It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should any woman convert to Islam? A serious question.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

I genuinely want to know, why should a woman convert to Islam

Ask the women who converted to Islam. Thats the best way to get answers.

If you don't like women converting to Islam.... well, too bad.

Or are you telling me that women SHOULDN'T have the freedom to make THEIR choices?

edit on 26-6-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Ask the women who converted to Islam. If you don't like it, well.... too bad.
Or are you telling me that women SHOULDN'T have the freedom to make THEIR choices?

LMAO now that is funny coming from a muslim in a religion where if people make choices they die for it. Islam is like a gang, once you join the only way out is death and if you are discovered an apostate you will be put to death if you do not recant.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I'm sure that no muslim woman in the M.E. would choose Islam if they had a choice, but they don't.

What about the muslim women in India, Indonesia, Philippines, Bosnia or the African continent?

They are born muslim. The children of a muslim father will be born muslim, no exception

Well, its the same for christians.
The children of a christian father will be born christian... UNTIL they make their personal choice to convert to a different religion or become atheist.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Islam is like a gang, once you join the only way out is death

Its akin to saying "Christians picket the funerals of their own soldiers."

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
pls delete

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Of course woman should have a choice and I'd like to know from someone who did make that choice, WHY?

Also, Why should non-muslim women convert? I would think anyone who is Muslim should be able to give a positive reason why women should convert.

Women in the middle east as LoneWolf stated have no choice, no voice by sharia law. By the laws in their country they are voiceless, must behave as a good muslim or be killed, must do whatever a male tells them to do. Why should western women choose this as a lifestyle? It is a valid question rather you like the question or not.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Christian, Jewish, Buddist, Bahai etc. families do not kill their members for having independent thought and making a choice to follow another religion. Why should someone convert to a religion that does.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Women in the middle east as LoneWolf stated have no choice, no voice by sharia law. By the laws in their country they are voiceless

Well, I perceive women from YOUR region as being promiscuous, slutty, whore-like, materialistic, shallow, likely to participate in abortion, adultery, open lesbianism etc.

Or is it that only christians are allowed to generalize other people.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Why should western women choose this as a lifestyle? It is a valid question rather you like the question or not.

Just saw this on youtube....

She seems like a western woman who converted to Islam. Listen to her yourself.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Ask the women who converted to Islam. Thats the best way to get answers.

If you don't like women converting to Islam.... well, too bad.

I did not see where the OP stated that he or she doesn't like woman converting to Islam.

I also don't see anywhere where he or she said they shouldn't have the freedom to make THIER choices.

You are making things up.

I see that he or she asked a question, a very good one at that, concerning why a woman would actually want to be Muslim, when clearly the life of a Muslim woman is strictly oppressed and degrading (as some see it) Me included. Hoping to get some genuine replies from possibly a Muslim woman who can explain why. There has got to be a few on here.

From the looks of it it would SUCK to be a Muslim woman!
Why would a woman want to willingly convert into such an oppressive lifestyle?
Perfectly understandable question.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Women in the middle east as LoneWolf stated have no choice, no voice by sharia law. By the laws in their country they are voiceless

Well, I perceive women from YOUR region as being promiscuous, slutty, whore-like, materialistic, shallow, likely to participate in abortion, adultery, open lesbianism etc.

Or is it that only christians are allowed to generalize other people.

lol the usual patriarchal defamation of women
which is in reality a projection of your own unbridled lust

you sound like one of this guys fans
as you no doubt share his beliefs
mostly an attack on gays but he moves on to women at the end
lot's of lulz here

in reply to OP, i know of 5 or 6 muslim members, 2 are female
so OP may have to wait a bit

edit on 26-6-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: fixed vid

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

I did not see where the OP stated that he or she doesn't like woman converting to Islam.
I also don't see anywhere where he or she said they shouldn't have the freedom to make THIER choices.

OP didn't make those statements. Yes.

But the thread title still doesn't make any sense. The OP is based off personal assumptions about Islam.

Like I replied earlier...

"Your original question "Why should any woman convert to Islam?" is as valid OR absurd as a question like "why should a muslim woman convert to christianity" or "why should a muslim woman become atheist".

when clearly] the life of a Muslim woman is strictly oppressed and degrading (as some see it) Me included.

I live on a street with 4 muslim families. Their women don't seem to be "oppressed" or "degraded".
The way I see it, their lives seem fine.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I've heard christians complain about what I said earlier.

I mean, there's a good reason why there are so many christians ranting about the abortions, promiscuity, fornication, homosexuality, materialism thats rampant in their societies. NOT muslim societies, but THEIR OWN societies.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

L
L

islam is merely the baby of the family of abrahamic religions
psycho-historically it's at the same level xtianity was during the 2nd and 3rd centuries

xtian fanatics were terrorists in their day, and eventually they destroyed society in their quest for dominion
since then i don't think i'd be too off the mark in stating that xtianity has wiped out a billion

however not only we are at the dawning of a new Sun/World Age,
but the Transcendental Paradigm [as opposed to the Magical, which is ascending;and the material which is plateauing] is in a steep decline as well.

i doubt the islamic fanatics are going to be able to top that or even have a chance at catching up.

let alone achieve world domination

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
reply to post by smyleegrl

In this Christian dominated subforum, you all really expect Muslim women to know about this thread, much less speak out against vitriol?

The lack of response sure does speak volumes, about the welcome anyone who isn't Christian or Atheist gets here.

How many Muslimahs have any of you even seen posting anywhere on ATS?
edit on 26-6-2012 by cetaphobic because: (no reason given)

What vitriol? The op asked a valid question and did so in a polite manner.

I do understand your point about Christians and atheists. Been there, done that.

As to how many Muslims are on ATS at any given moment, you have a good point. We will just have to be more patient.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I watched the video of the woman. She is clearly WAS(notP)M White Ango Saxon Muslim. She is articulate but this clip still does not say why she converted or why others should convert, it is only an explanation of why she wears the head scarf.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I've heard christians complain about what I said earlier.

I mean, there's a good reason why there are so many christians ranting about the abortions, promiscuity, fornication, homosexuality, materialism thats rampant in their societies. NOT muslim societies, but THEIR OWN societies.

I am not disputing what you say. I am only saying that Christians can tell you why a woman should convert and the benefits to the woman for converting, as can Jews, as can Buddhists, Baha'i, Wiccans etc. They all can.

What is so wrong of asking the question of Muslims? Why does this make you so angry?
I agree there are evil people in every religion and even extremists in many religions.
That still doesn't mean we can't ask the question and expect a positive, reasoned reply.
Why should a woman convert to Islam? What is the benefit?
If Mohammad says most women won't make it to paradise, he says most women are intellectually deficient, and says husbands should beat their wives, why should a woman follow him? I think it is a perfectly reasonable question, one that is in no way hostile.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

I am a Muslim Woman and no, threads like this I refuse to respond to simply because they are not threads with honest questions about my faith or why I would choose Islam over any other religion, this is an Islam bashing thread...therefore see no point in taking part. I am positive these people can bash Islam all by themselves without me, since it is not my thoughts, feelings or knowledge concerning the issue they want anyway.

edit on 26-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

So glad you logged on.

I am really serious. Why did you convert to Islam? How do you reconcile the words of Mohammad with your gender and conversion?

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females" (see also verse 4:176). In Islam, sexism is mathematically established.

Qur'an (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women."

Qur'an (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

Qur'an (5:6) - "And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it"

Qur'an (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..." A man has dominion over his wives' bodies as he does his land.

Qur'an (53:27) - "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names." Angels are sublime beings, and would therefore be male.

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (6:301) - "[Muhammad] said, 'Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?' They replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her intelligence.'"

Bukhari (6:301) - continued - "[Muhammad said] 'Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?' The women replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her religion.'" Allah has made women deficient in the practice of their religion as well, by giving them menstrual cycles.

Bukhari (2:28) - Women comprise the majority of Hell's occupants.

Hadith, Kanz al-`ummal, 22:10, suggests that 99% of women go to Hell.

Bukhari (62:58) - A woman presents herself in marriage to Muhammad, but he does not find her attractive, so he "donates" her on the spot to another man.

Muslim (4:1039) - "A'isha said [to Muhammad]: 'You have made us equal to the dogs and the asses'" These are the words of Muhammad's favorite wife, complaining of the role assigned to women under Islam.

Abu Dawud (2:704) - "...the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: When one of you prays without a sutrah, a dog, an ass, a pig, a Jew, a Magian, and a woman cut off his prayer, but it will suffice if they pass in front of him at a distance of over a stone's throw."

Abu Dawud (2155) - Women are compared to slaves and camels with regard to the "evil" in them.

Ishaq 593 - "As for Ali, he said, 'Women are plentiful, and you can easily change one for another.'"

I promise I will not ridicule you or in any way be unkind. I just want to know how you reconcile this with your faith or if you believe as a part of your faith that women are less intelligent, less trustworthy then men and have a much less chance of going to paradise than a man. I don't think these are hostile questions, just honest questions.

The fact that no one chooses to answer and if you choose not to answer, which is your prerogative of course, implies that there is no way to reconcile the two.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

So happy you neglected to actually read what I said...

says an awful lot about you

therefore once more, have fun with your bashing of the religion of others without me

Anyone who seriously wants to know anything about my religion or me can U2U me, I am happy to answer sincere questions... smyleegrl has done this in the past
edit on 26-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join