It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should any woman convert to Islam? A serious question.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have a SERIOUS QUESTION FOR MUSLIMS (ONLY PLEASE). I tried to get it answered in another thread but no one ever did. So to try and get an answer I am starting a new thread.

Please only reply if you are Muslim or truly know the Koran well enough to answer.

Please don’t say things are different in the US, I want to know from the perspective where the “ ideal on earth” for a muslim already exists, a muslim government where total shariah law is in effect.

WHY SHOULD ANY WOMAN CONVERT TO ISLAM?

What is the benefit for a woman to convert to Islam? What is the benefit for a woman to stay in an Islamic country if she can flee?

The Koran makes it clear that it Allah can reject her and not allow her into heaven even if she was pious and upheld all the commands. That she may have committed some small offense that she was unaware of that would condemn her to hell. Also the KOREAN MAKES IT CLEAR THAT VERY FEW WOMEN ARE ADMITTED TO HEAVEN, EVEN THE PIOUS AND COMMITTED TO ALLAH. So why on should or would a woman choose to be Islamic WHEN TO DO SO DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL GO TO HEAVEN BUT STILL PROBABLY GO TO HELL?

Women are forced to marry men they don't want; this is indisputable. To keep the women at home the whole religion has to keep them off the streets or be accompanied by another male so they can't attempt escape. Because of the forced marriage at frequently outrageously young ages women hate their husbands and have to be forced by shariah law to have sex with them; this too is indisputable.

There is a telling statistic in Iran. The fathers who truly love their daughters are not forcing them to marry. There is now a large population of educated women who are not married. The birth rate in Iran is now below replacement rate. There is also widespread infanticide and specifically female infanticide

Since men aren't allowed at birthings the midwives are often compliant to the wishes of the mother to have a stillborn child. So much so that I have heard from RN's of Muslim men who bring their wives to the US to give birth to insure the baby is not "stillborn" and insist the mother not be allowed to have the infants alone

The life of a muslim woman must be hell on earth. I have told my daughters I don't care who they marry as far as skin color or ethnicity, but never ever even date a muslim man and never ever date a first or second generation american arab. To them it seems as though women are chattel, dogs and pigs, only good for producing sons.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

WOW no takers again.

This speaks volumes

The default answer has to be that no woman in her right mind would convert to ideal Islam without being forced to.

If this is true then eventually the rest of the Islamic world will eventually fall to the fate of Iran, a lack of females to marry and propagate the religion.

To get the heart of a man who is not in a muslim country one has to get the heart of his true love, or promise him unlimited rape for eternity.
edit on 26-6-2012 by grandmakdw because: When I rewrote in the beginning the sentence made sense. After my rewrite it did not.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

WOW no takers again.

Maybe that's because you only waited 15 minutes for an answer and also said this:

Please only reply if you are Muslim or truly know the Koran well enough to answer.

edit on 6/26/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: sp

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I tried this same thread a couple of years ago. It was aimed at Muslim women, asking for their opinions and viewpoints.

I got no answers. The only replies were from men.

In this instance, the cliche is true. The silence is deafening, and speaks volumes.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

You are right the silence is truly exposing the truth.

Normally, when I post the first reply comes within 5 minutes or less.

I know there are a number of Muslims who are on the site and actually knew from another thread that one muslim man in particular was online when I posted and for at least 15 minutes afterward.

I asked for only Muslims because only they can defend their religion in any realistic way and really didn't want to deal with trolls or ignorant people.

Interesting the Muslims choose not to defend Allah on this point, maybe they can not.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
First let me say interesting question.

But it seems almost like a baiting thread here.

Especially since you have just said you knew of a Muslim on the site at the time you posted the thread.

Couldn't a PM have served your purpose -- directly asking this member?

Is this not just an attempt to slam another religion not your own in thread form?
edit on 6/26/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I tried this same thread a couple of years ago. It was aimed at Muslim women, asking for their opinions and viewpoints.
The only replies were from men.

How sad not a single woman would (could?) defend her faith.

Ask this of any other religion and you'll get tons of females replying.

When women can not defend their faith, they do not pass it on to their children. When women don't pass it on to their children, the faith eventually dies.
When the person passing on the faith, the male, is cruel toward his wife the daughters see this and are even less likely to believe the religion but go through the motions of being pious to avoid being abused.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'd like to see a reference from the Koran backing this statement you made (below)

There has to be a reason that women should want to worship Allah even if the Koran says they will probably go to Hell no matter if they worship Allah or not.

edit on 26-6-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
First let me say interesting question.

But it seems almost like a baiting thread here.

Especially since you have just said you knew of a Muslim on the site at the time you posted the thread.

Couldn't a PM have served your purpose -- directly asking this member?

No I'm not baiting. I'm really trying to get an honest answer.

This is something I have been wondering about for a long time.

The Muslim man on the other thread gave excellent and reasoned replies to people and I respect him for it.

But even he would not answer this question, which I think deserves to be answered publicly.

There has to be a reason that women should want to worship Allah even if the Koran says they will probably go to Hell no matter if they worship Allah or not.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I'd like to see a reference from the Koran backing this statement you made (below)

edit on 26-6-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

"Among the inmates of Heaven women will be the minority" (Sahih Muslim 36: 6600);........

"I (Mohammed) have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-Fire were women...[because] they are ungrateful to their husbands and they are deficient in intelligence" (Sahih Bukhari: 2:18:161; 7:62:125, 1:6:301).

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Women are converting because Muslim men want to marry and have children.

Its really that simple.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

In this Christian dominated subforum, you all really expect Muslim women to know about this thread, much less speak out against vitriol?

The lack of response sure does speak volumes, about the welcome anyone who isn't Christian or Atheist gets here.

How many Muslimahs have any of you even seen posting anywhere on ATS?
edit on 26-6-2012 by cetaphobic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Apart from being blindly in love with a Muslim man, the only thing that occurs to me is that either (1) she wants to have all decisions and most responsibilities taken off her shoulders, or (2) she is completely ignorant of how Muslim women are made to live.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I have a SERIOUS QUESTION FOR MUSLIMS (ONLY PLEASE). I tried to get it answered in another thread but no one ever did. So to try and get an answer I am starting a new thread.

Please don’t say things are different in the US, I want to know from the perspective where the “ ideal on earth” for a muslim already exists, a muslim government where total shariah law is in effect.

I assume you are a citizen of the US?

To put things in perspective.... let me ask you a question....
Why should any muslim woman leave Islam and become like a US woman?

You are making assumptions and generalizations about muslim women...
And how about I make a radical assumption that women in the US are like Kim Kadarshian or Paris Hilton or Britney Spears?

edit on 26-6-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Why should any woman convert to Islam?

Perhaps women also happen to be spiritual in nature and are capable of reading the Koran for themselves....and then make their own choices???

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I don't know, you tell me. Why should they?

So would you leave the US and gladly live as a Muslim woman in an Islamic run country if you fell deeply in love with a Muslim man? If so, why? Besides "feelings" of love, that would be a given.

Have you read Princess, written by a Saudi Princess? Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia
This book is written from a muslim woman's perspective and verifies my assertions.l

or: In the Land of Invisible Women: A Female Doctor's Journey in the Saudi Kingdom [Paperback]
Qanta Ahmed (Author)

or Disfigured: A Saudi Woman's Story of Triumph Over Violence [Paperback]
Rania Al-Baz (Author), Catherine Spencer (Translator)

or Sold: One Woman's True Account of Modern Slavery [Paperback]
Zana Muhsen (Author), Andrew Crofts (Author)

or I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced [Paperback]
Nujood Ali (Author), Delphine Minoui (Author), Linda Coverdale

or
Not Without My Daughter, A True Story by Betty Mahmoody and William Hoffer

or
Inside the Kingdom: My Life in Saudi Arabia [Paperback]
Carmen Bin Ladin (Author)

These are the true stories of women who lived in Muslim countries in a Muslim household.

Read these books and then see if you still feel the same way.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

So would you leave the US and gladly live as a Muslim woman in an Islamic run country if you fell deeply in love with a Muslim man? If so, why?

Im not American and I'm not a woman.

Your original question "Why should any woman convert to Islam?" is as valid OR absurd as a question like "why should a muslim woman convert to christianity" or "why should a muslim woman become atheist".

The point is muslim women are ultimately individuals. They make THEIR choices. They can convert to Islam, christianity, buddhism.... or become atheists.

Read these books and then see if you still feel the same way.

How about I recommend a bunch of stuff depicting the worst of American women?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I say again, you will not get any Muslimah opinions on this website. You'll have to seek them out in person or maybe online for your answers. All you'll get here is speculation and anti-Muslim lies.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The original question is quite serious.

I thought the Muslim's had an agenda to convert everyone, just as many other religions do.
I'm sure anyone of them would answer the question: Why would a woman convert to .....?

Why is it an insult to ask this of a Muslim?

Why isn't there an answer to women who have read these books and heard these stories.

Other religions have answers to their Paris Hilton's.

Where are the Muslim responses?

I genuinely want to know, why should a woman convert to Islam
with all this evidence that it is harmful to women?

To win the world, the Muslims must have an answer other than Satan will get you.

As for Muslim women in muslim countries being able to make up their own minds. You know that is not true. They are under penalty of death, as are the men for deciding anything other than to be Muslim. That is no exaggeration, it is simply the rule of law in Muslim countries.

Why can't anyone give me a positive, cogent answer to a question that many many women want to know the answer to.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm sure that no muslim woman in the M.E. would choose Islam if they had a choice, but they don't. They are born muslim. The children of a muslim father will be born muslim, no exception and this is why muslim women are forbidden to marry nonmuslim men because the children will be what the father is. The only way out is apostacy and that is rewarded by death. So the majority of them, the choice is islam or death. Now you and i being born and raised in the west recognize that we have a choice to follow whatever path but they are not given that choice. Under Sharia a christian trying to convert a muslim can be put to death. If a woman is raped there needs to be 4 male witnesses, the testimony of women is not permitted. There is no assurance of going to heaven in islam when you die, you're basically rolling the dice.

Now they will claim to be a "religion of peace" and that is stage 1 Jihad..Taqiyya (islamic deception), but know them by the fruits of their labors (actions). Islam survives only because babies are born muslim and brainwashing begins at birth, take that away and it will fade to nothing. Iranians are somewhat different because they are Persians and many of them kept their persian hearts after Muhammad. Zoroasterianism was the dominant religion before Muhammad there and that was a monotheistic religion of it's own with Ahura Mazda as the most high god.
edit on 26-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join