It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Verses from Masonic Ritual

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
There are many open source repositories of masonic ritual. Most are similar to what is used in many lodges today.

I wanted to point out some of the Bible verses considered sacred by Masons (at least in the US).

One of the most important is found in Ecclesiastes. In my jurisdiction the Bible is not necessarily opened to a specific verse during the meeting, but in many it is the tradition to open the Bible on the altar to Ecclesiastes:

Ecclesiastes 12 King James Version (KJV)

1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

3 In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,

4 And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of music shall be brought low;

5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

During the initiation of a new candidate, the following verse is quoted:

Psalm 133 King James Version (KJV)

1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

In some jurisdictions (Texas maybe?) the book of Amos is quoted in the start of the second degree:

Amos 7:7-8 King James Version (KJV)

7 Thus he shewed me: and, behold, the Lord stood upon a wall made by a plumbline, with a plumbline in his hand.

8 And the Lord said unto me, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A plumbline. Then said the Lord, Behold, I will set a plumbline in the midst of my people Israel: I will not again pass by them any more:

In my jurisdiction, this quote from 1 Corinthians is used for the candidate:

1 Corinthians 13 King James Version (KJV)

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

In the Texas Monitor from 1922 I found this ceremony for initiating a foreigner. Although it is not biblical, I thought it was beautiful:

You, brother, the native and subject of another nation, by entering into our Order, have connected yourself, by sacred and affectionate ties, with thousands of Masons in this and other countries.

Ever recollect that the Order you have entered into bids you always to look upon the world as one great republic, of which every nation is a family, and every particular person is a child.

When, therefore, should you return and settle in your own country, take care that the progress of friendship be not confined to the narrow circle of national connections, or particular religions; but let it be universal, and extend to every branch of the human race.

At the same time, remember that, besides the common ties of humanity, you have at this time entered into obligations, which engage you to kind and friendly actions to your Brother Masons, of whatever stations, country, or religion.

So, to those who have asked, here are some examples of what Freemasonry IS, quoted directly from ritual.

It is not my job to convince you one way or another. I am sure there will be some flaming.

I don't expect you to believe me, but I will say that anyone who is not a mason who claims we worship any "god" other than the Supreme Creator is ignorant or lying, or confused.
edit on 6/26/12 by emsed1 because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

We have our Bible open to the appropriate verse for the degree which the lodge will be opened in. The very ones you mentioned. Our last years master had a habit of moving the bookmarks to keep the SD on his toes as to which verse he opened the Bible to. It still is a bit of an inside joke for a couple of us.

I do wish the ones who come here spouting fire and brimstone would grow even a tiny pair and join just to find out what it is they are condemning. It just seems so close to bigotry. Hate of an entire group, without understanding the group at all. But as has been said, that type of man has no business in masonry anyway, so I guess it will just continue.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

We don't open the main Bible on the altar to any specific verse, although we do read those verses during the degree work, the Chaplain has his own Bible, or often has them memorized.

I've always thought we should be more careful to open the Bible to specific verses depending on what we are doing at the time. Perhaps I will suggest that at our next meeting.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

That is a great idea... to have the candidate see the verse on the altar! I like it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I thought everyone did that. When the first three raps happens, the SD goes to the altar and opens the Bible to the appropriate verse. Might I ask, if you don't open the Bible, what does the SD do when this happens?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

He opens it, but he just grabs it and opens it wherever it happens to open to. After the raps, the WM commands the SD to do so (wording is specific). After opening, he displays the square and compasses for the appropriate degree. But we don't have bookmarks, he just opens it somewhere in the middle.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

We do it like getreadyalreadys lodge does it, too. When the SD approaches the altar to open the Book, he reverently opens it to whichever passage happens to pop up.

After my degrees, my candidate coach taught me where to find all the related verses of the degrees.

Cool read, emsed!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by emsed1

I do wish the ones who come here spouting fire and brimstone would grow even a tiny pair and join just to find out what it is they are condemning. It just seems so close to bigotry. Hate of an entire group, without understanding the group at all. But as has been said, that type of man has no business in masonry anyway, so I guess it will just continue.

Network dude:
I would be hard pressed to find many posts where you don't include your Freemasonry catch words of "bigot" and "hate" as they relate to your Christian brethren. They are words that exemplify the shameless tactic of indoctrinating people to view love as only being tolerant or accepting. I'd like you to go back to scripture and figure out that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob doesn't define love as "tolerance" or "acceptance". The God that you claim to worship commands you to be a set-apart holy individual that speaks truth and abhors evil. The day that a Mason is honest and states that His organisation requires its Christian members to deny that Christ Jesus is THE way, THE Life and THE Truth by it's very teaching that all faiths worship the same god and that salvation can be found outside the one name given under Heaven by which men can be saved - contrary to scripture -is the day that a Mason finally speaks the truth.

"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, WHEREBY WE MUST BE SAVE."
Acts (4:10-12)

Masons - do you stand silently by as your Islamic, Buddhist and pagan Mason brothers falsely believe that they will obtain salvation outside of this name? You preach about "hate" and "bigotry", yet you must really hate your non-Christian Freemasonry brethren to stand silently by and let them believe a lie. That is "hate" in my book. Or do you believe your Freemasonry creed over the God you claim to worship?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

oh well.

I guess you just don't get it at all. It's a shame. You seem to be capable of finding the keyboard and typing stuff.

Here it is.

Try to sit down and relax, because this might come as a shock to you. ready?

Ok, Not everyone on earth believes what you do. there are other religions out there.

you still OK?

Masonry isn't a Christian organization. Nor is the Waffle House. I suggest you peddle your message of salvation there, as you might find more interested folks, and if not, at least you can eat. even Jesus had to eat.

God bless you brother.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

They are words that exemplify the shameless tactic of indoctrinating people to view love as only being tolerant or accepting.

Yes, that is a terrible, terrible way to conduct one's self. How dare we preach tolerance and acceptance. In addition, we also teach personal responsibility, charity, brotherly love, and moderation in all things. Oh the horror!!

For the record, I NEVER sit idly by while my Buddhist, Islamist, or weird Wiccan/Deist brothers go about their daily routines and forget to worship Christ. Instead, I commend them for living righteously, doing right by their families, careers, and personal responsibilities, and having the open mind to explore all things spiritual and find their own truth and happiness and spirituality. But I never sit idly by.

I also commend my Christian brothers for finding their path to happiness and spiritualness, and take care of their families, and careers, and personal responsibilities, and when one of them is led astray, I never sit idly by while they fall into fanatical thoughts, or forget that religion and politics are forbidden topics in the Lodge. I am always willing to remind them of their obligations. For some reason, I just never run across a fanatical Buddhist? I can't think of a time I ever had to ask one to settle down a little.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

For the record, I NEVER sit idly by while my Buddhist, Islamist, or weird Wiccan/Deist brothers go about their daily routines and forget to worship Christ. Instead, I commend them for living righteously, doing right by their families, careers, and personal responsibilities, and having the open mind to explore all things spiritual and find their own truth and happiness and spirituality. But I never sit idly by.

That is one of the best rebuttal statements I have yet to read on ATS... bravo.

And I concur wholeheartedly with every word in your reply.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The Christ also taught to accept others, as you have accepted Him.

A man of spiritual faith, a muslum, a bhuddist, a catholic... Each is entitled to seek God in their own way. Jesus did not go to Church. When he wanted to commune with the Above he found a dark corner, alone, and prayed. He preached to those who were there to hear him speak, he didnt go out of his way to force his belief on anyone.

And after all of his earthly deeds were done, we killed him! For the simple fact that he was trying to teach us how to LOVE EACH OTHER, he was crucified.

You do little to honor his teachings when you tell others they are wrong, and spreading hate, when in reality we are spreading acceptance and love. There is only One who will judge each man. That Being is not you.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I love how you take words not uttered or written by Christ to exemplify his message.

Paul was a brilliant man to be sure but there are over 400 other verses in the Bible that say salvation is a gift to all, regardless of whether they know about Christ or not.

Also, if you want to REALLY understand the message of Christ get yourself an interlinear bible and take a look at how King James bastardized, manipulated and hijacked Christ for his own ends.

Better yet, if you want to realize what Christ wanted/wants read his Commandment: "Love one another"

Anything that adds to, or subtracts from that message is not of Christ, it is a man-made invention to serve a man-made religion.

DISCLAIMER: These statements are made by me as a Christian and do not represent the views of Freemasonry.

The "Holy Bible" is not a thing. It is a dynamic and ever changing library of books that are added to, and subtracted from, and manipulated to serve whomever is in power, be it a pope or potentate.

Paul, whom I believe had the greatest of intentions and understood the Good News, has been unfortunately used to create a hybrid "Paulinian" Christianity that does not necessarily spread the Word.

God, the ineffable and eternal Creator, is not an angry, jealous, exclusive, mean-spirited and jealous spirit.

Every time a "Christian" demeans, condemns, judges, puts-down, excludes or terrorizes another human being they are promoting a message that is the exact OPPOSITE of what Jesus wanted.

Even if you insist on KJV being the literal Word, LISTEN to the words of Christ: The kingdom of heaven is already here! The Kingdom of God is within you!

LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

This is (or should be) the ultimate message of both Christianity AND Freemasonry.

Better yet -

Find a quiet place.

Close your eyes.

Clear your mind.

Be still.

Honestly ask God for guidance.

KNOW that God is the "I AM"

In this way you will truly know through personal revelation the 'secrets' you condemn us of.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Better yet -

Find a quiet place.

Close your eyes.

Clear your mind.

Be still.

Honestly ask God for guidance.

KNOW that God is the "I AM"

Best advice anyone can give anyone else.... ever.

That simple exercise could clear up so many misconceptions, but people are usually far too close-minded to take the advice, or honestly listen to the answers when they come. It is a shame though. Still GREAT advice!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

And to answer your other question:

As a Freemason I do not know the nature of the faith of my brothers, save that they believe in a Supreme Being.

As a Christian Freemason if I were to discover the faith of my brother I would rejoice and celebrate with him.

Christians need to get it out of our fat, self-important, egotistical, bigoted, ignorant heads that Jesus' message was for US.

There were NO CHRISTIANS when Jesus was alive. Who did he come to save?

Jesus did not want to be worshiped. He would be PISSED to see the cross he was murdered on hanging in churches while we kneel and pray in front of it.

He would be horrified to see the acts that are done in his name.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by emsed1

would grow even a tiny pair and join just to find out what it is they are condemning.

Tis per chance that men of this particular you imply are consuemd in the mystery only known as lacking.
This thing is foul and odious in nature. They do not see the works in totality. Only that veil which is likely to reveal naught. So... they linger now in the hopes of embracing an idea of it no matter wherein and/or whereof it comes from.

For me however...
I learned to "Remain A Roman Catholic" whilst being barred from their graces and further my advancement with the teachings of Freemason which your graces have left for me round about in this... "their city."

Today I hold back my thanks to thee...
And instead I put forth to you for Freemason namesake a gesture called "Purchase"

I buy nothing yet I bought lust... today I made a woman happy with that purchase.
She was run off to her graces and I left with the mechanism of lust for me to devour.
Happy and unhappy I am, but grateful too... Although not as much as her.

I believe that whilst I tell it it makes very little sense to anyone. Yet the deed is done.

This I got not from Catholicism... But rather from Freemason teachers/books.
It was the 27th degree: "Prince Of Mercy"

Charitable do not call it... instead say of it: "Tis but a mortal... who deals according to our graces!"
"Let thanks be to our efforts to promote our good graces."

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

It's ok, we all have to pay for it once in awhile, one way or another.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Pinocchio

It's ok, we all have to pay for it once in awhile, one way or another.

LOL!
Boy did I ever...

In irony I did it to purge the lust of another.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Pinocchio because: Thanks GetReadyAlready...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Amos 7:7-8

Is recited in Oregon, but not in Ohio. The Bible is also open, the verse depending on which degree we open on.

The foreigner verse is great.. I might have to suggest that since we've initiated a few people from overseas.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a lot of what ive seen exposed on line , is there is an outer circle and an inner circle in the masons, the right candidates, are selected from the outer court into the inner court, to suit the inner court agenda, controlled by the Illuminati, jesuits.

the ritual of 33 degree and 35 degree masons they swear allegiance to Lucifer, same as the Jesuit black mass, Illuminati rituals,

servants of the beast anti christ, and the fourth Reich, NWO, Power pyramind, world system , to entomb man kind, in deceit and deception,

the magic occult round about turning all around us.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join