It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ghost Train" Poplar Bluff, MO.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Poplar Bluff is a small town in SE MO. I read several years ago about a supposed "Ghost Train", that was because of a wreck many years ago.
Story
Story2

It is basicly the same story, word for word, on different sites. People go out there to look for the "ghosts". I even took the family out there in the past just for fun. Never saw anything. Recently a group of teenage girls did the same thing and it cost some of them their lives.
Two killed in train-car crash
St Louis Today
MSNBC
NY Daily News

One sad thing is that these girls died over nothing. I researched and never found any record of a train accident. Apparently it was all made up. These girls, like others before them(including me), were wasting time on a lie. Now people will be going out to the tracks to see the teen girl's ghosts.

Lots of towns have "ghost train" stories. I wonder how many other lives have been lost because of "ghost train" fairy tales?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Whilst i dont believe in ghosts in any way shape or form, i still would like to spend the day/night in this place just to see what feelings i get, see if get spooked. i dont think i would but this story still sounds interesting.

Has anyone ever taken any pics/video of the place in day or night (but not in a blair witch style). I live in the UK so i cant just go and take a look unfortunately, although i would much like to.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Moohide

I have taken pics in both the day and night. Nothing out of the ordinary though.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Didn't the only girl that survived this accident deny that they were out there looking for the ghost train? This was in all the news in Southern Illinois. Not sure why they would have stopped on the tracks, but I am certain that this lone survivor claims it was not to look for the ghost train.

In fact your KFVS12 link says that they weren't playing he game...
KFVS12
edit on 6/26/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

Hmm. After re-reading the news articles I am pretty certain that they were in fact looking for the ghost train. Not certain why she lied. Maybe she thought she was going to be in trouble or was protecting the reputation of her friends.

edit on 6/26/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Here is a picture of the famous san antonio train track ghost

www.ghostreport.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

We can assume lots of things but how do we know there is nothing there even if we don't take a funky
picture with a camera or get a creepy EVP? It is a world best left alone so many say. I am sorry that the
girls lost their lives..especially since they had not lived to a ripe old age.
www.wbtv.com...
Here is another story of unnecessary loss of life.
It's not that I have no interest it's just that I know bushes hide snakes and walking down railroad tracks is
risky so at my age, I think I will pass up the opportunity to witness any related anomalies. I think many
of the genuine accidents we are not aware of..seems like the rumors and tall tales reach our eyes
and ears first.
There was a story on tv once about a house haunted by restless spirits who were victims of a horrible
railroad crash..I can't find it right now but it was interesting to watch, the story that is. Perhaps any true
hauntings by earthly spirits, if there is such a thing, are very rare. I'd be more apt to believe it was some
evil spirit impersonating a person who once lived.

top topics

join