It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clashes at Republican Guards HQ near Damascus, reports of British forces in Syria

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Rocketman7

No point in a pissing match.

Staying on topic, any other sources yet for British involvement? Or just more RT rubbish?
edit on 26-6-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

I was able to find an Associated Press talking about this incident:
Activists: Syrian rebels clash with elite troops

Washington Post:
Syrian rebels clash with Assad’s elite troops near capital, activists say

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JWash

Nice catch, JWash.

Didn't see any mention of British boots on the ground in either one of those stories, though.

Could be a bit of 'colour' added into the link provided in the OP.

edit on 26/6/12 by masqua because: sp

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by slaine1978
reply to post by Juggernog

check your history m8
and its not england its britiain

edit on 26/6/12 by slaine1978 because: (no reason given)

The last thing they did unilaterally was the Falklands war, which they barely squeaked by.
England, Britian, UK, whatever.

Lol, as opposed to? Having some Vietnamese farmers beat the [snip] out you? Or having the worlds largest airforce and not being able to catch three planes? Or boasting about having the most powerful army in the world bu you are getting shot and blown apart in Iraq/Afghanistan?

If you knew anything about the U.S. You would realise they need Britain more than Britain needs them. The amount of US soldiers who have break downs during tours of duty and the fact they hug the wall and call for 'mom' just proves how 'tough' the US army really is.
I have family and friends who joined the British Army and fought beside Yanks and laughed at them... Full of bravado and pride but when it comes down to it your army is as useful in a fight as a bloody child.

edit on Tue Jun 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

Lmao, I allready said I was just messing around, I could care less about the US military
Hell, Ill be one of the first ones to talk crap about them but you go ahead and wave your flag, nobody cares.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
Why is it always us used as the cannon fodder?more need to secure our own borders than interfering with others.and we wonder why the world hate us.

Cuz UK doesn't have anything else to do or offer (besides the queen and her monarchy) ?

Just kidding. As I read one of the other post on this thread and understood(though I'm not sure), it very well could be syrian army imploding as many have defected the country. So what better way then to take out the person that can bring nothing but conflict to the region as either way they might be all killed for good/bad or for/not for assad.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There was reference in the RT link to reports of an 'unconfirmed' commando presence.
Would anyone seriously be surprised if this was so? A far cry from 'British Troops invade Syria' though! Does the OP work for a sensationalist tabloid?

edit on 26-6-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
There was reference in the RT link to reports of an 'unconfirmed' commando presence.
Would anyone seriously be surprised if this was so? A far cry from 'British Troops invade Syria' though! Does the OP work for a sensationalist tabloid?

edit on 26-6-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

Clashes at Republican Guards HQ near Damascus, reports of British forces in Syria

Sensationalist Tabloid? The RT report is titled "reports of British Forces in Syria". Last time I checked, forces of another country on the ground constituted an invasion. I didn't write the RT report. Complain to them if you don't like their headline.
edit on 26-6-2012 by DevilJonah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
If you really think that British regulars would go in without US backup then
@ u

edit on 26-6-2012 by something wicked because: 100 times now, I really really must stop replying to people who use HBO as a history lesson

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The last thing they did unilaterally was the Falklands war,

You crack me up.

Lol, whilst the last military action the mighty US took part in without the UK watching their back was it's resounding victory against the military might of Grenda - a victory to be proud of and shout about.

This thread is a complete joke.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost
Come on guy's the us and British have had each others backs for years.

We are one united we stand no need for a pissing match.

Brothers forever, we may not agree with some of the choices each country makes, but we will never leave each other behind. A strike on UK is a strike on USA, the world knows it and we know it, now let's start acting like it.

God Bless,

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I am not 'waving my flag'. I am Irish. I can't stand Britain because of the history between us. Try again though.

I am, however, pointing out the fact that your army is good for nothing except sitting as cannon fodder or using drones to kill your enemies.

Even though I dislike Britain I absolutely hate the arrogance of most Americans. 'We have the world's best army'... Yeah, because you spend $700b a year on it and even then China is making all those pretty toys useless by firing one more weapon than it can counter or sending one man more than the GPMGs can take out.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

Your opinion is so bias it's not even reasonable to entertain.
Please stop barking like a rabid dog about how if you have a certain flag, it makes you better than someone else.

I am sick of hearing it from my fellow Americans and I am sick of hearing it from you.

What is this thread about? UK spec ops inserted into Syria?
What are you talking about ? How UK > USA?
Get real dude you are so off topic it's not even funny.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Until the BBC tell me otherwise, it's not true.
They have no News on it so far.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by DevilJonah

Any other sources than RT?

Can't find any UK sources saying British troops involved in any action in Syria? Makes me doubt the credibility of the story to be honest. Rightly or wrongly, our media usually bangs the drum for any action involving our forces.

RT is just as credible a source as the others!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

Obvious troll is obvious ... and apparently inconsolably bitter. Take the US bashing elsewhere, as it’s apparent you have no idea what the hell you’re talking about … none. Feel free to insert expletives in various places in the preceding sentence.

Have a really great day there champ.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just British troops? This is a fake thing, NATO has to be in there to be a war.

Wait.... The US is in like 900 wars now, hahaha.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

www.ethiopianreview.com... claims the presidental compund is under attack no idea on quality of source but

British forces in Syria, Assad presidential compound said under attack Unconfirmed first reports from British, French and Turkish sources say British special operations forces crossed from Turkey into northern Syria Tuesday, May 26, and advanced up to 10 kilometers inside the country. The same sources report heavy fighting around the Presidential Guards compound on the outskirts of Damascus. Gulf military sources confirmed the presence of British special forces in Syria. Our military sources estimate that the British military drive into Syria, if confirmed, is designed to establish the first safe zone along the Syrian-Turkish border, to be followed by more Western military incursions to establish additional zones of safe asylum in other parts of Syria. The two-pronged operation - the reported British incursion and major clash at the front door of Assad’s presidential palace - would appear to be designed to widen the cracks in his regime and speed its final breakup.

so is this really happening or is this bs??
edit on 26-6-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

While it is wise to remain alert to the possibility of things blowing up, take a look at 80's history and you'll see a scary parallel in events. Things did not explode back then, and its entirely possible they wont now. Regardless though, we are in for a rough ride.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

I am not 'waving my flag'. I am Irish. I can't stand Britain because of the history between us. Try again though. I am, however, pointing out the fact that your army is good for nothing except sitting as cannon fodder or using drones to kill your enemies.

Ah, an Irishman huh? Tell me Lucky, hows that Irish military doing anyway?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Those blighters are trying to take Syria, to gain a foothold in Syria, as a hub of the Silk Road, rather than use Greece. They are trying to cut out the middle maN! A dastardly plot.

We will swarm them with a network of hubs based on cloud computing and at every attempt they make to stop our goods going to and from, it will be like them once again, trying to dominate the Internet, and failing.

(Rubbing hands)

We will build a global network of trading depots, not connected to passenger travel, and we will have inspectors at those terminals, from each country they make the rules for their hub. So if you order something from the Internet, you are getting something that is legal in that country. They seal it there, and it is opened on arrival.
It may pass through any country as long as the seal is not broken.
The countries in this network have been approved as to their trading practices.

Then, as you desperately search for goods for your busy shop, you see a page similar to the torrent system, and you pick an approved seller, and you click and it says we can give you this many, as long as you take this as second choice and this as third.
Any mixture of those could arrive almost instantly if that is ok. They say yes and boom. It comes from all over through the system and arrives, 'just in time', according to, 'supply and demand' principals.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join