It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clashes at Republican Guards HQ near Damascus, reports of British forces in Syria

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by aprofessionalRussian

It is a crap source.

RT cannot be trusted in anything it reports.

It might as well be beforeitsnews, it's so bad.
edit on 6/27/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Your rite there is no other website or news source with this onfo, because it never happend. A very good friend of mine, his father is a high up in the military he has heard nothing of this matter, and Obama HAS NOT declared a national emergency people. To who ever is behind this thread be aware there is a laws for making up false war situations, and not to mention inducing panic, and the punishment can be quite severe, so keep that in mind next time you want to make up a story to see how much response you will get out of it war is not a joke.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What amazes me is how people say there is no war going on in Syria. You are all kidding right? Have we a blind eye syndrome on here today?

I just saw footage of the destroyed Syrian national TV station. The palace was "bombed". We been getting some oft repeated footage of shelling, and hooded cretins shooting up the hood. There is the report of "a" plane shot down. There are reports of weapons and combatants being smuggled in thru Lebanon and active training camps in Turkey and elsewhere. (at least they are no longer being called "Friends of Syria").

Who is it that doesn't think that war is actively engaged in a bid to dominate the middle east? Who is it that thinks that the west isn't behind this latest bid for dominion of another middle eastern nation? Who is it that thinks that undertaking is not underway right now?

Who is decrying the havoc of war as not what it seems? By hook or crook, the plan proceeds. If we can't get UN or Humanitarian or Chinese / Russian permission, who cares? There is no doubt. The only doubt in a media information vacuum is in the back of our minds, not the front.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I believe everything you say, believe me I do. I know there is a war going on there has been for years and there will be for many more to come, but British troops did not invade Syria please believe me when i say that.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by DevilJonah

With any luck our commandos will get into the presidential palace, find the criminal Bashar,
and execute him. Doesn't matter what the Russians do then, because Assad will be dead
and can't be saved.

Russians government is nothing more than Mafioso..........

Wow.

Cant believe there are people this ignorant and brainwashed..in this day and age..

The Russian government is nothing more then mafioso?

So what does that make the American, British, French, German, etc governments, all of which are deeply tied and connected in the international smuggling rings of DRUGS, GUNS and PEOPLE?
Some of these governments and their agencies actually RUN the operations.

Some of these governments and their agencies actually FUND, TRAIN AND ARM terrorist organizations around the world, as well as dictatorships.

Some of them are involved in bringing down LEGAL AND DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED governments in other countries.

So, what does that make the Western powers in your eyes? Saints?

The Russians are no better no worse then our own governments.
They are all corrupt and up to no good.
Just take a look at the state the world is in today.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just checked the Arabic Aljazeera site, and while there's no doubt there's a war going on, their report of the TV station bombing is indicating the Syrian government is attributing it to an attack by the "Republican Guard". There's no mention of British troops anywhere in their report. Seems interesting considering Aljazeera would definitely have motivation to jump all over an attack by any "western" military strike force.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
UK invading right now??? Are u serious? Ive looked all over the news and dont see anything about it.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Originally posted by Gauss
About bleedin' time somebody does something.

Of course, with doing something also comes the responsibility of keeping the more fanatical rebel groups out of the new government. Sigh... I miss the Cold War. Things were much more simple back in those days.

Gauss, who do you think hired the terrorists to kill Syrian civilians? wasn't Syria....

I find it amazing that people still fall for "it is rebels and they need our help" line... bull ....

Right, because an entire nation has decided to rise up against their dictator on a whim, directed by the CIA or some NWO BS.
I guess you also think the Egypt revolution was all some Mossad/CIA/MI6 scenario too?

There is NO DOUBT AT ALL that Assad's army has been and is attacking, shelling, murdering and persecuting their own people. If you can provide one shred of evidence that the choppers and tanks shelling towns, villages and cities are not Syrian regime forces I will concede that there are issues.

Until I see some evidence that proves everything we have seen and heard FROM PEOPLE ON THE GROUND IN SYRIA is false or manipulated, I absolutely refuse to believe these apologist excuses defending a murderous scumbag.

Just because our governments are corrupt to the core does not mean Assad isn't as sick and twisted as many of us now know.

I wish some of the biggest idiots here would use some common sense and stop defending complete lunatics simply because they don't trust western governments. I don't trust any of them either, but there IS NO WAY our governments have managed to influence hundreds of thousands of Syrians to rise up against their dictator, and there IS NO WAY they have managed to "fake" the shelling of cities and the deaths of thousands of innocent people.

You apologists make me sick to my stomach, and I aint afraid to say it.

edit on 27-6-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

there is no evidence for your claims.Its known that Western media is waging propaganda war against syria like Libya.USA is supporting al qaeda. Any media that supports al qaeda loses crediblity.Also NDAA makes propaganda legal.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

and western corporate propaganda is consistently spreading hoaxes like soviet pravda and rt is getting better

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

There IS NO WAY our governments have managed to influence hundreds of thousands of Syrians to rise up against their dictator, and there IS NO WAY they have managed to "fake" the shelling of cities and the deaths of thousands of innocent people.

You apologists make me sick to my stomach, and I aint afraid to say it.

edit on 27-6-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

Erm, yes there is, is called TV and the Americans use it all the time to influence the population of targeted countries.

Is really simple, no country will ever have 100% support, if you control at least 1 TV station in that country (Barada TV in Syria's case) then you can use it to broadcast propaganda against the regime, after you have stir things up enough you call for a peaceful protest on TV to overthrow the regime, even if 10% of the population want regime change this will equate to thousands meeting up.

Once all genuine protesters have gathered and begin their marches, that is when outside influences begin attacking to cause chaos and confusion, Syrian military will find it impossible to target who are the peaceful protesters and who are shooting at them and the "mercenaries" involved will also kill civilians to further damage the regime's PR to the outside world.

During this chaos is when the western media campaign calling for intervention to remove the regime starts and then individuals like yourself get on the "Team America" bandwagon.

I am not saying that all military and the Syrian regime are good guys, like every large group there will be good and bad people on both sides and Assad is no angel but this incident was NOT started by the regime, it was outside influences working on this for years.

They keep doing it again and again, Lybia, Venezuela (failed) off the top off my head... same formula each time and yet people still argue about the irrelevant points and think is just as simple as "bad dictator, lets spread freedom to them! and be heroes!"

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
1. to enter forcefully as an enemy; go into with hostile intent: Germany invaded Poland in 1939.
2. to enter as if to take possession: to invade a neighbor's home.
3. Enter (a country or region) so as to subjugate or occupy it: "Iraq's intention to invade Kuwait".
4. Enter (a place, situation, or sphere of activity) in large numbers, esp. with intrusive effect.

Just a few definitions of invade

So no British forces have not invaded

A nods as good as a wink to a blind man !

How goes the training evanb

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You're detached allright, detached from reality like so many others

Gotta love people who blindly follow propaganda. I'm sure the Syrian gov has been attacking the rebels, but just for a second imagine foreign "rebels" destroying your country, do you honestly believe the gov should do nothing?
There is plenty of evidence that the supposed rebels are being (indirectly) funded by the US, for example.

They are destabilizing the region for a reason, and it's not because the Syrian people are tired of Assad, the massive rallies FOR him prove this, just like in Libya, where there was no general opinion on Kadhaffi, many were against him, many weren't, who are we to get involved???

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I dont by this in the least.

Surprised others here fell for it?

Assad will have to vacate soon and will get booted.
Assad's future there is dim.

This guy should worry.

I also could see a bloodbath coming soon?
If he decides to do this,that will be the end game.

When it goes past the point on no return,his army will destroy and kill 10 fold to save there own lives.

Be nice if some sanity comes to play here and he just gets out,but his army would executed and some of them should be.

His army has done some evil atrocities,they triggered this.
Takes cruel dictators to rule the contries over there.
They play the game ,there time will come to.

I think turkey will do him in.

Russia does not want to loose there only 1 naval base over there.
I think they are backing the wrong horse and will loose.

I think within 90 days this will be done,if not within a few weeks befor he vacates.
No way in hell his army can play the game like the Egyption army can.

All I can say for now.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Don't even bother! Anybody still using the "Al Qaeda" Terrorist propaganda bull# is either stupid as # or just sadistic warmongering demon. Then again, at this point it's just blatant evidence of Government shill vermins that have infested this site. These assholes are lying through their teeth cause they know the agenda. They know the planned ww3 is coming and they know that foreign troops will attemp a sneak invasion of the next Middle-East target while their vile corporate madia is instructed to follow the cover up plan. RT is just reporting the obvious.

Even though RT can come off as biased, it's still a more trustworthy news broadcast than all the other mainstream media combined.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

Does anyone think Russia will interfere on behalf of Syria?

current "elites" in Russia is very flexible bastards, they're ready to sell own Mother 4 saving their @$$€$.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

there is no evidence for your claims.Its known that Western media is waging propaganda war against syria like Libya.USA is supporting al qaeda. Any media that supports al qaeda loses crediblity.Also NDAA makes propaganda legal.

No evidence?
So the UN, Red Cross, Red Crescent, Syrian citizens, Turkish citizens and independent journalists are ALL lying? Are you telling me all those people are "imagining" the bodies of women and children in ransacked villages and towns, that the footage of tanks firing shells on civilian areas are all fiction, we're just imagining that?

Who is creating the bodies of women and children being treated by Red Cross? Who is firing on the ambulances from tank positions? Who is flying over in military Syrian choppers and planes firing on innocent people?

We have all seen the footage of all of this happening. We have read the reports of independent journalists on the ground. We know what is happening to the citizens of Syria and no amount of "it's all lies" will change the facts.

You are in denial, and if I didn't know better I would say you're a propagandist for the regime. You're no better than Israel standing in front of the cameras denying they're dropping White Phosphorous on Gaza while it's being broadcast live around the world over their shoulder.

We can see what is happening in Syria, and you can deny it all you like. I'm now dismissing you as delusional.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xality

I think the 1 American TV station there did not do crap to cause this.

This is not the first time either Assad's regime has spilled blood.
Alot of who he kills dont even have TV's!

Has it occured to you maybe some people are sick of him and his army?
A vast majority controlled by a few?

Alot of them dont give a rats about America.

Yet some have asked for help from the west.

Russia has offered much help,way more than us.
Maybe they need a TV station to help influence others?
What about there propocrapo?

Sure the US may be involved in little ways.

Theres a country called Turkey to,and some others as well.
I assume they have better connections than we do there?

The TV station example is lame.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyMN

This is not the first time either Assad's regime has spilled blood.

hmmmmmmm.. bunch of $icko$ like cia has been says about human rights?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I read a report on Debka. You can read it here debka.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join