It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Cancel Speedway Event at Charlotte Convention

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Seems like this pledge to not take corporate money came along right around the time the final holdout corporations had woken up and stopped donating to the DNC on their own accord. The "pledge" strikes me as being a lot closer to a guy who finds no woman wants him taking a vow of celabacy rather than being something of actual substance. Remember, politicians never leave money on the table... but they certainly do come up with some interesting excuses for why the table is bare.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think the DNC will take "corporate" $$$

Just not "directly".

Indirectly perhaps.

this from May 15, 2012

Democrats have touted a ban on corporate donations to the Democratic National Convention coming to Charlotte in September. But local convention organizers have a special fund, known as New American City Inc., that accepts contributions from the likes of Wells Fargo & Co. , Bank of America Corp. and Duke Energy Corp., The Wall Street Journal reports.

The $10 million organizers hope to collect with the fund will cover salaries for convention workers, entertainment for delegates and activities outside the convention itself.
Fund takes corporate donations for DNC

WSJ story May 11, 2012

I wonder if embezzlement is happening ?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join