It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Death An Illusion? Evidence Suggests Death Isn’t the End

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The Einstein quote given in the OP has nothing to do with an observer created reality. It is not even about quantum mechanics. It refers to Relativity.
en.wikipedia.org...
Time is a dimension just like height, depth and width. Just as height depth or width do not move or flow, the same applies to time. Past and future are like east and west. To say that something is “east” means that it is “east” relative to something “west”. For example, Michigan is east of California and west of New York. Similarly, to say that something is in the past simply means that it is in the past relative to another moment.
Jan. 15, 1958 is past to us (in 2012) and future to someone in 1938.The idea that time passes, that “now” moves from the past towards the future has been proven to be an absurdity. For example, suppose time does move. How fast? Seconds per what??????

edit on 29-7-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This was a really cool post. One of my favorites that I have read in a long time. Really got me thinking, lol.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Our consciousness is a mystery. Many fields have tried to study it and explain it, and the best and closest explanation is, when multiple parts of your brain and working in tandem, compared to just the basic functions, that is consciousness. There is a distinct difference if you do a brain scan.

That said, your memories, feelings, fears, loves, all of that, is programmed in neuron pathways and synapses in your brain. That part, indeed, dies

If true, then our primitive emotions are wiped from the slate when we die. Now it makes entire sense to me that when we die, we lose these emotions and leave this plane of existence and advance to a higher level of consciousness where we do not need emotions anymore. Very simplistic, and could very well be quite precise. .
edit on 29-7-2012 by elrem48 because: did not quote two full paragraphs.

new topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join