It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove The Existence Of Any Religious Entity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonRain311

I define my religious entity as the omni-present quantum field and it's ability to generate "random" states, most of which are averaged out, some not (especially those amplified by biological systems that specialize in this kind of thing). I reverently like to refer to this entity as 'TheSquishyBitInTheMiddle'.

Being a quantum computer, it's main attribute is that it can give an optimum solution for any given reference rule set and problem statement. I.e. your Map and your Question. If you want to, you can call this omniscience.

Answers to questions represent able in the Map can directly be presented. Answers that require the map to be extended seem to happen by the choreography of chance. This could be confirmation bias or a subtle ability to put a whisper of a finger on the scales of anything.

The only thing that is really ineffable about TheSquishyBitInTheMiddle is the constant prevailing impression of a wicked twisted and yet sublimely elegant sense of humor.

Proof? The only proof there can be is mathematical, Godel limited to be incomplete. Statistical likelihood is so low-fat.

Useful? Incredibly. Pro-noia is where it's at.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

One more thing I left out. I believe in the human race as a collective to be better than what we are currently.

Then why aren't we better now?

I believe that we all have the power to love and help each other unconditionally.

We do, but have we ever witnessed it?

I believe that we as humans do in fact have the power to eliminate our oppressors and annihilate these old, worn out concepts of religion and create a new understanding on the parameters of life, and its impact on how we are.

So, why hasn't it happened yet?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Love is what is part of Christianity, the true people that practice it. I love my fellow human.
Yes, I know. Love is the central tenant of pretty much all religions, which is why I added "squabbling." When we fight over who's right and who's wrong, we forget about love and become selfish, throwing compassion out the window.

I love you too.
edit on 26/6/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

Glad you liked it.
edit on 26/6/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Prove to me the Big Bang happened.
There is no way of convincing someone who thinks something doesn't exist except by showing them.
what do you believe?and why are you more right then I or some religious freak?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonRain311

Originally posted by paganini

Originally posted by DragonRain311
Alright folks, a lot of you are going to tear me apart, but it has become too much to bear to the point where this must be released from my mind. I would like to start off by saying with regards to this matter, that I have read the bible, Qur'an, and the Mormon bible, so ultimately I read before I criticize, and after I have put the books down and analyzed what I had read, I laughed uncontrollably because I cannot understand why people choose to believe in such absurd stories to validate their own existences, to raise a family under and so forth.

so you're stating how absurd it is that people fixate on religion yet you are amusingly doing the same in this long winded post of yours. You see the irony? How about like these people you step away from whatever you're doing an occupy yourself with something more productive. It is not like this post is going to dazzle the masses and make them wake up your supposed pearls of wisdom after all so this post and the replies you will make to it are just time wasted.

By your own admission it has gotten to much to bear.You allowed yourself to become over run with negative emotions which again should have been addressed and removed before it became this bottled up.

At best i think you need to follow your own advice before you attempt to hand it out to others.

First and foremost sir or ma'am. No one asked you to read this long winded post.

Second, I read before I criticize as I am not an ignorant tool.

Third, it is too much to bear because I wish this world were filled with people who were able to separate logic from fantasy. You seem to be incapable of understanding the reasoning behind this post, but that is alright. Not everyone can be the sharpest tool in the shed. How about you take a look in the mirror and realize that you probably don't have the audacity to do something like this, and read material which completely contradicts everything you believe in with an objective opinion.

The bottom line is, I am lamenting because our species should be a lot further along scientifically and technologically. But because of bible pushers and people blocking progress, we are still wallowing in insanity and fanaticism over expired ideals and belief systems.

The problem with some religon and science is that there are thruth there inbeded around controlling lies. But then you could go to Buddism instead where everything should be able to be examined by logic and no contridiction and dualities should exist. If you find any wrongs they will change their faith to suit reality as they understand it. I see both Buddha and Jesus and myself and you as from the same source.

Tell people that have opened charkas and can feel the other side and are harmonious when they do not think that there is nothing on the other side does not exist and they will laught out loud. Some people do not belive because of faith but because they have experianced things. Even science make assumptions and scientist choose sometimes to not examine things that are a bit uncomfortable to talk about. We do not have the whole picture yeet and that will have to be ok.

Some people who are Christians do not at all follow Jesus teaching and even understand it. I have read it several times and did not understand certain things until I read Buddism and a Toltec book. Trust me it is not Jesus you are having a problem with it is the people who do not even understand their own religon and only play around with their views and judgements. Jesus own message to them is that he will not know them since faith without works is dead. Bellieving a message of love when preaching hate gets you nowhere.

Jesus would be the first person to rave against the church and the crap it has caused if he came back. And the fundamentalist Christians would call him an antichrist since he would have been a loving hippie revolutionary like kinda person. You cant be greedy and follow Jesus message at the same time.
edit on 26-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

While not yet proven, there is a ton of evidence to support the big bang. Do you have any evidence to support creationism?

DC

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx

While not yet proven, there is a ton of evidence to support the big bang. Do you have any evidence to support creationism?

DC

The "ton of evidence" has been formed upon and developed from numerous hypotheses. It is just as impossible to apply scientific method to the big bang theory as it is to apply scientific method to the existence of God. Hence the current stalemate mankind is experiencing.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

See this? Lets see you make one. You cannot use any known element. You must fabricate your own elements using only your own imagination and knowledge. You cannot use any known science, you must develop every aspect, every law of physics on your own without using anything that already exists. Before you can create the tree you must first create the universe, laws of physics, elements, stars, planets etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

How do you explain viruses bacteria etc..

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I only read your first post dude.

I have no interest in preaching my God to you.

The thing in your life always watching out for you, you know it,

It's Your God and I feel humbled by it. . . do you not?

I need not tell for you things you know.

But I will state, and it's universal? they are one in the same and all of creation see's it whether the see or not.

Cheers, and peace for a journey, luck.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I find fervently religious people are typically the type of people who are missing something from their lives and religion fills the gaps for them.

The funny thing about EVERY religion out there is that there is NO proof that any of them can provide of any God. There are books and stories and all kinds of evidence for them, but nothing is even close to proof. God is an invention of man to explain things that he doesn't know about to give comfort, motivation, and drive.

The problem with a good portion of those people is that they REALLY want to make people live by their standards. I have no problem with you believing what you believe, but as soon as you start to legislate or administrate your beliefs onto me, I'm going to have an issue with that. I'm not sure why a good majority believe in God, or Allah versus other documented gods like Odin or Quan Yin. My suspicion is PR. Both Muslims and Christians have a REALLY aggressive PR campaign going and both religions are big on indoctrination.

I was born into a Christian family and as soon as I received a fair amount of education, I was able to ask questions that religion could only answer with "It's God's will", which is the religious version of "Because I said so".

I only have faith in things that I have knowledge of. Like the sunrise or entropy. I can't have faith in any religions that have SO many inconsistencies and full on contradictions in their official documentation.

When it comes down to it, though it comes down to the exclusive behavior of most religions. Even if you live a good life and enrich the world around you, if you're not part of their club, they say you're not going to your final reward. I don't want to be associated with groups like that.

I know a bunch of good religious people, but the religions aren't what makes them good. It's their behavior. We already know how to treat each other right. You don't need a religion to do that.

"Without religion, a good man will do good, and an evil man will do evil. But it takes religion to make a good man do evil."

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Have a good day bro.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Originally posted by xDeadcowx

DC

The "ton of evidence" has been formed upon and developed from numerous hypotheses. It is just as impossible to apply scientific method to the big bang theory as it is to apply scientific method to the existence of God. Hence the current stalemate mankind is experiencing.

Actually that evidence comes from science and the study of all the related physics fields that apply to the big bang. It's not just a made up story that someone found in a book. You can get a brief semi-layman's explanation here if you want.

www.scienceandreason.net...

There's so much evidence that you would be hard pressed to find any cosmologist to go against it. Like the theory of gravity or relativity. You can argue against them, but unless you have a better explanation, this IS the way it happened according to the unanimous agreement anyone studying the physics field professionally.

What happened BEFORE then is up for grabs. The difference between religion and science is that science can say "I don't know, but we're studying that and we WILL some day KNOW", while religion says, "It's God's will" and be satisfied with that.

Science isn't against God, because if they found that there is/was some supreme being that is controlling everything, they'll gladly update to the new view. Whereas religion falls apart if it's proven that there is no God or that religion is based on fraudulent information. Science has no ego. Religion is ALL ego.
edit on 26-6-2012 by grahag because: For grammar

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I tell people not to judge God by what others do, or have done, in His name. Humans corrupt much of what they touch. Jesus told the Jews they had it wrong. What would he say today? That I would like to know.

In addition, reading the Bible, or any sacred text, provides a reference point for better way to live and the unknown world which surrounds us. Some people get it, and others don't, for whatever reason I do not, or need not know.

I do know my studies of Jewish, Christian, and more esoteric philosophies has given me a better understanding of myself, my limitations, and my capabilities. This has been good. It may not be for everyone, and indeed we all have a choice of which road we wish to follow.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Why?

Didn't you ever hear of freedom of religion?

Prove no religious entity exists, if that's your goal but until you do, you can't really say it's true with conviction. Well you can but why should anyone believe you? You have no proof.

edit on 26-6-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You make a LOT of assumptions about what Christians believe.

I myself am a scientifically-minded, evolutionary Christian mystic.

The more I look into Jesus and his teachings, the more I recognize in him a spiritual/metaphysical genius.

You assume too much.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I personaly have experianced that shich you refer to as "a deity" and I can tell you with all Certainty that you are looking in the wrong places. You will likely not find what your looking for inside any book, however you will find clues as to where to look. To paraphrase a well knowen statement, to have faith the size of a mustard seed, one can move mountains.
You are not moving from a place of faith but from a place uncertainty.
This is plain to see. Your motives may be full of rightous indignation but your heart is filled with doubt. And it is this reason and this reason alone that keeps you blind. Self imposed blinders if you will. Remove the doubt and you will remove the blinders.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hello,

Your initial attack is with Theism, or the belief in a prime-creator. To be very clear, this being need not be the deity of Abrahamic sects, nor of ANY religion, and may also include the property as the 'source' of all life and consciousness in the universe, without having a specific location in space, or time - let me explain.

Theism proposes that such a being must fulfill two criterion. First, this being must be what is known as an 'independent' being, i.e., that the creation and continued survival of such a being isn't dependent upon anything else. This quality demands that such a character wasn't dependent upon another for its creation, but is what is known as a casua sui, (unlike all other life known to exist). Second, this being is also known as a 'necessary being,' which is a character whose non-existence is an impossibility.

To the point: since all existent things are dependent upon something else for their existence, there must be a fundamental and necessary prima causa that got the ball rolling, so to speak.

If this is confusing, we may take a more well known analogy from modern science; thus, everything in the universe must have a cause, and currently, what is referred to as the 'big-bang' fulfills the criteria for this 'first cause.' All fine and well, yes? The issue that separates Theists from Atheists, in the strictly philosophical sense, is that the Theist believes that something conscious animated, and initiated the Big-Bang, whereas the Atheist does not (and further, cannot logically account for how exactly the material of which composed the Big-Bang was made manifest; thus, the burden of proof is upon the Atheist to account for how this is possible without committing an infinite regress. You probably notice that the underlying mechanics of this debate is philosophical, and not necessarily a question that can be solved by science.
On this point, I ask you not to bitch about philosophy not being the right tool to use to answer questions about the universe (OMG lolz), as it was this particular discipline that gave birth to science, and in particular, Atomic and Quantum Theory.

Anyway, such a conclusion (that there exists a source of consciousness that has no location in space or time, that at very least, created the conditions which gave birth to the big-bang), demands nothing further from the one it persuades (e.g., beliefs about abortion, gun-control, hand-jobs, gay-marriage, terrorism, tolerance, KISS's disco record, etc). You may attack religion all you want, but if your qualm is HOW and WHY it is reasonable for some people to hold Theistic beliefs while others hold Atheistic beliefs, then you need to throw out scripture, and start studying philosophy - but you will find no knock-out arguments for either Atheism or Theism, for that matter.

So, if you want proof, there are a variety of philosophical arguments (and their 'proofs') for the existence of a creator-being - however, you must make your objection to the premises, and not simply rely on an account or criticism with various scriptures and dusty old tomes (or your short-fused emotions, for that matter).

Here's the argument given above:
I. Everything that has a beginning of its existence has a cause of its existence.
II. The universe has a beginning of its existence.
III. The universe has a cause of its existence.
IV. If the universe has a cause of its existence then that cause is a supreme creator.

Therefore:
V. A supreme creator exists.

You may raise the question, 'Wouldn't a supreme creator also have a beginning of existence, and thus untangle the argument?' This puzzle is solved by the explanation of the casua sui given above. A being that is independent fulfills the criteria necessary for this argument to work (again, She may exist outside of time and space, if she desires).

Here's another one:

I. If God exists then she has necessary existence.
II. Either God has necessary existence, or she doesn‘t.
III. If God doesn‘t have necessary existence, then she necessarily doesn‘t.
Therefore:
IV. Either God has necessary existence, or she necessarily doesn‘t.
V. If God necessarily doesn‘t have necessary existence, then God necessarily doesn‘t exist.
Therefore:
VI. Either God has necessary existence, or she necessarily doesn‘t exist.
VII. It is not the case that God necessarily doesn‘t exist.
Therefore:
VIII. God has necessary existence.
IX. If God has necessary existence, then God exists.
Therefore,
Xoxo: God exists.

Honestly, I don't know why I dignified your poorly written post with a response, after you having demonstrated yourself to possess a level of pomposity and arrogance typical of the WORST of ATS members. Really, where the hell do you get off calling someone a "simple minded imbecile?" You speak of love, but aren't really that great a channel for it.

No star, no flag, no kisses.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag
Science isn't against God, because if they found that there is/was some supreme being that is controlling everything, they'll gladly update to the new view.

If ATS had an award for the most out of touch post, yours would have clearly been nominated.

You have COMPLETELY bought the lies that TPTB have been dishing out.

When I read this:

"Science isn't against God"

All I could think was "Did he really just SAY that?"

Science has KNOWN there is a "Supreme Being" since the beginning of time. This is why they created all of those cults and false religions to distract you from reality and the truth.

If science were to go on the record tomorrow and say that Leeloo was the real "Supreme Being", somehow I believe that you would actually BELIEVE it.

Your post does confirm the fact that the elite have succeeded beyond their wildest imaginations at brainwashing the world.

"We will know that we have succeeded when everything the public believes is false" - William J. Casey (OSS/CIA operative & Director)

BTW your sig screams out: "I have NO credibility!"

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag

Science isn't against God, because if they found that there is/was some supreme being that is controlling everything, they'll gladly update to the new view. Whereas religion falls apart if it's proven that there is no God or that religion is based on fraudulent information. Science has no ego. Religion is ALL ego.
edit on 26-6-2012 by grahag because: For grammar
Buddhism would like to have a word with you... It pretty much trumps this entire quote.

Coincidentally, self-liberation is one of it's central teachings.

But really, the audacity of your post. It's truly shameful.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join