It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove The Existence Of Any Religious Entity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Alright folks, a lot of you are going to tear me apart, but it has become too much to bear to the point where this must be released from my mind. I would like to start off by saying with regards to this matter, that I have read the bible, Qur'an, and the Mormon bible, so ultimately I read before I criticize, and after I have put the books down and analyzed what I had read, I laughed uncontrollably because I cannot understand why people choose to believe in such absurd stories to validate their own existences, to raise a family under and so forth.

People, wake up. We are in the 21st century and nothing, I repeat NOTHING proves the existence of any deity beyond the realm of the literature you read about them in. The idea that some human beings are so completely narrow minded that they hurt other people in the name of their religion and their flying spaghetti monster, all to prove whose religion is best, is counter-productive at best.If Jesus in the way he is described actually existed, then the man would be appalled at the behavior of modern human civilization.

Why do people justify the deaths and murders and slaughter of innocent human beings and animals over such absurd concepts? Has anyone realized that if extra terrestrial life does in fact exist, they would be laughing all the way to their home planet because to believe in something that does not exist, probably never did and to kill for it repeatedly and use the deity as a justification for doing so, have rendered the human race completely isolated and helpless in the event of a massive event that would require extra terrestrial intervention if ETs exist.

Why can't people just wake up in the morning and realize there is no one right answer, there is no magic sky genie that is going to take all of your problems away just through beliefs. Oh yeah, and your dead grandmother who believed in Jesus all her life, is it going to make you feel better that you believe she has gone to heaven when in reality, she is rotting in the ground being devoured by all sorts of insect life?

It is not my goal to aggravate people, though I know for a fact I am going to get some flack for this, I welcome it. There are five steps to enjoying life healthily, and happily without fear, guilt, or repentance.

1. Put the fork down

2. Go outside and exercise with friends or by yourself

3. Trade your television set for a high energy dog

4. Adopt a diet that has more fruits and vegetables

5. Put down the bible and think for yourself

I welcome any and all arguments or debates, or simple people lashing out because they cannot come to grips with what they do not understand.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonRain311

If people want to believe, then let them. It is not for anyone to judge another about their beliefs.

It is also not about just believing, its about experiencing that which you believe in.

vvv

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Some can't believe in something greater than themselves.....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I kinda like the saying seeing is beleiving....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Problem we have is some still think like the way our ancestors think...

Some think in the jungle that an american plane came from venus or somewhere
And they still worship it waiting for the skygods to return lol..

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

No proof, sorry. The closest, non-tangible proof I can get regarding a Religious figure (from Christs time) would be:-
Pontius Pilate

Other than that:

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” (John 20:29)

Couldn't help myself - sorry

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

If people want to believe, then let them. It is not for anyone to judge another about their beliefs.

It is also not about just believing, its about experiencing that which you believe in.

vvv

Yes, everyone can believe whatever thy like but when you read day in day out quotes from books and threats to your soul if you don't believe and if you see people actually killing each other for those beliefs, then I think us non believers not only have a right to ask HOW it is possible to do this but also to question it vigorously as it has major impacts on humanity.
Maybe people are so taken in by this whole religion meme [in the sense of self propagating and self protecting information] because nobody is really allowed to question them officially. If we do, we are of the Devil.
Well done OP, S&F for asking sensible questions to people who can't possibly understand what they are preaching or they wouldn't preach.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

“It has served us well, this myth of Christ." Although widely attributed to Leo X, the earliest known source of this statement is actually a fiercely antipapal work by the ex-Catholic Anglican priest John Bale “Acta Romanorum Pontificum usque ad tempora Paulo IV” (Basel 1538; Frankfurt 1567; Leiden 1615) which was first translated from Latin into English as "The Pageant of the Popes" in 1574: "For on a time when a cardinall Bembus did move a question out of the Gospell, the Pope gave him a very contemptuous answer saying: All ages can testifie enough howe profitable that fable of Christe hath ben to us and our companie."

Same can be said of the famous turin shroud...

This myth of christ has served us well...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Thing is mate, its not as black and white as that, or as you would like to believe. (no pun intended)

There are some, that believe in something, yet not necessarily any of the Abrahamic gods. Some believe in a greater power, without any name attached to it, yet they are also grounded in reality.

If only everything was as simple as "believers" against "non believers", alas, its not. Look, I hate anyone shoving any religion down my throat, probably as much as you. However, I am past that point, of really caring. I will put up with all the stuff I hear and see, yet deep inside, I know what my convictions and believes are.

Its mine, my personal believes, and I do not share it. You have to learn for yourself. Some do it throught he bible, the quaran, whatever book, and I say godspeed to them.

vvv

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

Really? I have not heard that one before, you made me recoil into my pit of ignorance and feces.

No, you simple minded imbecile! I am not so arrogant that I believe nothing is greater than me.

Faith in the religious sense is a disease that needs to be eradicated and not embraced. Anyone who has been killed in the name of a deity would probably tell you before they died that they do not understand why they are giving up their lives for these lost causes, but they did anyway. One of the only barriers that humanity has from evolving to the next level spiritually and technologically is religion. When people devote their entire lives to a fruitless endeavor and ridicule others because their religious beliefs are not right, that is WASTE of life.

Christians have multiple denominations, Muslims have different sects of Islam, Satanists have their differences, and so on. For people to spend their lives arguing over whose sector is correct, I pity all of you for wasting your lives.

People, we are here to enjoy our lives. We are already restricted politically, financially, and vocationally, do you really want to impose more restrictions on your life? Love your family, treat people equally and that's it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

vvv

Yes, everyone can believe whatever thy like but when you read day in day out quotes from books and threats to your soul if you don't believe and if you see people actually killing each other for those beliefs, then I think us non believers not only have a right to ask HOW it is possible to do this but also to question it vigorously as it has major impacts on humanity.
Maybe people are so taken in by this whole religion meme [in the sense of self propagating and self protecting information] because nobody is really allowed to question them officially. If we do, we are of the Devil.
Well done OP, S&F for asking sensible questions to people who can't possibly understand what they are preaching or they wouldn't preach.

Thank you for taking the time to deconstruct what I had said. It is not that I believe I am better than everyone as I am not, but when is it eventually going to stop, or are we as a collective whole in our species even capable of progressing past this point.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonRain311
Alright folks, a lot of you are going to tear me apart, but it has become too much to bear to the point where this must be released from my mind. I would like to start off by saying with regards to this matter, that I have read the bible, Qur'an, and the Mormon bible, so ultimately I read before I criticize, and after I have put the books down and analyzed what I had read, I laughed uncontrollably because I cannot understand why people choose to believe in such absurd stories to validate their own existences, to raise a family under and so forth.

so you're stating how absurd it is that people fixate on religion yet you are amusingly doing the same in this long winded post of yours. You see the irony? How about like these people you step away from whatever you're doing an occupy yourself with something more productive. It is not like this post is going to dazzle the masses and make them wake up your supposed pearls of wisdom after all so this post and the replies you will make to it are just time wasted.

By your own admission it has gotten to much to bear.You allowed yourself to become over run with negative emotions which again should have been addressed and removed before it became this bottled up.

At best i think you need to follow your own advice before you attempt to hand it out to others.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

One more thing I left out. I believe in the human race as a collective to be better than what we are currently. I believe that we all have the power to love and help each other unconditionally. I believe that we as humans do in fact have the power to eliminate our oppressors and annihilate these old, worn out concepts of religion and create a new understanding on the parameters of life, and its impact on how we are.

Do not try to stir the pot with some arrogant, BS statement about how I cannot believe in something greater than myself. Perhaps my vision of greatness isn't some idiot who willingly gave his life for a lost cause, or some 900 year old guy who was capable of herding one of every animal by the time this great flood occurred.

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come up with a better response than that.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Really? I have not heard that one before, you made me recoil into my pit of ignorance and feces.

No, you simple minded imbecile! I am not so arrogant that I believe nothing is greater than me.

Faith in the religious sense is a disease that needs to be eradicated and not embraced. Anyone who has been killed in the name of a deity would probably tell you before they died that they do not understand why they are giving up their lives for these lost causes, but they did anyway. One of the only barriers that humanity has from evolving to the next level spiritually and technologically is religion. When people devote their entire lives to a fruitless endeavor and ridicule others because their religious beliefs are not right, that is WASTE of life.

Christians have multiple denominations, Muslims have different sects of Islam, Satanists have their differences, and so on. For people to spend their lives arguing over whose sector is correct, I pity all of you for wasting your lives.

People, we are here to enjoy our lives. We are already restricted politically, financially, and vocationally, do you really want to impose more restrictions on your life? Love your family, treat people equally and that's it.

Thanks for the insult. What restrictions am I imposing on my life, and let me remind you it's my life, and I am free to do with it as I wish. If you want to believe in nothing than good for you. You act as though I sit in a cathedral and pray all day, wasting my life away.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

People, wake up. We are in the 21st century and nothing, I repeat NOTHING proves the existence of any deity beyond the realm of the literature you read about them in.

ONE of us is WRONG... I repeat ONE of us is WRONG and ONE of us is RIGHT...

Jesus Appears to 24 Satanists During Blood Ritual

"I hear this hissing sound like a snake... and as I'm hearing him curse me, this cloud rises in the office and this really obnoxious smell.. and so I ask him 'How long have you been a Satanist?'" ~ Graham Cooke

edit on 26-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

so you're stating how absurd it is that people fixate on religion yet you are amusingly doing the same in this long winded post of yours. You see the irony? How about like these people you step away from whatever you're doing an occupy yourself with something more productive. It is not like this post is going to dazzle the masses and make them wake up your supposed pearls of wisdom after all so this post and the replies you will make to it are just time wasted.

By your own admission it has gotten to much to bear.You allowed yourself to become over run with negative emotions which again should have been addressed and removed before it became this bottled up.

At best i think you need to follow your own advice before you attempt to hand it out to others.

First and foremost sir or ma'am. No one asked you to read this long winded post.

Second, I read before I criticize as I am not an ignorant tool.

Third, it is too much to bear because I wish this world were filled with people who were able to separate logic from fantasy. You seem to be incapable of understanding the reasoning behind this post, but that is alright. Not everyone can be the sharpest tool in the shed. How about you take a look in the mirror and realize that you probably don't have the audacity to do something like this, and read material which completely contradicts everything you believe in with an objective opinion.

The bottom line is, I am lamenting because our species should be a lot further along scientifically and technologically. But because of bible pushers and people blocking progress, we are still wallowing in insanity and fanaticism over expired ideals and belief systems.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

One more thing I left out. I believe in the human race as a collective to be better than what we are currently. I believe that we all have the power to love and help each other unconditionally. I believe that we as humans do in fact have the power to eliminate our oppressors and annihilate these old, worn out concepts of religion and create a new understanding on the parameters of life, and its impact on how we are.

Do not try to stir the pot with some arrogant, BS statement about how I cannot believe in something greater than myself. Perhaps my vision of greatness isn't some idiot who willingly gave his life for a lost cause, or some 900 year old guy who was capable of herding one of every animal by the time this great flood occurred.

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come up with a better response than that.

Surprisingly I agree with your outlook on creating a better world. Notice I said some people, I didn't say all, or you. If you really do not believe that statement look at politicians, actors, etc. Do you really think those people do not consider themselves as the center of the universe?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

People, wake up. We are in the 21st century and nothing, I repeat NOTHING proves the existence of any deity beyond the realm of the literature you read about them in.

ONE of us is WRONG... I repeat ONE of us is WRONG and ONE of us is RIGHT...

"I hear this hissing sound like a snake... and as I'm hearing him curse me, this cloud rises in the office and this really obnoxious smell.. and so I ask him 'How long have you been a Satanist?'" ~ Graham Cooke

So just to confirm, you truly believe I am incorrect under the premise of some individual who claims he is able to identify satanists through sound?

That just proves my point even further.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Thanks for the insult. What restrictions am I imposing on my life, and let me remind you it's my life, and I am free to do with it as I wish. If you want to believe in nothing than good for you. You act as though I sit in a cathedral and pray all day, wasting my life away.

You mean to tell me theres religious people who are practical in regards to their faith and its only a small aspect of their life? OH MY GOD THE SHOCK!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by paganini

It's far easier to lump Christians all together and point towards evangelists as the norm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join