It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Alien Message to Get Reply from Humanity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
What message would you send to the aliens? Here's your chance. Assuming the WOW signal was from them. Aren't they disregarding advise from Hawking and others?

news.yahoo.com...

Just takes twitter acct..

>>If there's something you'd like to say to aliens, now's your chance. The Wow! signal, a mysterious radio transmission detected in 1977 that may or may not have come from extraterrestrials, is finally getting a response from humanity. Anyone can contribute his or her two cents — or 140 characters, to be exact — to the cosmic reply via Twitter

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Ohh wow finally the movie Battle LA can become reality!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I don't do Twitter, you can link it for me if you want:

"Beam me and her up.....there's no intelligent life down here."

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Just hope they have a good filter, we dont need some twit twittering some BS just in case something does receive it.
But why wait 35 years later to respond?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
setiathome.berkeley.edu...

Sounds like it came from Sagitarious..approximately 120 light years away. Thus they won't get our responce till long after I'm gone. Unless they have some listening devices(satellites) much closer.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
here is my message:

scotty, it's about friggin time you start beaming me up.
this world is going down the drain, fast.
i'll even pay rent!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Done. My message? "We're made of meat."

second.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
When you enslave humanity, can you leave ecuador alone? I have beach front property there....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
My post:

#ChasingUFOs Aliens hi! Avoid humanity at all cost. We're assholes. Trust me.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think we should trust Hawking et all.

Therefore, i think we should send out pure gibberish so they think we are crazy and leave us alone........frankly i, for one, do not fancy an anal probing from a "higher" life form. Maybe a selection of Spike Milligan or similar?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My tweet .... 'ignore all these tweets .. earth is empty .. stay away'.
Seriously .. why do people want to make the aliens know where we are.
It's like you are inviting trouble ...
Don't we have enough anal probes and abductions going on as it is?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
When you enslave humanity, can you leave ecuador alone? I have beach front property there....

Nice try, Mr Assange.

(Maybe if you get some Aliens to take you in you'll be well out of US duristicion too!)
edit on 26-6-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

All tweets composed between 8 p.m. EDT Friday (June 29) and 3 a.m. EDT Saturday (June 30) tagged with the hashtag #ChasingUFOs will be rolled into a single message, according to the National Geographic Channel, which is timing the Twitter event to coincide with the premiere of the channel's new series, "Chasing UFOs."

I'll have a note pad to make a few
if I remember to

I like turtles /
Major Religions and Governments say you don't exist ... prove them wrong /
Can I take my ball and come play at your house? /
Join ATS! /

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Why don't they just point hubble in the direction the signal came from and see if anything is a possible location for the source of the radio wave?

As for a tweet, at this point in human history, i would advise any aliens to stay well away, too many wars. If i was a visitor to another planet and saw what we see on this planet every day, i'd move on to the next potential life supporting planet.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What ever you do
DONT let humans get in to space!!!

beter to be slaves to aliens
than slaves as we are.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I am not a scientist so if I am wrong I apologize, but wouldn't the multitude of radio waves that have been pulsing out from the earth since the invention and implementation of radio technology, reach them long before this signal? And even if the older signals loose coherence surely they would retain at least enough coherence to look artificial rather then natural?

I guess someone with more knowledge of radio waves will have to answer, but to me it seems like if we are worried about signaling aliens that we are here, that cat is already out of the bag years ago.

Just my opinion though.
edit on 29-6-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I would simply say
I am polishing my weapon now bring it on

Cran

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Once they see the sort of clowns that use Twitter and facebook..........we are doomed!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
sadly these people who WOW'ed us are 120 light years away. Humanities first broadcasted message that went into space and is now en route to every single star system there is was Hitlers first publicly broadcasted speech.

SO imagine what these poor aliens will think when that comes rolling over their airways one day.

"Holy Crap! who did we just attempt to communicate with?!?!...!!!!"

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Sweet. Thank you for reinforcing my tweet

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join