It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ keeps us saved forever

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You might also like to follow up on these references for the first three months post-Exodus...
...there is a clear pattern of Sabbaths on the same days three months in a row...
...this can not happen under a Julian/Gregorian style week we keep now...

Exodus12 - First Month in a Row - The Exodus
At the time of the first Passover, and every year after that, Passover was fixed to the 14th of the First Month (Abib), which was also fixed to the sixth day of the week. The first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread was fixed to the 15th, which was always fixed to the seventh-day Sabbath (Leviticus 23: 4-16). This made the Sabbaths for the First Month (Abib) of each year to be consistently fixed to the 8th,15th, 22nd, and the 29th.

Exodus16 - Second Month in a Row - The Manna
One month after the Exodus from Egypt, manna was given each morning for six days, but not on the Sabbath day. The very first Sabbath that followed the first six days was the 22nd lunar calendar date, counting from the New Moon. This fixed the other Sabbaths for that month fall on the 8th, 15th and 29th (Exodus 16).

Exodus19 - Third Month in a Row - The Mountain
Commencing the Third Month, on the precise anniversary of the Exodus from Egypt at night, Israel was led by the pillar of fire by night, to the foot of Mt.Sinai. It was in the Third Month, on the very same lunar calendar date of the 15th, after the sacred Sabbath hours were past (Deuteronomy 16:1; Numbers 33:3; Exodus 19:1-2). So it is divinely demonstrated that for three lunar months in a row the Sabbath was located on the same consistent lunar calendar dates.

I also recommend a study on the fall of Jericho...
...you can find it here...

The Adventist Sabbath Paradox - Jericho Campaign - 7 days without a Sabbath...
forums.carm.org...
edit on 5/7/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Arn't we talking about the bible here though?

Even the word "sabbath" or Shabbat... is Saturday... not sunday.

Shab-bath ...Hebrew (Ancient and Modern)

Yom hash-shab-bath... Shemitic Hebrew Bible world-wide(Day the Sabbath)

Shab-ba-tho ... Ancient Syriac

etc etc etc...

All the Seventh day... Saturday

Sunday worship is the first day of the week... Something Christianity adopted from the romans... Also why you see suns and halos around images of Jesus and the saints.

Find a passage in the bible that suggests sunday worship...

Im sure theres moons in there too somewhere

edit on 5-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

The words of the Old Covenant were the Ten Commandments...

Exodus 34:28 "And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments."

Do you mean this covenant? In Exodus 34?
. . . Moses chiseled out two stone tablets like the first ones and went up Mount Sinai early in the morning . . .
. . . the Lord came down in the cloud . . .
. . . the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, . . . forgiving wicked . . . does not leave the guilty unpunished . . .
Moses bowed . . . “then let the Lord go with us . . . and take us as your inheritance.”
Then the Lord said: “I am making a covenant with you.
Obey what I command you today.
Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land where you are going . . .
Do not worship any other god . . .
Do not make cast idols.
Celebrate the Feast of Unleavened Bread.
Redeem all your firstborn sons.
No one is to appear before me empty-handed.
Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest . . .
Celebrate the Feast of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest . . .
Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast . . .
Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.
. . . And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.

Bahaha!!

Sorry but thats frickin hilarious!!

edit on 5-7-2012 by Akragon because: Still laughing!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

We are not under law...

Romans 6:14 "... ye are not under the law, but under grace."

What does 'under' mean?

It definitely doesn't mean it no longer applies

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Referring to the moral law there

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Non of the texts from Revelation you quoted say anything about a Sabbath test.

Also consider the two texts you quoted here...

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus

Q: Who wrote Revelation?
A: John

Q: How does John define 'commandments of God' in his epistles?
A:

1 John 3:21-23 "Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. 22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment."

So the commandments that the saints 'keep' to gain access to the tree of life...
...are not the Ten Commandments...
...but the two commands to believe in the name of His Son and love one another.

Believe the Gospel JG ... to do otherwise is to have the Mark of Beasts.
edit on 5/7/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

but the two commands to believe in the name of His Son and love one another.

Those were not the two my friend...

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Here comes the Jesus was God arguement

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
reply to post by Akragon

agreed....but heaps of people think here that if it is not explicitly mentioned then it doesn't apply, particularly the 4th commandment so you have 98-99% of Christianity not following this commandment

Christ's 2 commands ARE explicitly mentioned though. Love God, love people. The entire law and prophets hang on those two commands.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

heres a decent list of prohibited activities...
Sounds like a good list to me.

No traveling outside of your home is one...
That was probably to do with collecting manna. Not going out to collect any, not necessarily to be meant to forever never go outside.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

that seems like a rather large assumption...

Do you keep the 4th?

Hope you don't mind if i assume here, but i would assume you don't... at least not according to the OT...

Ask yourself this...

What day isn't "Gods day"?

Or better yet, one day we try really hard to be holy and the other 6 days we can slack a little bit?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

The Saturday/Sabbath you think you are keeping is an invention of Julius Caesar about 48 BC...
...who changed times and the law. (Dan 7:25)

Are you now calling Julius Caesar the Little Horn power that rules for 1260 years

Gregorian calendar from Pope....

Laws changed...erased the commandment for Idol Worship (split 10th commandment into 2 so that it still adds up to 10), changed the day of worship to the 'Holy' Sunday

Daniel 7:24, "And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings."

Hmmm, this description doesn't fit Julius Caesar either....best have a rethink of that one
----

I would like to hear your explanation why the weekly Sabbath is to be kept in the New Heaven and on the New Earth????

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by Akragon

agreed....but heaps of people think here that if it is not explicitly mentioned then it doesn't apply, particularly the 4th commandment so you have 98-99% of Christianity not following this commandment

Christ's 2 commands ARE explicitly mentioned though. Love God, love people. The entire law and prophets hang on those two commands.

Yes, and to 'love God' is keeping commandments One, Two, Three and Four (they all point out how we should love God)

'Love people' is keeping commandments Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine and Ten
edit on 5-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

that seems like a rather large assumption...

Do you keep the 4th?

Hope you don't mind if i assume here, but i would assume you don't... at least not according to the OT...

Ask yourself this...

What day isn't "Gods day"?

Or better yet, one day we try really hard to be holy and the other 6 days we can slack a little bit?

That is your choice i suppose...

I don't have a day of rest... I rest when needed, one day is no different then the rest...

I was tempted to get a little snarky for a minute...

Perhaps i need another beer

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Yes, and to 'love God' is keeping commandments One, Two, Three and Four (they all point out how we should love God)

'Love people' is keeping commandments Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine and Ten
edit on 5-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

We're Gentiles ever a party to the first covenant in Exodus 20?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'll join ya.. too many ordinance keepers around here.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

BAHAHA!!!

You guys are crackin me up tonight!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Really? The weekly Sabbath will be kept on the new Earth? Please explain how that will happen without a Sun or moon. The Sabbath was a day to rest and a prophetic picture of the New Covenant. We now worship the Lord in spirit and truth 7 days a week and keep every day holy and not just one. Paul told you not to judge others but you always insist on doing just that.

edit on 5-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

BAHAHA!!!

edit on 5-7]

Paul says the believer trying to keep ordinances is the one who is "weaker" in the faith than the one who understands their freedom in Christ. extra DIV

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Are you judging/making fun out of me how I keep my Sabbath or what I do with the rest of my life when you don't even know me?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

BAHAHA!!!

edit on 5-7]

Paul says the believer trying to keep ordinances is the one who is "weaker" in the faith than the one who understands their freedom in Christ.

Paul needs a slap...

Who is he to judge...

extra DIV

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join