It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ keeps us saved forever

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

There is no man really, all is God, but God likes to play hide and seek, it's his game.

How did you come to this ^ conclusion? I don’t understand, please explain.

You have to sacrifice yourself as a person to be saved, you can't expect someone else to save you, especially someone who is said to have lived 2000 years ago.

The above^ quote is nonsense, who do you think Jesus is, a dead flesh blood man? And did He not live 2000 years ago?

Jesus did not write the bible. Jesus was against all authority.

Is not Jesus not also God
Was he not before Abraham?
Is not The Lord our God, Jesus the son and the Holy Spirit ONE?
What is the Word?
Who wrote the Word of God / Bible?
I am not wanting an argument just some clarification from you please.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by troubleshooter

Ok.

Actually you are not mad if you talk to yourself...
...you are only mad if you listen.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Talking happens, i am not doing it. It is all being done.
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Right there I think you just hit a higher plane of consciousness.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Right through the line of dispair into a fantasy.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

I think that's where Enoch is.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns
reply to post by Itisnowagain

There is no man really, all is God, but God likes to play hide and seek, it's his game.

How did you come to this ^ conclusion? I don’t understand, please explain.

You have to sacrifice yourself as a person to be saved, you can't expect someone else to save you, especially someone who is said to have lived 2000 years ago.

The above^ quote is nonsense, who do you think Jesus is, a dead flesh blood man? And did He not live 2000 years ago?

Jesus did not write the bible. Jesus was against all authority.

Is not Jesus not also God
Was he not before Abraham?
Is not The Lord our God, Jesus the son and the Holy Spirit ONE?
What is the Word?
Who wrote the Word of God / Bible?
I am not wanting an argument just some clarification from you please.

Jesus was a man who realized that he was God.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Jesus was the eternal Son of God who added humanity to His pre-existent Divinity.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I think that's where Enoch is.

Actually this was a reference to 'Escape from Reason' a book by Francis Schaeffer...
...he traces the historical evolution of modern materialist thinking from Aquinas to the present.

Modern man has painting himself into a corner...
...through his reason he has himself become meaningless...
...and retreats into nonrational fantasy to fill the void.

It is a good read.
edit on 9/7/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Have to check that out. Speaking of apologists, do you like Ravi Zacharias?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Have to check that out. Speaking of apologists, do you like Ravi Zacharias?

I don't have much time for any apologists really...
...apologetics seems the reverse of faith to me...
...apologetics won't really convince a non-believer and believers really don't need them.

Having said that I do like the scholarship and historic approach of N.T.Wright...
...but then he is a theologian/historian and not really an apologist.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Ahhh, but that's where Ravi comes into play. Level 1 apologetics (philosophy) wont change anyone's mind. But Ravi explains his position in level 2 and applies it at level 3. Outstanding apologist.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Ahhh, but that's where Ravi comes into play. Level 1 apologetics (philosophy) wont change anyone's mind. But Ravi explains his position in level 2 and applies it at level 3. Outstanding apologist.

I just reviewed a couple of YouTube clips of him ... I liked his Christ centred approach...
...I will dump a few more more on my iPhone and review him more thoroughly...
...thanks for the heads-up!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I just reviewed a couple of YouTube clips of him ... I liked his Christ centred approach...
...I will dump a few more more on my iPhone and review him more thoroughly...
...thanks for the heads-up!

Amen! I really recommend his "why I am not an Atheist". It's basically a rebuttal to Bertrand Russell.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

There is loads of support for the luni-solar determination of Sabbath days in Israel...

There is also a whole lot of propaganda you have just run head long into....Your propaganda fully EXPOSED
www.youtube.com...

You make the most outrageous statements mate that I know you have no biblical support for.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Best to learn the difference in meaning between what a 'covenant' is and a 'commandment'....ridiculous rationalizations

edit on 14-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic

There is loads of support for the luni-solar determination of Sabbath days in Israel...

There is also a whole lot of propaganda you have just run head long into....Your propaganda fully EXPOSED

I thoroughly examined the lunar calendar issue before the source you cite did...
...I examine similar data but have very different conclusions...
...you can review a sample of some of the things I found here...
forums.carm.org...

You make the most outrageous statements mate that I know you have no biblical support for.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Best to learn the difference in meaning between what a 'covenant' is and a 'commandment'....ridiculous rationalizations

The following scriptures clearly make the destinction...
...the old covenant under Moses was the ten commandments...

Exodus 34:28 "And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments."

Deuteronomy 4:13 "And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone."

...this is the same 'old covenant' the writer of Hebrews said was ready to vanish away in the first century...

Hebrews 8:13 - 9:1 "In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

So unless you undertand the difference between the function of a covenant and the role of commandments you will not be able to explain how a covenant can vanish away and what role the commandments have now.

edit on 15/7/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So unless you undertand the difference between the function of a covenant and the role of commandments you will not be able to explain how a covenant can vanish away and what role the commandments have now.
The Ten Commandments are not the same thing as the covenant.
What is the covenant?
It's in Exodus 19

Moses went up to God, and the Lord called to him from the mountain, “Thus you will tell the house of Jacob, and declare to the people of Israel: ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt and how I lifted you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. And now, if you will diligently listen to me and keep my covenant, then you will be my special possession out of all the nations, for all the earth is mine, and you will be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you will speak to the Israelites.”

Moses went up on the mountain, the Lord telling him that He would give him tablets containing the teachings for the people, and in chapters 21, 22, and 23, it describes instructions on building the tabernacle and its furnishings, and the dress and behavior of the priests.
That was the old covenant, where the Book of Hebrews in the New Testament describes a new covenant where Jesus is a superior priest in the original temple in heaven that the earthly tabernacle was a copy of.
edit on 15-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

The Ten Commandments are not the same thing as the covenant.
What is the covenant?
It's in Exodus 19

Moses went up to God, and the Lord called to him from the mountain, “Thus you will tell the house of Jacob, and declare to the people of Israel: ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt and how I lifted you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. And now, if you will diligently listen to me and keep my covenant, then you will be my special possession out of all the nations, for all the earth is mine, and you will be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you will speak to the Israelites.”

Moses went up on the mountain, the Lord telling him that He would give him tablets containing the teachings for the people, and in chapters 21, 22, and 23, it describes instructions on building the tabernacle and its furnishings, and the dress and behavior of the priests.
That was the old covenant, where the Book of Hebrews in the New Testament describes a new covenant where Jesus is a superior priest in the original temple in heaven that the earthly tabernacle was a copy of.
edit on 15-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

So are you saying the Ten Commandments and the Covenant are actually the same thing?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

No, I'm saying the covenant is "you will be to me a kingdom of priests".

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Religion is so many words in a book, written by those more interested in making a mystery than speaking of the universe natural order.

There isn't any god in the sense of these Bible mystery makers, only natures way of the universe that pays no attention to humans, which were suppose to listen and respect nature, but don't.

Such lack of respect for nature by those that make up grand tales being the Earth the problems of Climate Change from Freon. Ozone Holes, Damage to Ocean cloud making Biota, and upsetting the cloud making balance for water vapor to aerosols.

Such indifference to nature by those following so many words in a book with games to promote mystery, bring great harm to all.

So, shall they be termed Christians that are totally lost on the issues of benevolence and stewardship for nature and respect for good stewardship of nature's ways.

You are not saved from wrong ideas, greed by those intent on made up mystery, nor yourselves due to lower intelligence with each tick of the clock. Rush headlong into the 3rd war and find you won't be saved, won't find eternal life, and become a speck of dust in the roadmap of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join