It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Jesus Christ keeps us saved forever

page: 14
4
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by troubleshooter
 


The you you think you are is just an appearance but the appearance is changing, the seer and knower of the appearance never changes and is eternal. Find the seer within.

Your idea began with Homer and was later refined by Plato...
...but the older Judeo/Christian view is that man is body, soul and spirit.

The body is the physical entity we bath, feed and move around in.
The soul is the conscious, thinking, emotional being.
The spirit is that part that was designed to be in union with the divine.

At the resurrection the three parts of man are recombined as a new transphysical being.




posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by troubleshooter
 


The you you think you are is just an appearance but the appearance is changing, the seer and knower of the appearance never changes and is eternal. Find the seer within.

Your idea began with Homer and was later refined by Plato...
...but the older Judeo/Christian view is that man is body, soul and spirit.

The body is the physical entity we bath, feed and move around in.
The soul is the conscious, thinking, emotional being.
The spirit is that part that was designed to be in union with the divine.

At the resurrection the three parts of man are recombined as a new transphysical being.


The first part of your post here is a lie and is realized when the truth is seen (second part of your post).
It is believed that you have to do bathing, feeding and moving. You actually do nothing because there is no you separate to life. Life is happening, you are happening.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Alot on my mind, I was ment to type SIN is the cause of DEATH.

Thanks to those who were kind enough to correct me. I have corrected.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


The Christian religion is not going to help you find the way home. Religion has been adapted to keep you a slave, whereas Jesus came to free the slaves.
When you have found your way home the scriptures can be seen through, it is there but has been misinterpreted.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


The Christian religion is not going to help you find the way home. Religion has been adapted to keep you a slave, whereas Jesus came to free the slaves.

Jesus was opposed to religion ... the only hard things He said were to religionists.

I am not religious.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter
 


"Your idea began with Homer and was later refined by Plato...
...but the older Judeo/Christian view is that man is body, soul and spirit."

I was answering this because it seemed to me that you were saying Christians know what is what. Religion is not Jesus Christ, Jesus was not a Christian.

Christians are trying to copy Jesus, they worship the man!!! Instead they should find out about consciousness which is what Jesus was pointing to.
Don't try to 'be' like anyone else (have no authority above me), just be. Find out what you really are and be that.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by troubleshooter
 


"Your idea began with Homer and was later refined by Plato...
...but the older Judeo/Christian view is that man is body, soul and spirit."


I was answering this because it seemed to me that you were saying Christians know what is what. Religion is not Jesus Christ, Jesus was not a Christian.

Paul was called a Christian and Peter called himself a Christian...
...the followers of Jesus were first called Christians in Antioch.

Now I am not saying everyone that calls themselves Christian now is actually Christian...
...a true Christian is a 'new creature', a union of spirit and Spirit.


Christians are trying to copy Jesus, they worship the man!!! Instead they should find out about consciousness which is what Jesus was pointing to.

Christians are not 'trying to copy Jesus...
...the spirit of true Christians is united to the Spirit of Jesus...
...that is, there is an ontological bond between the spirit of a Christian and the Holy Spirit...
...this is how humans were meant to be in the beginning but the union was lost through sin.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter
 


You have never been separate from God, you just believe you are.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter
 


There is nothing separate to anything. It is one and it is all God.
Only your belief in you in time creates the illusion that there other than this. This right here and right now is all there is and you cannot separate yourself from this.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by troubleshooter
 


You have never been separate from God, you just believe you are.

True in a way ... sin is the separation that disrupts the one on one spiritual expression.

What most don't understand is that there is both union and distinction or there is not relationship.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter
 


"this is how humans were meant to be in the beginning but the union was lost through sin."

The only sin man made was to believe he was separate from God, he believes this because of his knowledge of time and other, there is no time and there is no other.
One not two.
'This' - there is only 'this. What 'this' is we cannot say, it is non conceptual (some call it God).
There is nothing outside of 'this'.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by troubleshooter
 


There is nothing separate to anything. It is one and it is all God.

That is called Pantheism and it is error...
...it has a close cousin called Panentheism which is also an error.

God is God He made man outside of Himself so there can be relationship...
...the human problem is a disconnect...
...and the answer is not that all is God or that God is in all.


Only your belief in you in time creates the illusion that there other than this. This right here and right now is all there is and you cannot separate yourself from this.

I am not separated at all.
My spirit is in union with the Spirit and I am complete in this relationship.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter
 


No God did not make man outside himself. It is man who put God outside himself. Man just believes this which results in man being delusional and when delusional life hurts. Only the truth shall set you free.
There is no man really, all is God, but God likes to play hide and seek, it's his game.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Yeshua said "It is finished"

It either is or it isn't...

I would listen to Him before any of YOU..

Once saved always saved...

If it was not that way then His sacrifice was for nothing and you are saying His blood has no effect..

He did it once and will not do it again..



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by troubleshooter
 


No God did not make man outside himself. Man just believes this which results in man being delusional and when delusional life hurts. Only the truth shall set you free.
There is no man really, all is God, but God likes to play hide and seek, it's his game.

I have soul rest ...my life does not hurt.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter
 


If you believe it is 'your life' it is heavy.
Come to this moment and lose yourself and be eternally light.
Die to the false self and be what you are.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by troubleshooter
 


If you believe it is 'your life' it is heavy.
Come to this moment and lose yourself and be eternally light.
Die to the false self and be what you are.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I will leave you to you illusion...
...besides if all is god then by arguing with me you are just arguing with yourself really eh?
edit on 9/7/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB
 


You have to sacrifice yourself as a person to be saved, you can't expect someone else to save you, especially someone who is said to have lived 2000 years ago.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by troubleshooter
 


"this is how humans were meant to be in the beginning but the union was lost through sin."

The only sin man made was to believe he was separate from God, he believes this because of his knowledge of time and other, there is no time and there is no other.
One not two.
'This' - there is only 'this. What 'this' is we cannot say, it is non conceptual (some call it God).
There is nothing outside of 'this'.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


Yay 4 pantheism!


Completely unbiblical.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

Pantheism?? Humans love labels.
Jesus did not write the bible. Jesus was against all authority.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
4
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join