It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ keeps us saved forever

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Why is it so hard for many to just except The Lord Jesus loves us and wants us to except Him as our Lord and saviour. King of Kings, Lord of Lords, I don't get, it's so so simple.

Admit we are sinners, ask for forgiveness, repent and love one another as Jesus loves us.
edit on 6-7-2012 by fireyaguns because: reply was to another

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Thanks for the question. You only gave me two choices and neither are right.

The answer is by excepting that our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ shed his blood on the cross for our sins, to repent and to except Him as our Lord and saviour. It is very simple.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
While the OSAS crowd are giving gentle pats on people's head (and words of hot air), I'll be out there getting my sister, other family and friends from school who I would consider once 'saved' but are now far from God and lost, back into His kingdom.....by actually DOING something

edit on 6-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
While the OSAS crowd are giving gentle pats on people's head (and words of hot air), I'll be out there getting my sister, other family and friends from school who I would consider once 'saved' but are now far from God and lost, back into His kingdom.....by actually DOING something

Who appointed you a judge of them JG?
How do you know who is far from the heart of God?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by fireyaguns

So, I have a couple of questions.....

How EXACTLY is our salvation retained? By what we do or by our relationship?

I have a question.. how many of your sins were yet future when Christ hung on the cross?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by fireyaguns

So, I have a couple of questions.....

How EXACTLY is our salvation retained? By what we do or by our relationship?

"...the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from evil." 2 Thess 3:3

Philippians 2:13 is quite relevant here as well brother.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns

Why is it so hard for many to just except The Lord Jesus loves us and wants us to except Him as our Lord and saviour. King of Kings, Lord of Lords, I don't get, it's so so simple.

Admit we are sinners, ask for forgiveness, repent and love one another as Jesus loves us.
edit on 6-7-2012 by fireyaguns because: reply was to another

Because that way is not "the way that seemeth right to a man"... (religion by works). It's humanism, the desire to be responsible for our salvation instead of trusting completely in Him.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Absurd attack. We still evangelize just as much as you do. But if believers are backslidden don't freak out, Christ is still the perfector of their faiths. That's what the word says no? That He is just the Author only or also the Perfector? Does the Word still say that He who began a good work in us will see it to the end? Does the word still say that all that the Father had given to Him would come to Him? Does it still say that all who come to Him and call upon His Name that He would in no wise cast out?

I mean seriously, do we trust what He proclaimed or not? Dear Lord how this humanism pervades our society.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Who appointed you a judge of them JG?
How do you know who is far from the heart of God?

I'd imagine he'd judge me far from God if he saw me in the supermarket with my tattoos.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

they don't know who God is and they are just messed up

1 John 2:3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands

OY VEY. If you people think God is going to send people to hell .. people who love Him the best way they know how ... people who follow what they have interpreted God's will to be ... if you think He's going to send them to hell simply because their main day of worship is on Sunday instead of Saturday .. then there is something seriously wrong with your view of a loving God.

Official Statements from the your Roman Catholic Church FlyersFan:

:shk: You people really need to knock it off. It isn't 'my' Roman Catholic Church. I've said it before and apparently I have to say it again .. I was RAISED Catholic. My beliefs at this point are not in the Roman Catholic Box, but instead incorporate many different aspects of many different religious beliefs.

If Adventist's 'are just messed up'...they why does your Roman Catholic Church say they are the only ones upholding the Bible as their teacher:

1 - It's not 'my' Catholic Church. Get off that broken record.
2 - Seventh Day Adventists ARE messed up. They are legalistic and judgemental .. thinking their interpretation is the only possible correct interpretation of Gods Will.
3 - The reason the Roman Catholic Church says they are the only ones who are correct is because most every group on the planet thinks that way ... Catholic, Baptists, Muslim, Hindu, Amish, etc etc and yes .. Seventh Day Adventist. If those groups didnt' think they were 'The ones' then they wouldn't be a group anymore. Most religions on the planet are equally guilty of thinking they are the remnant true faith. It's absurd.

edit on 7/6/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
As I said .. 'Once Saved Always Saved' ... doctrine of demons .
Obviously it can be lost or thrown away ...

- Philippians 2:12, Paul exhorted us to "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."
- Romans 13:11 "our salvation is nearer than when we first believed" (Rom. 13:11; cf. 1 Cor. 3:15; 5:5).
- Jesus himself tells us, "He who endures to the end will be saved" (Matt. 24:13; cf. 25:31–46).
- Jesus - ‘Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord" shall enter the kingdom of heaven’ (Matt. 7:21)
- Jesus - there are those who "believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away" (Luke 8:13)
- Paul - "I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby justified. It is the Lord who judges me" (1 Cor. 4:4).
- Paul said "See then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off" (Rom. 11:22; see also Heb. 10:26–29, 2 Pet. 2:20–21)

Once Saved Always Saved?

In the case of John 10:28, Jesus says that no one will be able to take us away from God. The language is similar to Paul’s in Romans 8:39 when he says that nothing in creation will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus. Both of these passages address the same fact that no one is capable of removing you from the grace of God. No one is capable of nullifying your salvation. It would be like saying that no one is capable of pulling you out of a car driving at eighty miles per hour. This does not mean that you are incapable of opening the door and jumping out. In the same way, John 10:28 does not mean that we are incapable of severing our relationship with God. Read on in John, and you’ll see why.

Five chapters later in John’s Gospel, Christ tells the apostles at the Last Supper to remain in his love. He adds that if we keep his commandments we will remain in his love. But he who does not remain in his love is "cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned" (John 15:6). Now, if salvation were a done deal, why would Jesus feel the need to tell anyone to remain in his love? It would be like locking a person in a closet and telling them to remain there. If they are unable to leave, it is senseless to ask them to remain.

Jesus told his disciples to remain in his love because just as we enter freely into a relationship with Christ, we are free to leave him. Scripture is overflowing with examples of this. In Romans 11:22, Paul says, "Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off." In Galatians 5:4, Paul says, "You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace." This verse implies that they were united with Christ and in grace before they fell. In 1 Corinthians 9:27, Paul again warns the Christians against being overconfident: "I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified." This is not the language of "once saved always saved."

The common response to the false statement 'once saved always saved' -

As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:18, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13).

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Ok so you are a SADventist then.

Listen Jmdewey you can not have personal piety until you first know that you are right with God and have union with the Spirit. It is only from this well-spring that any correct behaviour can come. You must first know the Spirit to produce the fruit of the Spirit.

If you are trying to do it in reverse you have already failed.

To focus in on the part, "You must first know the Spirit to produce the fruit of the Spirit.", this is where the part from the Ephesians text you quoted earlier ". . . it is the gift of God—" comes into play, that the door to salvation is opened to us if we were to enter.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

v,13 is also very important
Philippians 2:12-13
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The word christ was not the surname of Jesus.
The word christ and the symbol of the cross point to something, it is this message that Jesus spoke about. Consciousness. Christ is right here and right now. If you come to this moment and stop believing in the stories the mind is non stop chattering about you will be saved. You will be liberated from yourself. Instead of having to listen and fight and hide from this fearful person in your head you will see and hear Gods creation.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

No one said it was His surname. Christ means "anointed". Iit's the Greek way of saying the Hebrew "Moshiyach". (Messiah)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I have just read this on wiki to see what 'anointed' means. I found it very ineresting and thought it was worth copying.

According to the New Testament, Jesus of Nazareth is this Anointed One, the Messiah (John 1:41; Acts 9:22; 17:2-3; 18:5, 18:28). The kings of the Old Testament were anointed with oil and only afterwards did they receive Power through the Holy Spirit that came upon them. Jesus on the other hand, was anointed because the Holy Spirit had come upon Him (Acts 10:38). Jesus was anointed with Power itself. God was pleased that Jesus should be His Son (Matthew 3:16) and Jesus was the anointed of God. So we can differentiate between the kind of power that the kings of Israel and the kind of Power that Jesus (The King of Israel) had – the difference is that the kings were anointed of a human high priest but The King was anointed of God Himself.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

We know this man. Also look at the anointing of Aaron. Point being, Christ isn't a surname and I've never met a believer who thought so. You also need to consider that when the personal pronoun "hu" (the) is used before the term "Christos" (Christ) it signifies a special one, different from all others/unique.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

edit on 6-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

He loses no one. The only person he ever lost was Judas Iscariot and that was so that the prophecy could be fulfilled.

John 6:37-40

37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

John 17:9-12

9 “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. 11 Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. 12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

John 17 happens before his arrest at Gathsemane. Don't you get it yet? He hadn't even been crucified yet, but the only one he had lost was the son of perdition Judas Iscariot. None the Father has given him has he lost except the son of perdition, if you believe in him and come to him you are his.

You cannot remove yourself from his hand, nothing you do can take you from him, you can fight and you can struggle all you want but in the end he will bring you back and i am proof of it. There is nothing in this world for us but emptiness and death.

John 10:22-30

22 Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon’s porch. 24 Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

We hear his voice calling and he knows us by name, if we are lost he will call us and he will find us, wherever we go, whatever we do, we are never lost to him because we hear his voice calling. I went to church as a kid, and i did believe but my dad caused me to stumble and i fell for 14 years, but i heard his voice and he called me back. He will not let you go for anything once you are his, it's a done deal.

edit on 6-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Game Over!

Hebrews 10:26-39

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Just Live by Faith

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32 But recall the former days in which, after you were illuminated, you endured a great struggle with sufferings: 33 partly while you were made a spectacle both by reproaches and tribulations, and partly while you became companions of those who were so treated; 34 for you had compassion on me in my chains, and joyfully accepted the plundering of your goods, knowing that you have a better and an enduring possession for yourselves in heaven. 35 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:

37 “For yet a little while,
And He who is coming will come and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him
.”

39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.

Best just to read all of Hebrews chapter 10

Hebrews 12:3-8

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Discipline of God

3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. 4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin. 5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:

“My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,
Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”

7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join