It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacked by monster rain...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well not quite but you need a catchy headline to get people on here to even bother reading your posts. Having said that, it is a story I still can't explain and it is certainly different from anything I have ever heard. Maybe someone can shed some light on this.
If you do, could I ask please that you read all of the post and not just jump to conclusions that I have heard many times and which are not applicable?
Thanks.

So here is the story:

This happened when we lived in a small village called Wyboston, which is cut in two halves by the A1. In order to get to our road from which was southbound when
you travel northbound, you have to come off [left- we are in the UK] and follow the road over the flyover bridge, the come off again to join the southbound side.

It was about 18:30h [6:30 p.m] and I came home from work. It was the middle of summer and had been a very hot day with absolutely no clouds whatsoever. The sky was completely blue.
I had my window open and came up on the flyover, when I saw a car in front of me [about 30 meters ahead] putting on their windscreen wipers like mad.
My thoughts at the time were: "It would be a good idea if I cleaned my screen as well", because I thought that was what they were doing.
At that point I could see nothing at all out of the ordinary.

However when I reached the spot they had used their wipers, it suddenly began to pelt down with rain.
Now let me go into detail here, it wasn't so much rain as a Monsoon. It was chucking down buckets and buckets of water, so much that there were no individual rain drops any longer but just a wall of water. When I put my wipers on, I had them on very fast and they still couldn't cope with the amount.

As soon as I did this, it stopped. It was so amazingly weird, that I checked my back mirror and stopped the car at the further end of the flyover in order to look back and around.
When I looked back I did not see any water in the sky but I did see a distinct area being completely wet. See picture:

I looked up to see if there were any planes but there were none [and remember the sky was absolutely clear and I could see for miles.
Then I looked if I could see any sprinklers anywhere on the greens around but there were none.
At the time, there were no trees on any of the green bits you see on the images and anyway, nobody wastes water on the weedy greens anyway. Also none of the buildings you see existed, there were fields with cows on.

Puzzled I drove home. One thing that I am glad about is that somewhere someone had the same experience, the driver ahead of me. He was driving a silver hatchback, possibly a Ford. So I know that this happened exactly as I remember.

What the heck was this?

Here is what it wasn't:
- Plane
- Water sprinkler
- Cloud

When you have an idea, please remember these points:
- It wasn't just rain or water, it was probably the worst rain I have ever encountered, as if someone poured buckets and buckets over my windscreen.
- It was contained in an exact rectangle. You could see the sharp edges on either side.
- No water was visible in the air, not before and not after.

I'll be interested in any good explanations.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Just the way the weather works. I used to live in a very small village in the Selby coalfield area (near to York). Typically small village with tiny roads. My best friend used to live opposite me (bedroom opposite mine). The roads were so quite, the village so small and it being very rural, you could actually talk to each other normally across the street (no need to raise voices). Obviously, we used to do this regularly.

On at least 2 occasions in over 10 years living there it belted down with rain on my friends side of the road, whilst it remained dry on mine. The border was actually down the middle of the white lines in the road! (must confess though, walking through the village afterwards, this was only at our end of the village, the other was soaked everywhere!). I know this sounds quite far fetched but i absolutely swear it is the truth.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

It could also be a glitch in the matrix. Your story reminded me of this

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Thanks for that. I believe strongly that it is some sort of freak weather. However when it did that in your village, were there clouds above the place it was raining?

Could you see the rain?

There were no clouds anywhere above the place it was raining, nothing, nada, just full blown hot summers evening. With sunshine all around. It is this fact that makes me confused.

Also that the rain was completely invisible unless you were in it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

It could also be a glitch in the matrix. Your story reminded me of this

Haha, I forgot about that scene. Yeah, glitch in matrix actually makes the most logic sense as nothing can properly explain this.
Freak weather seems just a weak explanation but most people will go with that. I just want it explained exactly by a meteorologist. Otherwise a "glitch" it will be.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Another possibility is that there was a high pressure release of water from a tanker on the southbound carriageway of the A1. As it approached and passed under the bridge, a jet of water shot up into the air and would have come back down on top of the bridge. If the tanker was travelling slowly (stopping as it knew it had a leak) the water would have been coming back down onto the overpass for long enough for it to 'rain' on your car and the car in front. This would also explain the rectangular patter of the water on the road and the location in relation to the A1. By the time you got out of your car, the tanker would have gone past the bridge and enough pressure would have been released from it's tank to stop the water from jetting high enough for you to see it from where you were standing.

Even I'm surprised at what a good theory that is!
edit on 26-6-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

On one occasion there were clouds everywhere so i suppose that can be discounted........still weird though that it was exactly down the middle of the road!

On the other occasion there were no clouds anywhere but you could see the rain on the other side of the road.

Weather is very weird and we get loads all in the same day here in the UK - probably why we get so obsessed with it.

top topics

join