It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian msn accepts Fukashima catastrophe A possibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Australian media outlet the ABC aired a report on the program "7.30" detailing the current problems plaguing the Fukushima reactor 4 and the possibilities of catastrophie in the very near future. this is a first for any mainstream media that I can think of in my country

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I found it odd Australia took their entire Orange crop for the year...Thousands of tons....and dumped them in a pile on the edge of a field.

They said on the news it was because of Brazils ultra cheap oranges exported to Australia....

I didn't buy it.

The Fukushima Fallout may have destroyed the Aussies orange crop.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Surely the government would have taken some initiative and given out free oranges to the poor and needy, maybe even turn it all in to concentrated juice that could be exported for profits.

This does bring me in agreeance with you that there is definatly something wrong with those oranges, although I am sitting on the fence with regards to the reason at the moment.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Wow you serious?
why didnt they give them to the homeless?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I doubt that very much
www.theage.com.au...
I live in this area by the way, nothing I've seen so far would indicate radiation from Japan is making its way down to Victoria.
I spent most of last year working on an orange orchid, exports are where the moneys at, with the high Australian dollar I'm not surprised

ETA: entire orange crop is a massive exaggeration mate, 25,000 to 36,000 tonnes out of 155,000-tonne harvest
edit on 26-6-2012 by Takka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Because our government is really really stupid.

2nd line says the same as the first.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

Thanks for the find! S & F! I am glad a MSM is picking this up and reminding people what a dangerous situation we are all still in.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
people should watch that news cast. i can't imagine how this isn't going to get worse. and now they are going to have rolling blackouts every day?? the situation just isn't turning around for the better at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It is truly amazing how inept the damage team has been in this whole diaster... I fear the Japanese may truly have lost their homeland.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Knowing industry when it has a problem it cannot handle it claims it is safe to leave alone and puts any work off until next year.

These pools are a problem Tepco cannot handle, they have claimed they are safe and put removal of the spent rods off till next year ...... sometime.

The piece started with is their luck going to bet better. They have used up all their luck from the wind direction and the fact they are still able to live in Japan for the moment. They are pushing their luck and gamblers never come out winners.

S&F
edit on 1-7-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

On the Beach (1959 film)
en.wikipedia.org...(1959_film)

On the Beach (1959) is a post-apocalyptic drama film based on Nevil Shute's 1957 novel of the same name. The film features Gregory Peck (USS Sawfish captain, Commander Dwight Lionel Towers), Ava Gardner (Moira Davidson), Fred Astaire (scientist Julian Osborn) and Anthony Perkins (Royal Australian Navy lieutenant Peter Holmes). It was directed by Stanley Kramer, who won the 1960 BAFTA for best director. Ernest Gold won the 1960 Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture Score. It was remade as an Australian television film by Southern Star Productions in 2000.

The story is set in a future 1964, in the months following World War III. The conflict has devastated the northern hemisphere, polluting the atmosphere with nuclear fallout and killing all life. While the bombs were confined to the northern hemisphere, air currents are slowly carrying the fallout south. The only areas still habitable are in the far southern hemisphere, like Australia.
From Australia, survivors detect an incomprehensible Morse code signal from the United States in San Diego. With hope that someone is alive back home, the last American nuclear submarine, USS Sawfish, under Royal Australian Navy command, is ordered to sail north from Melbourne to try and make contact with the signal sender. The captain, Dwight Towers (Gregory Peck), leaves behind his good friend, the alcoholic Moira Davidson (Ava Gardner), despite his feelings of guilt about the death of his wife and children in Connecticut. Towers refuses to admit they are dead and continues to behave accordingly.
The Australian government arranges for its citizens to receive suicide pills and injections, so that they end things quickly before there is prolonged suffering from the coming radiation sickness.
en.wikipedia.org...(1959_film)

D'oh.

edit on 7/1/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

top topics

join