It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria rebel army 'on the offensive', BBC correspondent witnessed an attempted IED attack by Rebels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Sorry for that.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Ah, that explains A LOT..

A Serb with a chip on his shoulder....

Oh really eh? i am Croatian its pretty clear what your trying to do, i have been giving sources and you have been avoiding them, and claiming that i am serb while knowing nothing of my past in Bosnia, which i replied to you and how did you reply back with?

A Serb with a chip on his shoulder.

Did you even read the whole post i did?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I guess then you will be saying that the Muhajedins who are an Islamic terrorist group are also Freedom fighters?
before you reply to the video, watch it then reply.

link   

edit on 26-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

link   

Serb/Croat...Both had issues with the Bosnian Muslims, so it isn't surprising you take the stance you do. Not having a go, it actually helps me understand your position much better and I can see why you have the opinions you do.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Serb/Croat...Both had issues with the Bosnian Muslims, so it isn't surprising you take the stance you do. Not having a go, it actually helps me understand your position much better and I can see why you have the opinions you do.

And you also actually helps me understand your position pretty well, so in your view, Terrorists aren't terrorists but freedom loving freedom fighters.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Are you avoiding the video?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
And you also actually helps me understand your position pretty well, so in your view, Terrorists aren't terrorists but freedom loving freedom fighters.

Not at all..

I actually clarified how I would make the distinction.. There is a fundamental difference in tactics between a guerilla and terrorist.

Are you avoiding the video?

Nope, just at work so can't view video's... Well, I can view them but can't listen to them, so mean nothing to me, contextually.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I actually clarified how I would make the distinction.. There is a fundamental difference in tactics between a guerilla and terrorist.

Your still defending terrorists,and such as the KLA terrorists who have cuts the heads of innocent Serbian civilians and harvested there organs.

In Kosovo under the protection of NATO.

And not surprisingly as in Libya you are supporting the rebels in Syria, how ironic that you don't the support the opposition in Bahrain, whom there protesters are getting killed, arrested for just protesting the release of there medics.

Nope, just at work so can't view video's... Well, I can view them but can't listen to them, so mean nothing to me, contextually.

Funny isn't that the same thing you told me last year? how long are you going to use that excuse? when i showed you another video this is the same response i got.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Ah, so now the KLA are terrorists too? Despite the abuse and massacres the Serbs perpetrated on them and all non-Serb ethnic populations throughout the Balkans, you choose to label them as Terrorists....

I suppose it is true one mans freedom fighter and all that...

And no, there is a world of difference between Guerilla and Terrorist tactics. Guerillas will engage military targets, use hit and run etc. Terrorists attempt to use fear to effect change, usually by targeting civilians and other soft targets.

I would call the Taliban, for example, guerillas as they tend to target ISAF forces, but they do use terrorist tactics when car bombing markets and schools.

Two entirely different things.

Yes the KLA are/were terrorists. They are the Serbian version of La Raza. Abuse by Serbs?!? What planet are you from? Everyone knows the truth about Kosovo. That truth being that illegal aliens invaded a Serbian province. They then ran the real owners off by terror and intimidation. Milo sent police there to remiove the illegal aliens. Then the USA went ape**** and started killing people. Serbia was invaded by Albanians and when Serbia tried to do something about it the world went crazy and started blowing people up.

I said then that it was a horrible precedent. What happens if/when we get a real leader and he tries to remove the illegal scum infesting this country? Does that give Russia and China the right to bomb us?

Then, after the illegal war they go and kidnap poor Milo and try to charge him with war crimes. War crimes?! For protecting his country from illegal aliens? So the court was losing bad at his trial. He was going to win. Couldn't have that. No one is allowed to survive a war crime trial. They want to preserve their 100% conviction rate. So they killed Milo. Murdered an innocent man.

You think it was justified?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
someone please tell me what the hell has Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia got to do with the original thread? Is there something wrong with you people's eye sight?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I think it has to do with the Syrian terrorists going to the Albanian terrorists in Kosovo for help and advice. Then there are those deluded folks who think both the Albanians and Syrians were/are good guys. They're not. We were trying to show those deluded ones the error of their ways.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

And not surprisingly as in Libya you are supporting the rebels in Syria, how ironic that you don't the support the opposition in Bahrain, whom there protesters are getting killed, arrested for just protesting the release of there medics.

Actually, I am on record saying Bahrain should also have been supported by the West, but Saudi has their backs and there is bog all we can do about it.

Funny isn't that the same thing you told me last year? how long are you going to use that excuse? when i showed you another video this is the same response i got.

To be honest, I only ever log onto ATS when at work
. When at home, I have family bollocks keeping me busy and PC games when they have all gone to bed. I'll try to make a special effort tonight for you and have a look

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Get used to it, matey.

It always get's brought up in one of Agent's threads... Apparently because he is a Croat, so there is bad blood there.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Apparently Ookie's post got overlooked...

Here's why Bosnia, Croatia, Serbia and Kosovo got involved in a Syrian thread - because the rebels are trained in Kosovo

Here's the mainstream newswire Reuters for you -

Kosovo voices strong support for Syria opposition

By Louis Charbonneau
UNITED NATIONS | Mon May 14, 2012 7:24pm EDT

www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/14/us-syria-kosovo-idUSBRE84D1EI20120514

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Kosovo's Foreign Minister Enver Hoxhaj voiced strong support on Monday for Syria's opposition, saying his government had already established diplomatic contacts with Syrians fighting to oust President Bashar al-Assad.

Hoxhaj was responding to comments by Russian U.N. Ambassador Vitaly Churkin, who warned the U.N. Security Council that Kosovo should not be allowed to become a training center for rebels.

Speaking after a regular council meeting on Kosovo, a former province of Serbia, Hoxhaj made clear that Pristina was offering political support to the Syrian opposition, which is locked in a 14-month-old battle with forces loyal to Assad.

"We were among the first governments in Europe who was supporting the opposition in Libya and in other Arab countries last year, because we were fighting for the same aspirations, for the same values," he said.

(...)

edit on 26-6-2012 by wigmoez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If it's what I watched last night, then I definitely found it a little strange the way they were almost glamorising the rebels using IED's. Like they were some freedom fighting tool. Just a strange contrast as they are usually being described as the no.1 killer of NATO forces in Afghanistan. I guess IED's are good as long as they are not blowing up NATO troops.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Back in the 80's Ronald Reagen invited the Mujahadeen to the White House. Also known as the Taliban.

I always get a kick out of seeing that bit of dis-info posted.

Ronald Reagan left office at the end of 1988. The "Taliban" didn't form until 1994/95, but somehow Reagan get's the credit for helping a group that didn't exist at the time simply because one person at that meeting/photo op help form the Taliban years later.

Notice there is also a female [Far right] in the crowd [bad Ju-Ju] in the Taliban's twisted version of Islam.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join