It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria rebel army 'on the offensive', BBC correspondent witnessed an attempted IED attack by Rebels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Wait a min if there are restrictions in placed in Syria on journalists how did this BBC correspondent Ian? manged to bypass the restrictions and have gone and had spent two weeks with the rebels in the n Idlib province in northern Syria?
Source BBC

spent two weeks with the rebel forces in Idlib province in northern Syria, witnessing an attempted IED attack.

What is the mainstream news outlets trying to hide something? IED attacks are only used by terrorists while placing road side bombs to blow up any vehicles that they may counter.

So how could the correspondent get into Syria without any UN observers?

edit on 26-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You do ask some stupid questions, Agent, you really do..

How did they get in? Well, I watched the report myself in it's entirety last night. He went over the border, aided by the FSA.

In the report itself, the FSA commander tells the reporter why they are using IED's and how. They lure the Syrian Army out of Barracks by setting up checkpoints, then ambush the armoured column using IED's and RPG's.. They cannot hope to face them in a typical open engagement, so are using tried and tested guerilla tactics.

One wonders if you even watch half the stuff you post...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

You do ask some stupid questions, Agent, you really do..

Really stupid questions? stupid question like why are we helping Radical Islamists?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

We are not helping them. Using them is more like it.

Back in the 80's Ronald Reagen invited the Mujahadeen to the White House. Also known as the Taliban.

We treat them like toilet paper.
We use them when necessary. But after we are done with them we just flush them away.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

They cannot hope to face them in a typical open engagement, so are using tried and tested guerilla tactics.

guerrilla tactics? you mean more like terror tactics

Arms training or political inspiration: Why are Syrian rebels in Kosovo?

Seen that article yet? or are you just going to be replying how and why the rebels aren't displaying terrorist tactics.

How did they get in? Well, I watched the report myself in it's entirety last night. He went over the border, aided by the FSA.

I guess that proves just like in Bosnia it really does prove the mainstream news outlets are one sided.

One wonders if you even watch half the stuff you post...

I did otherwise if i didn't why would i post it?

From the article that i posted in this post.

But there does not appear to be any evidence that the Syrian rebels were actually training in Kosovo; rather, their leaders have stayed in a hotel in Pristina, the capital, and held numerous meetings with leaders of Kosovo and former fighters from the KLA. “We don’t engage in opening training camps for militants in Syria or anywhere,” deputy foreign minister Petrit Selimi told reporter Seyward Darby of the Balkan newsletter Transitions this week; rather, he described Kosovo as “a quiet meeting place away from the spotlight that comes with gathering in larger capitals such as Istanbul or Cairo.”

Ms. Darby, drawing on Kosovo government sources, notes that Kosovo has become something of an inspirational touchstone for anti-tyranny movements (Libya’s anti-Gadhafi fighters also spent time in Pristina last year):

Syrian opposition rebel fighters trained in Kosovo from former terrorists themselves the KLA, the KLA in Kosovo were experts in killing children,families and people who don't agree with them.

What if i asked a question? is it a crime now to be asking questions or debating it? because the last time i checked journalists were banned from entering and now they managed to sneak into Syria with the aid of the rebels, in order to film from there side.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Really stupid questions? stupid question like why are we helping Radical Islamists?

You didn't ask that in your OP...

You asked how did he get in... and Stu told you and if you had watched the video or read the article or just had a clue at all, you'd know how he and dozens of other journalists got/get in and are there, with the FSA filming and reporting on a daily basis.

Your OP is as stupid as the questions in it.... Stu is absolutely right on that.
edit on 26/6/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

other journalists got/get in and are there, with the FSA filming and reporting on a daily basis.

Which that is the problem we are always just hearing from perspective, just like they have done in Bosnia, and my mistake if i didn't mention the part that we are we helping radicals in my OP.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

The FSA Commanders have gone to great pains to distance themselves from Islamists, but they have warned that without outside help, they will turn to whoever is willing to offer help, in this case the Islamists. If they do end up being radicals, it is our own fault for leaving them no other recourse.

That said, Saudi, Qatar and other Arab states are now funding the FSA.

I am sure you said the same about Libya last year, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of an radical Islamic Government taking over there either.....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I knew you would be reply in supporting the rebels as always

I am sure you said the same about Libya last year, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of an radical Islamic Government taking over there either.....

The elections didnt start yet, due to the chaos in the west, did you heard? i guess not apparently.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The FSA Commanders have gone to great pains to distance themselves from Islamists, but they have warned that without outside help, they will turn to whoever is willing to offer help,

in this case the Islamists. If they do end up being radicals, it is our own fault for leaving them no other recourse. That said, Saudi, Qatar and other Arab states are now funding the FSA.

The FSA Commanders have gone to great pains to distance themselves from Islamists? no they haven't.

but they have warned that without outside help, they will turn to whoever is willing to offer help,

You actually buy that claim?
its like believing the fall of the Saddam statute was actaully real and not staged, or more rather the libyan rebels weren't and aren't terrorists, thats a lie is that how you would say it? and i am sure they have turned away the CIA arms to haven't they?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Ah, so now the KLA are terrorists too? Despite the abuse and massacres the Serbs perpetrated on them and all non-Serb ethnic populations throughout the Balkans, you choose to label them as Terrorists....

I suppose it is true one mans freedom fighter and all that...

And no, there is a world of difference between Guerilla and Terrorist tactics. Guerillas will engage military targets, use hit and run etc. Terrorists attempt to use fear to effect change, usually by targeting civilians and other soft targets.

I would call the Taliban, for example, guerillas as they tend to target ISAF forces, but they do use terrorist tactics when car bombing markets and schools.

Two entirely different things.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by blupblup

Which that is the problem we are always just hearing from perspective, just like they have done in Bosnia, and my mistake if i didn't mention the part that we are we helping radicals in my OP.

Indeed, sadly we only ever usually hear one side of it in these situations.
We prop these regimes up and then at the first sign of trouble we demonise them and show how bad they really are.

The west is truly hypocritical.

But.... that's not to say that Assad hasn't ordered some pretty nasty stuff to be carried out.

And then of course of the flip side of that, there are reports of rebels "clearing out" villages too.

Plus you've got old scores being settled between ethnic/religious groups and pretty much a full blown civil war on top of all of it.

And the west sits by and just watches.

Sadly, there's not a great deal we can do.

*sigh*
edit on 26/6/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Not at all, just saying it as I see's it, rather than your continued and predictable ranting against all things Western, calling Western media biased (which I am well aware of) and then trotting out obscure websites and Russia Today articles as if they have no bias whatsoever.

At least I can acknowledge bias and I am aware of it, you seem incapable of such a thing nor reasoned debate. I don't intend to get into a 20 page slugfest with you as I have more interesting things to do, like watching some paint dry

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

So i see that you have no problems of siding with terrorists? that's not surprising. Wanna see your KLA friends? and see there crimes?

Source

Ah creating Kosovo a pure Albanian state, no Serbs, no jews, no romas.
Kosovo drug mafia supply heroin to Europe

Serbs were protecting there own people from the terrorists KLA, which i may were also removed from the terrosit watch list after the war ended list.

Isn't that Ironic?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Also stumason have you seen this? i doubt that you care or did see it.

They haven't done this on just one occasion but they have done it of plenty of times before, these churches are historical.

And you know what the Albanians after they torched them down? they build a mosque.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Actions now have nothing to do with what was going on in the 1990's, although there is probably a fair amount of tension between ethnic groups, old scores etc. The fact of the matter is, the Serbs had a track record for being dicks, so it isn't surprising people got fed up with it and revolted. Anyhoo, it has bugger all to do with Syria.

Let me ask you this, if you lived in a state where you were oppressed and decided to protest, only to get shot at, what would you do? From your stance, you would presumably not take up arms and fight the oppressor. I know if someone was lobbing shells into my neighbourhood, I'd look to lob something back..

It is curious that the only time we see you on here is to have an anti-western rant and specifically nearly always about us supporting "terrorists". How then do you justify Russia's support of Assad in killing his own people? Or do you deny he has done anything wrong at all?

Anyway, back to the paint, I don't expect a reasoned or sensible reply, just more rhetoric, random videos and obscure links to dubious websites.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Ah, so now the KLA are terrorists too? Despite the abuse and massacres the Serbs perpetrated on them and all non-Serb ethnic populations throughout the Balkans, you choose to label them as Terrorists....

Stumason i am from Bosnia, the Serbs did not start the war in the Balkans, you have no idea what the actual war was like,funny that you don't seem to care about the Serb civilians guess in your mind, they don't count, because they are Serbs.

But in Bosnia the war it self it wasn't as your western mainstream news outlets proclaimed back then, SERBS are evil they did it.

No it wasn't like that.

Did you know stumason that if you were catholic and Christan that you would be killed on side by the Bosnian Muslim soldiers? who were enjoying the publicity of the attention by the mainstream news outlets?

My family member's grandmother was a catholic her grave resting place completely moved and trashed away from the cemetery.

My family member was devastated and heart broken and yet you claim that terrorists aren't terrorists, but loving freedom fighters?
Yeah i am sure if you were in combat zone in a war torn country you wouldn't been saying that.
My

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
And stop bloody spamming with "respected foe" additions.

You did it once, ages ago.There is no need to do it every freaking time I post a reply to a you

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Ah, that explains A LOT..

A Serb with a chip on his shoulder....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

In 6-8 months expect the Muslim Brotherhood to form a new Govt in Syria
edit on 26-6-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join