It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barclays Bank...no Child Benefit showing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
It could be nothing...but as regular as clockwork my Child Benefit hits my Barclays Bank account every 4 weeks on a Tuesday. I have a bill to pay today, which I would have paid out of my CB...it ain't there.
Another Bank not showing credits? Thought I should start a seperate thread to the NatWest/RBS one as this is a different bank.
Anyone else having Barclays credit issues?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Possibly the CB is paid out via RBS/Natwest so until they get their job scheduler back up and running and clear the backlog it may take some time(read days) as having worked with mainframes once things go wrong its like a house of cards and it takes a while to rebuild

bring back the book and trips to the post office

CX

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Have you rung Barclays to find out?

Probably better to do that than ask on a conspiracy forum lol.

CX.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Like I said in the other thread, I have a sneaking feeling that the Government banks with the RBS group (Natwest specifically)..

Your not the only one with Barclays reporting issues and some are even reporting Halifax as having trouble. Here is a magathread on a money forum detailing people's woes..

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I heard on the news this morning that banks will reimburse anyone who is affected by this so called IT outage. Additionally, anyone who receives a negative credit rating due to missed bill payment can also get the rating removed acc. to the Experian spokesperson.

Maybe you should contact the company yu have to pay the bill to and let them know the situation...

Best of luck,
squidbass

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
YES, HMRC DO USE NATWEST AS ONE OF THEIR BANKING PARTNERS, SPECIFICALLY IT SEEMS IN RELATION TO BENEFIT PAYMENTS, GIRO'S ETC

That would be why you haven't got your dosh. I would imagine my partner too is spitting feathers, but she hasn't phoned me to ask to use my credit card yet, so maybe she hasn't realised......

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Thank you all for your very quick responses.

So far...Barclays phone...no luck..."call back later".

Stu...I am totally with you on this one....Like I mentioned somewhere else...like the Spooks episode..Gov needs money to pay into Euro pot. Thanks for the link.

I have been saying since last year that something will give us a heads up on a Tuesday, something major will happen on the Thursday and we will all wake up on the Friday with the proverbial will have hit the fan...and that will be the start of it.....I really hope this is NOT the Tuesday I have been seeing.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Thanks again Stu. Yes I was aware that the HMRC payments come from Nat West....the 'contagion' is spreaading.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Makes me wonder if this is a warning to the politicians from the banks like keep out of our affairs or TSWHTF, what with the olympics around the corner utter civil chaos could be had circumstances permitting and being ATS and all that we all know that circumstances can be permitted.

I also find it intersting that the Cheque book has recently been phased out, remember the days when a cheque could be writteh with little or zero funds in an account which would tide people over until problems are resolved ?

Hm, how much interest are these banks making on other peoples money not beiung paid out ?

If a million customers have £100 delayed for a week that's £700 million worth of interest going somewhere
edit on 26-6-2012 by ChristianJihad because: add

Yet another afterthought, if the banks are low on funds and the regulators are insisting they increase theire assets, fractional reserve baking could do miracles with £700 MIllion.

Just a suspicious thought
edit on 26-6-2012 by ChristianJihad because: afterthought

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I chipped in on the other thread and see that you are now here.
Also, concerned about Barclays, this is what I said:

My daughter and I are with Barclays. So far, I've had no problems but in the past 8 weeks, she's had several problems using ATMs and paying for goods using her Debit card. She's on her third replacement card and this morning, the ATM declined this one too. She's just started a new job and needs her final Jobseeker's Allowance to see her through to pay day - what a nightmare.
Another couple of strange things that happened this morning. The tills had 'all gone down' in Morrisons early this morning and supervisors were processing card transactions manually. Just after this, I went into the Post Office and heard the assistant tell a customer to keep trying her card in the machine because the machine was 'playing up' at the moment.
Too many coincidences?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

The cheque book is still in operation - i see plenty of cheques everyday and the banks still honour them. I believe the idea was floated, touted around the media and then quietly dropped........

To Angelchemual,

I think Stu is right with this - the government uses Natwest / TSB / RBOS for its banking. Therefore any problems with these institutions will pass down the line. Can't say this for definite but it makes most sense. Trying to think what Bank was on the the top of my tax refund cheque!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by littlemo

Like I said in the other thread, it would be interesting to know "where" these stores were that had a failure of the debit card system...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

In Totnes, South Devon, between 8.30 and 9.00 this morning.
Do tell what you know............

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Stu - I answered you and you disappeared?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I take it the Government like the National Lottery, bank with RBS. So that could be the issue.

I received all my payments today for my business in my Barclays account.

Even though the RBS boss type person says that everything's working now ... That's just a load of silly talk ... He's just saying that to comfort people ... I'm sure it's still a bad thing going on ... I just feel for people who didn't have access to their own money for person stuff like food etc. Normally people around UK do their big shop on the Weekend and so far the Weekend was messed up by ... Once again ... The Banks

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by littlemo

Yeah, sorry..Went for a smoke!

There are more than a few faults out with Morrison stores at the moment with circuits being down, happens quite a bit and takes their card payments (among other things) off line.

Personally, I reset a card earlier which hit a few circuits and my IPD colleagues advise they are dealing with some issues pertaining to Morrisons.

The Post Office also uses our company for it's comms..

new topics

top topics

join