It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Advice, What's The Best & Worst On The Idiot Box These Days?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Big bang theory is great
Rules of engagement is also very good
How I met your mother is good
through the wormhole on the sci channel is good

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I've been giving The Cleveland Show a chance for a while, American Dad has disappointed.

"Night... Rangerr." xD

Ya I used to watch American Dad and enjoyed it, too. Can't watch it now, though. Reminds me too much of my EX (it was her show).

Omg, I can't believe I didn't mention:

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
The Colbert Report

And Conan can be entertaining, you just gotta know how to take him. He was a writer for the Simpsons for at least one season I think. Zany sense of humor, him.
edit on 26-6-2012 by BoyMeetsWorldATS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I gave The Cleveland Show a chance streaming on NetFlix & I liked it! To Mainidh, I freaking love Joffrey in the sense that I love to hate! That kid is a brilliant actor IMO & couldn't be a nicer fella in real life!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
Big bang theory is great
Rules of engagement is also very good
How I met your mother is good
through the wormhole on the sci channel is good

Big Bang annoys me...
Rules Of Engagement has David Spade... huge plus...
How I met Your Mother... I just don't get that show. The laugh tracks of show like that twist my spine into scoliosis contortions, I HATE laugh tracks. They've been overused and abused.

I'll have to check of that Wormhole show, I like sci-fi... but I hate the SyFy channel, Sharkticon and Squidapolus and Skeletonosaur type of original programing has neutered my imagination in recent years from them.

edit on 26-6-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I only watch News. Fox News, CNN. ABC, SKY News, Al Jazeera, BBC, Bloomberg.......

I also watch the propaganda filled 'History' Channel a bit too.

Know your enemy. Dont waste time.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

science channel not scifi channel

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Know your enemy. Dont waste time

Aye... I've endured Hannity, Beck, and O'Reilly just for that very reason.

I am no longer able to have children of my own because of them!

Save the Earth, Save A Life.... Stay away from those mainstream reptilian magicians!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Sounds like how I used to be.

I had to lighten up, eventually, and learn to pick my battles.
(so much fear mongering in the mainstream)
There's only so much I could handle before I realized that part of my problem was all of the mainstream lies, subliminal messaging, and opinion shaping that happens on the tube. Especially news channels like CNN and FOX.

sidenote: did you know that according to the basics of numerology, using the chart, you will find that the only letters in the alphabet that are represented by the number "6" are "F", "O", and "X". Even in that order! What's up with that? Give us a cool little sunglasses-wearing mascot during the early years of FOX then yank it away? Was the mascot just to get people to emotionally attach themselves to the network?

Let's get all cuddly with 666, I mean, FOX. (eye roll) ...

Remember, for as much news as you watch: "The revolution will not be televised".

edit on 26-6-2012 by BoyMeetsWorldATS because: mistakes

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Best: American Horror Story
/ Game of Thrones/ Spartacus/ Shameless/ Fringe/ Through the wormhole/ anthony bourdain no reservations/ Top Gear BBC/ I like most of the stuff on Hologen channel & IFC.

Worst: Off the top of my head.... Anything with a laugh track/ Wipeout/ just avoid reality tv for your own well being/ Golf/ Nascar (my own personal taste but I can't stand the last two)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
haha I have another one!

it's called, "Impractical Jokers" and it's the funniest show on TV right now.

You gotta stream this or find it somewhere, I think it's on the "Action" network.

Happy surfin'

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by strongerthandirt

You intrigued me with all of them, but no Wipeout??

It's an obvious idiot show, but it's such-a-fail for humanity, how can it not keep your attn?
I can't stop watching the fat & slow idiots try to be slightly athletic.
It's a statement for America.

I'm seeing a lot of the same shows mentioned. I think I will give some of them, a chance.
I've been mulling over Game Of Thrones, maybe I'll give it a chance.

I'm still scarred from the Sopranos. I can't endure another ending like that one.

edit on 26-6-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Most enjoyable for me is Family Guy.

Worst program on today, IMO.....
Bad Girls Club.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

My problem with wipeout is that it's a flawed game by design. (Yes I wasted time and looked into it) The whole point is to make the contestent fail on purpose so some one at home can have a good knee slap and laugh at people falling. If the games were designed to be "challenging" instead of impossible, then I wouldn't care I would throw it in with the deal or no deal type shows. Cracked.com covered it alot better then I could, but in a nut shell the game if flawed by design.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'd agree that Sons of Anarchy is ok, watchable compared to others. Four seasons in, it still has it's edge.
Continuum is the newest show that is worth watching.
I still like Eureka and Sanctuary, although they are both finished now...

Falling Skies is pretty good, season 1 was a bit slow to get going, but season 2 seems to be quite good so far.
Problem is, the TV networks seem to think we all just love reality shows... Ack.

Game of Thrones is OK, but personally all the foul language and nudity is kind of overdone, and really takes away from the story.
Other than that, I think scripted TV, decent scripted TV anyway, is on it's way out. Anything that is worth watching is usually canned after a season or beforehand.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The best is life outside the box.
The worst in caring about life inside the box.
You don't need it. Deep down you don't want it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Know your enemy. Dont waste time

Aye... I've endured Hannity, Beck, and O'Reilly just for that very reason.

I am no longer able to have children of my own because of them!

Save the Earth, Save A Life.... Stay away from those mainstream reptilian magicians!

I have read your posts and you seem like a good dude.

I listen to Jones a bit and have read a fair bit about Icke. I just wanted to say, I take an interest because they are the enemy too. I tend to be blunt and I am trying to be careful because like I said, you seem like a very good guy. In my humble opinion, Jones and Icke are your enemy. Dont trust them and keep stocked up on salt if you listen.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think that it's a good idea to get an Xbox, gold membership and Netflix. You could also get a cable to connect your laptop to your television and watch shows that way.

Lately I have been watching:
*Game of Thrones
*Once Upon a Time
*Trailer Park Boys

Trailer Park Boys is a Canadian show that is available on YouTube (which you can also stream from your Xbox), and I obtained Game of Thrones and Once Upon a Time online.

Shows I enjoyed last decade include:
*Stargate: Atlantis
*Heroes
*Battlestar Galactica
*Alias
*Aqua Teen Hunger Force
*Lost
*Red Dwarf

Good picks, by the way. Aqua Teen Hunger Force is one of my favorite shows.
edit on 26-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Trailer Park Boys!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It's mind numbing now.... can anyone suggest shows that won't lower my IQ anymore than it is?

No. but I can offer you a list of shows that I download and watch, some are probably repeats of yours and others:

drama type:

Walking dead
Falling skies
Game of thrones
Breaking Bad
Boardwalk empire
Weeds

comedy:
The Ricky Gervais Show
An idiot abroad
Futurama

Off the top of my head, these are shows are either still going or just about to end.

edit on 26-6-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I agree with many previous posters...Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, etc. Wanted to add a couple that I hadn't seen listed, that I like:

Shameless (US version)
Longmire - still deciding on this one...only a few episodes in
Hell on Wheels

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join