It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first post....can anyone tell me what this is?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hello ATS. I've been a long time lurker, but due to some recent experiences I've decided that it's now time to share some things with you guys.

For the past year or so I've witnessed strange activities in the sky. I live in Arizona near a very prominent military base and have kept a keen eye on all such activities. Besides an increase in military presence across the skies night after night, I've seen a lot of strange lights at night that I cannot attribute to any aircraft I know, as well as some of the creepiest very deep machine like noises I've ever heard that go across the sky but lack ANY lights with them whatsoever.

I experienced one of these noises the other night around midnight while sitting outside observing the sky. It was very loud and almost plane like, but deeper and grumblier that any plane I've ever heard before. It came from the west, seemed to hover directly above my neighborhood for about 30 seconds, and then shot away to the south. Absolutely no lights accompanied this noise, and looking in the sky I saw nothing. I actually felt a bit terrified by this sound. Has anyone else heard noises like this by chance?

I've contemplated this for awhile, and after doing so I remembered some very interesting pictures I took about a year ago during a monsoon. I was originally trying to capture a rainbow in the sky, but after looking at the pictures on my computer I noticed a strange dislike shape in the clouds. So....I decided to post it on here. Can anyone tell me what this is? (btw, the black thing in the picture is my thumb lol)

i274.photobucket.com...

I also inverted the image. It definitely doesn't look like the same color as the clouds.

img217.imageshack.us...

Here is another image that's a bit closer.

i274.photobucket.com...

Inverted as well.

img600.imageshack.us...

This one looks like it's changed shapes.

i274.photobucket.com...

Thanks!
edit on 26-6-2012 by FantastikNostalgik because: i can't figure out how to link images :[

edit on 26-6-2012 by FantastikNostalgik because: (no reason given)

***MOD EDIT***

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

You have posted what could be a very interesting topic in the "Introductions thread". This area is solely for introducing yourself (as you can see by browsing through other Introduction threads by new members). We apologize for this inconvenience, but its a necessity for a website as large as ours. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, you can then start your own threads in their appropriate areas.

Strict code's like this are in place to help keep the machine 'running smoothly'. One of these policies is that members need to post their thoughts in the appropriate areas. I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, start your own thread in one of the appropriate areas as we'd love to hear more on this subject you originally posted.

PLEASE REFER TO MY POST HERE
edit on 6/26/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FantastikNostalgik

I think you're going to have to try that again. That came across as too much of a thread starter and not a post.Your first post should just be saying hi, how are ya and this is what I'm about. That sort of thing. You're starting a discussion and you can't do that until the 10th or 20th post. Can't remember which.

Welcome aboard though. I'm kinda new too, though I've been reading here for quite some time now.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I dont want to jump the gun but this isnt from YPG in yuma is it? you mentioned az and military base also saw the mountain in the background that looks like you were close to the foothills .. . i could be wrong .. if im not .. yah they have lots of testing out there .

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I love your images, those look wild.

Could just be cloud formation from the rainbow and then the cloud dissipating.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

hmm... not really sure at all... and im not sure if you deleted them (most likely not) but the inverted pics were DELETED. hmmm... who's lookin at those pictures?! *cough cough feds*
Although im not sure what it is, i dont quite think its aliens... could be wrong. Or, it may not be a heavy mass object, but perhaps something to do with weather manipulation.

P.S. You also caught a "glowing cloud" the one's that are "electric blue" like. Nice!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Hi...welcome to ATS...just so you know...you have to have 20 posts before creating a thread...so this thread of yours will most likely be closed.

I think that perhaps...you may have been seeing...experimental aircraft being tested...by the military.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I did say hello, more like hello plus here's some cool pictures! :]

Ok I tried the inverted images on a different host site. See if you guys can see them now.

And no, I'm not in Yuma. Tucson actually by Davis Monthan, though you are right I am a bit north in the foothills.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
oh cool well az has some much fderal land that you have to believe that their testing all kinds of neat things ... also i read about a year ago that a base in az was going to beat a nasa testing site.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Looks like a lenticular cloud to me.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Thats a hell of a view...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Looks like the rainbow is bouncing off the light on that one cloud.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Ohhhh I believe they're testing lots of strange things out here in the desert. Some pretty weird things happen here on a regular basis lol

A lenticular cloud seems like a plausible explanation if the cloud I was photographing happened to be a lot bigger. This is definitely something smaller and in front of the clouds. Could be refracted light from the rainbow, but the saucer shape is what gets me. Also, in the inverted picture the shape in the sky is not the same color as the rainbow. Does anyone else find that a bit odd?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GnostiChristiaN

en.wikipedia.org...

Not in the slightest...

Welcome aboard! Cool pics and thanks for sharing. Maybe take them to the UFO forum for more attention, though i doubt their UFO - More than likely a very rare, stunning cloud formation. I'm sure somebody on ATS will know what we're lookign at. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Welcome FantastikNostalgik

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GnostiChristiaN

en.wikipedia.org...

The OP's pics do not look like lenticular clouds - whose main axis is usually close to horizontal - unlike the feature in his picture.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
They are usually horizontal but not always.Arizona is well known for lenticular clouds
edit on 26-6-2012 by dashdespatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
They are usually horizontal but not always.Arizona is well known for lenticular clouds
edit on 26-6-2012 by dashdespatch because: (no reason given)

Sure they may be a few degrees off horizontal - this feature is at 45 degrees or more - please show me a lenticular cloud with that kind of angle.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Its about a third down this page photo dated March 27th 2005 (sorry ive forgotten how to enbed photos!)

www.donaldedavis.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I experienced one of these noises the other night around midnight while sitting outside observing the sky. It was very loud and almost plane like, but deeper and grumblier that any plane I've ever heard before.

Hi FantastikNostalgik , could you please tell me the day / date you heard this sound .
Thanks .

edit on 26-6-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join