It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insomniacs: Need to stay awake..give me some pointers. :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I need to stay awake till 10AM, usually I have no problems in that area but sometimes I do slip and end up dozing off. Today is crucial and I can't afford to go to sleep. So just in case I do, I need to be well prepared. Right now, I'm not tired.

So, hit me....
no, not literally. But I know some of you may to want to.

So, in case I start dozing off, should I just take a freezing cold shower to get the blood running.

State your best tips.

Thank you.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Anything with caffeine....

Usually works wonders for me, two strong cups of coffee will last me about six hours.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well you can try....oh ....nope thats illegal... ok then try.......oopps...thats illegal too, ok the best one to use is...damn thats illegal too.... i got nothing.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I would say eat a whole bunch of candy, put on really loud music, and grab a book.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ManicDepresive1

ya what I'm guessing you were thinking are all illegal, but I bet she does want to go to bed at 10, not two days from now.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'd suggest not turning to sugar since there is usually a crash associated with it. Caffeine is good but I think it's best to maintain a low but steady dose instead of dosing up and expecting it to last a long time.
Stimulants like ritalin work wonders for keeping the sleepy awake, but not everyone has access to that.
Mio energy isn't bad even though it comes off as kinda gay. Next to that I'd suggest coffee.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Wrong group of people to ask for tips on staying up, bud.
Insomniacs don't have any tricks on staying up, it just comes naturally, but they'll list all the things they've tried to actually fall asleep.

Back from college, I remember Vivarin and NoDoze as caffeine pills you could buy for cramming sessions. Vivarin was something like 200mg of caffeine, per pill if I remember right. Others would just take some Excedrin as that contains caffeine as well. Then again, you could just go with a Red Bull or Jolt. Or some caffeinated tea.

Cheers!
edit on 26-6-2012 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
You don't say if you are, until 10 AM, going to be at a desk, in a waiting room (like at an airport lounge), at home or where. It makes a difference.

You may want to imitate the munitions companies. They had men watching the newly made bullets go by on the conveyor belt, but this was so tedious that the men kept falling asleep .... and explosive accidents could happen. So they replaced the stools the men were sitting on with special stools that had just one leg. The men could sit while they worked, but they had to stay awake or they'd fall over. That kept them awake despite the boring job.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoonra

normally I don't do anything more than star, but that is a brilliant idea. I want to give that stool-maker a high-five. Simple idea to a complex problem. Brilliant.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManicDepresive1
Well you can try....oh ....nope thats illegal... ok then try.......oopps...thats illegal too, ok the best one to use is...damn thats illegal too.... i got nothing.

You must be talking about bath salts..

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by KwisatzHaderach
reply to post by ManicDepresive1

ya what I'm guessing you were thinking are all illegal, but I bet she does want to go to bed at 10, not two days from now.

No that's when I'm going to start drinking.
And put the phone on airplane mode.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
Wrong group of people to ask for tips on staying up, bud.
Insomniacs don't have any tricks on staying up, it just comes naturally, but they'll list all the things they've tried to actually fall asleep.

Back from college, I remember Vivarin and NoDoze as caffeine pills you could buy for cramming sessions. Vivarin was something like 200mg of caffeine, per pill if I remember right. Others would just take some Excedrin as that contains caffeine as well. Then again, you could just go with a Red Bull or Jolt. Or some caffeinated tea.

Cheers!
edit on 26-6-2012 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

Is Arizona Tea considered caffeinated? I'm not sure.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
You know those pointers you hear sometimes about staying awake while you're driving? Like keeping the windows down and turning the radio up? When you start to feel drowsy go outside and take a walk with an ipod or MP3 or something. Heck, if you're old school take a Walkman with you.

Unless of course if you live in places like Detroit or Beirut.
Dodging bullets may be good exercise, but it's no way to stay awake if you like to live.

Cold water on the face helps too. Monster type drinks and a pep pill? Since I'm a man, you can spend the night thinking about how much you hate me? Anger does keep the adrenaline going.

Anyway, hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
Wrong group of people to ask for tips on staying up

Well, I've stayed awake for 5 days straight before, at will, and with some help, I can pull an all nighter at any time. My political party can relate to this tactic....

Whiskey.... straight.

You can chase it with something, but it takes away from the extra electrical overcharge.

And it's legal... if you're old enough.
edit on 26-6-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Don't close your eyes.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Can't, I have to go to work..

otherwise I would if I wasn't.

G1

I'm counting the hours down until my weekend starts.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Ah I see.
2nd line

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
get online and gamble...

that keeps me up all night even when i have to sleep lol

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Don't know why I didn't think of this before, but stay right here. I found a way to time travel. I log on and the next thing I know, it's 3 hours later. It can be counter-productive during the day but at night it can really help you pass the time.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4DuecesWild

Don't know why I didn't think of this before, but stay right here. I found a way to time travel. I log on and the next thing I know, it's 3 hours later. It can be counter-productive during the day but at night it can really help you pass the time.

I know right.

So true. LOL

top topics

<<   2 >>

join