It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Video Slams Obama's Use of Executive Privilege in Fast and Furious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Great bit by Jon Stewart. Pretty much sums up the entire Fast and Furious situation to date.

I've included a link to the PDF of the Oversight Committee's recommendation for finding Holder in contempt.

Read the entire pdf here

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I found it interesting that Stewart sided with a mostly Republican led inquiry since he is usually satirically critical of the Republicans. Regardless, he summed up the hypocrisy of the executive privilege order and those defending it. Just further cements my suspicion that there is more to the extra documents than Holder is letting on. Luckily Issa is pretty committed to this even though his reasons may be veiled. Personally I would love nothing more than the removal of the attorney general since he has been saddled to Obama's political agenda, but we shall see.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

The liberals are just trying to pawn the Prez off on the GOP of late. I just see this as more of the same kind of tactic the Progressives have been using for decades, setting a precedent for something then pretending it was all the doing of the conservatives.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
I found it interesting that Stewart sided with a mostly Republican led inquiry since he is usually satirically critical of the Republicans. Regardless, he summed up the hypocrisy of the executive privilege order and those defending it. Just further cements my suspicion that there is more to the extra documents than Holder is letting on. Luckily Issa is pretty committed to this even though his reasons may be veiled. Personally I would love nothing more than the removal of the attorney general since he has been saddled to Obama's political agenda, but we shall see.

My guess is that the documents will prove unequivocally that Holder lied to Congress when he first said he knew nothing about F &F.

Best line of video... "Oh... THAT Fast and Furious....."

Lying to Congress about aiding and abetting the murder of a U.S. border patrol agent is not cool, even to Jon Stewart. I'm friends with a lot of the formerly most ardent Obama supporters who genuinely believed he was going to be different. They are disgusted with him. It's why Obama is using celebrity dinners to pull in the wealthy libs.

top topics

join