It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Time Slip?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

You are welcome...and no I am not being that way. I genuinely am interested. I would like to solve this mystery..but like I said before I don't think that is going to happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I have been fascinated with time travel, slips and anything related for a many years... I haven't really ever had anything happen over these past 30 some years that I would call a time slip, or anything in relation to time.. So, when my gf told me about this.. I was pretty blown away.. I will not say this is what happened for sure, but it really is odd.

I haven't noticed anything like you have experienced, but I am open minded enough to know there are things that occur that are unexplainable. I do think things happen related to time.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thanks again, Caladonea... It is a mystery and I am sure you are right, that there will not be a definite answer.

More than anything, I just wanted to post and speculate on something that only a few will be willing to go down that path... Fun thought for me, regardless.

Not much more I can add however.. I told my story and the rest is definitely speculation from myself and everyone else as well..

Btw.. I do not suffer from memory lapses. I've always been told I have an amazing memory. (In response to one of your questions in an earlier post)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
That would be driving me nuts!!
Can't you just give Sherry a call to clear this up?
I mean she should recall either calling your girlfriend or driving you (& the earbashing she gave you!).
The false Sherry is the one that doesn't remember one of the incidents!
-Please update when you find out (Stuff like this bugs the crap out of me
)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
That would be driving me nuts!!
Can't you just give Sherry a call to clear this up?
I mean she should recall either calling your girlfriend or driving you (& the earbashing she gave you!).
The false Sherry is the one that doesn't remember one of the incidents!
-Please update when you find out (Stuff like this bugs the crap out of me
)

And here is the solution.

Call Sherry, and ask her what she remembers from that night.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Startruth144
This past Saturday night I called Sherry (the driver) around 8 Pm and let her know I was ready to be picked up. She let me know that she was a few miles away picking up some other patrons and would be over as soon as she got back towards my area. She showed up within 20 minutes or so and off we went.

Can you recall a more precise timing of events then? Was your girlfriend physically with you when Sherry arrived, when you left your house/flat, when you actually got inside the van? Was she at all able to recognize Sherry herself and her van at that precise point in time (if one can say in these kind of stories)?

Let me elaborate my thoughts. It is sometimes good to try to recollect facts another way than "it must have been".

You reckon you've been out drinking that night. (I'm not going to call you alcoholic or sorts, nothing like that, getting even badly drunk happens, and when it does, sometimes, things cannot be remembered correctly)

Is it possible that, in between you calling Sherry and Sherry arriving to pick you up (or actually calling to say she was close to the place), somebody else happened to get to your place and drive you to the pub?

You may have a blurred memory of events before you actually started to drink later. Memory also plays pranks on people sometimes. You may "remember" wrongly of Sherry picking you up and talking in the van, because it is exactly what's happening so frequently, that's what you have been doing all the time (so to say) for a long time now. If we sometimes do things just out of a habit, well memory does that too.

That's just an idea I had about it... Now, checking with friends, other patrons at the bar, etc., who actually picked you up may be a good idea.

If everybody agrees to say that Sherry did, then you have there a true mystery...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Oh my gosh, I've heard of this happening before, actually I think I read it here on ATS a while back now, a similar thing happened to another member.

If I remember right there encounter had something to do with the power lines over or near the house, and it was suggested it was an entity or ghost, but I think it also had interference with the TV at the same time the phone call came through.

I have no idea what to type in the search function to even find the thread, but ill have a go for you.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Very mysterious!
But I agree with the above posters, there is an easy way to perhaps figure out whether it really was something ‘out of the ordinary” or something more mundane. (Ie. Perhaps the timing on your gf’s phone was wrong)

I used to work for a cell phone company and one thing that I remember is that minutes and calls can sometimes take a few hours to update. (And sometimes really can be off) Customer’s used to be p1ssed off because in the interval it took for their calls to be updated they ended up going over their minutes

I would double check with Sherry to see if she remembers calling your gf asap – just in case she can check her phone logs to verify what time she did call you and/or to see if she remembers the call at all.

It really is a head scratcher! I can’t help but hope that maybe it was some kind of time slip (because it would be so interesting!) But even still, please let us know if you find out any more information on that night!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
hmm wonder why this never went further...did OP not speak to Sherry ever again? Her recalling or not-recalling her phone call to OP's girlfriend could shed a lot of light on this issue...why didn't OP ever post here again?? *puzzled*

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rainychica

I did ask her about it.. She was lost and had no clue what I was talking about. I have no idea what to think about the incident. I've just mostly shrugged it off since, with an occasional thought given to it.

Would love to know the answer, unfortunately I don't think there will be one in this case

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

its as they say reality is a matrix,
and it glitches all around us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join