It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Time Slip?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I haven't posted any threads here on ATS in quite sometime, nor do I often have anything interesting happen to me involving a mystery that I want to share. I will risk the huge amount of ridicule and skepticism to share this incident, as it really has me scratching my head.

Usually on Friday or Saturday nights, I go hang out at my local tavern with a few friends. The tavern has a driver who can be called in order to safely pick people up and bring them back home, all free of charge. Myself and GF have gotten to be really good friends with the driver over the past 6 years, although my girl friend usually doesn't go out with me. This past Saturday night I called Sherry (the driver) around 8 Pm and let her know I was ready to be picked up. She let me know that she was a few miles away picking up some other patrons and would be over as soon as she got back towards my area. She showed up within 20 minutes or so and off we went. Usually once we get to the tavern she will literally "talk my head off' while I eagerly anticipate getting inside to grab a cold beer. We sat outside in the van for several minutes and she talked about her daughter getting money stolen from her, and several other things that had happened throughout her week.. I love Sherry to death, but I was, as usual ready to get inside and do some drinking.

I finally made my way inside and she left shortly to pick up more patrons. I had a great time and later she came back and hung out with me and some frinds while she waited for more calls to come of patrons needing a ride.

Well the next day as I woke up and grabbed the nearest OTC painkiller and made my way to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water from my fridge.. My gf asked me who picked me up last night. I looked at her puzzled and thinking she was accusing me of something, responded with.. You saw Sherry in the van last night when she arrived to pick me up.. She looked even more confused than I did and let me know about a call she received right after Sherry had picked me up. According to her. 5 minutes after Sherry had picked me up the phone rang and my gf seeing on the caller ID it was Sherry's phone number, answered thinking I used Sherry's phone to call home for some reason, but instead it was Sherry's voice. Once my gf answered, Sherry said hi to her and they briefly talked.... She asked my girl if I was ready yet and that she had just got back to our neighborhood and was almost to our place. My girl friend confused, told her that I had just been picked up and Sherry said it wasn't by her and was really weirded out.

The strange thing for me is that When Sherry called my gf.. She had just picked me up 5 minutes before that, meaning we were on the road at that very moment headed towards the bar. Even if it were 10 - 15 minutes after she picked me up, I would have still been sitting in the van BSing with her about her week.

I am not sure what to think of this...

Would really love hearing your thoughts.. I think.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

Oh I don't know about that.

Do you have a jealous ex who could possibly be playing games with you guys?

Maybe trying to cause problems between you two ?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
My gf and me have been together for 6 years.. No jealous ex's... My gf knows Sherry very well and knew her voice over the phone.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Sounds like you like to drink. No time slip required. Just inebriation.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Whoa. Don't know what to make of that unless Sherry and gf are punking you- which I doubt.
Interested in seeing the theories on this one!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I do enjoy some cold beer on the weekend!..

I was sober the next day though, when my gf questioned me about this matter..

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I am thinking....could someone else have had Sherry's phone and was pretending to be Sherry?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Starcrossd

I have no suspicion of that being the case at all. After being with my girl for 6 years, I know she isn't much of a prankster in the slightest.. Not to say she doesn't have a sense of humor.

She is genuinely as curious about this as I am.

Thanks for the comment friend..

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Did you happen to be drunk at the time she picked you up?

Vote Truth_2012

edit on 26-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Not at all.. Which is why I was in a hurry to get inside the bar and get started, instead of sitting in the van with Sherry and gabbing..

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I have no suspicion of that.. And my gf knows her very well and her voice over the phone.

Gf is positive it was Sherry.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Startruth144

I have no suspicion of that.. And my gf knows her very well and her voice over the phone.

Gf is positive it was Sherry.

All the reply's (of people trying to help you figure this out) you have (explained away).

So what do you think happened? You must have some sort of an idea...please share with us.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Honestly.. Not a clue. I theorize, although I am sure it is highly unlikely.. A time slip of sorts. I only ruled out it being caused by drinking as a couple people quickly tossed out there. I know it wasn't a prank.. so I only ruled out the suggestions that I know are not correct.

Not really sure what to make of the incident...

TBH I really should have just kept it between myself and gf.. But I thought it would be interesting to post and see what others thought. Even though I now realize there is no real answer that can be given.

Another thought I have about it is.. Maybe my friend Sherry is getting old and going crazy.. But that doesn't answer how she called 5 minutes after picking me up to ask my gf if I was ready... When I would still be on the road with her at that moment.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Could someone be confused as to when someone called? Was your girlfriend drinking too? Just thinking maybe someone's memory could be off a little. Did someone doze off and not even realize it making time seem to fly by?
I'm just throwing ideas out.

Maybe it really is a prank or someone wants you to lay off the alcohol a little as if you've been drinking too much making you think things are happening that don't typically. It would be a sneaky prank if both Sherry and your girlfriend were in on it. Of course if they wanted you to cut back on the alcohol they might not admit to the deception.

I guess after you rule out all the possibilities which is probably impossible to do if others are lying, then that leaves possibilities of a time slip or someone is lying.

I guess another possibility is that Sherry's phone call when into a different time and somehow phone calls went through a distortion. Everyone may still be physically in the same time. Just a twilight zone phone call from another reality slightly off in time from ours. That would be weird if some phone calls were traveling into alternate realities and the time was off.
edit on 26/6/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Thanks for throwing some ideas out there.. I really am trying to get some ideas of what could have happened.

I appreciate all the feedback from everyone.

To answer your question though.. My gf does not drink at all. She says I had just left with Sherry approximately 5 minutes before the phone rang. She had just closed the door behind me, turned on the ps3 to play some Arkham Asylum and had barely had time to load the game up when the phone rang.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

So....when you were on the road with her...is it possible she called your gf then? But then again...why would she call your gf asking where you were...when you were already in the car with her...unless she is nuts.

Do you ever have memory lapses?

I am just trying to help you figure this out...and I get the feeling ..that probably won't happen...lol.

Another thought....could Sherry be pulling a prank on you and your girlfriend...and pre-recorded that telephone call.

edit on 26-6-2012 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I totally believe you as I'm experiencing time slips of my own. I think I'll keep them to myself after all the snotty comments you have been getting. I don't need it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I kind of like the idea of phone calls traveling to alternate realities slightly off in time.

I've had some weird things happen to me lately. Most noticeable are people's appearance suddenly changing dramatically after not seeing them for only 3 or 4 months. I could explain away one girl losing a lot of weight thinking maybe she went on a very effective diet. I didn't ask. However one girl had implants and then the last time I saw her, it was like she didn't and she acted the way she used to before she had implants. I was going to ask but I haven't seen her since. Too many people seem to be disappearing on me.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Hi again, Caladonea..

That is the conundrum indeed.... Is my friend Sherry crazy? Maybe...
I would have for sure been in the van with her on the way to the establishment, when she called back to my house and asked my gf if I was ready to be picked up. I was the only person in the van with her the entire ride to the tavern.. And as usual, she kept me inside the van talking for several minutes after we arrived. So yes, I would have been with her at the time of the call... Knowing Sherry like I do.. She is not a prankster in any way.. Older lady, mid 50's... Very Very Sweet person.. Serious type who usually just wants to talk about her problems and such. I highly doubt her pulling a prank.. She would also not pull a prank like that, just because it would indeed cause some worry in my gf.. As did occur.

I do truly appreciate the responses, Caladonea.. I really am trying not to sound closed from suggestions. A little on auto defense mode just because I see how people get ripped to shreds for just about anything posted on ATS. I do not think you are being that way, though. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Sort of regret posting a thread of a possible time slip... I haven't had a strange thing like this happen to me in a VERY long time, So I was a bit excited to post my experience. Not a fan of being looked upon as a liar, etc.

Took my chances and now just have to thicken the skin... It is only the internet, anyways..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join