It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson Jr. - medical leave for "exhaustion" while under Congressional ethics investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
From the Chicago Suntimes:

www.suntimes.com...

"A late Monday afternoon press release was the first public word of his leave. The statement was brief.

"On Sunday, June 10th, Congressman Jesse L. Jackson Jr. went on a medical leave of absence and is being treated for exhaustion. He asks that you respect his family’s privacy. His offices remain open to serve residents of the Second District.”

The son of the famed civil rights leader is facing a Congressional ethics investigation concerning allegations tied to the Rod Blagojevich corruption case."

No one goes on leave for exhaustion but I can't figure out the exact reason. He already gave a statement in the Blagojevich case and it's not like he is being called to testify again.

There was a waitress he was having an affair with but that also is old news.

So why the no show at this point?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm curious if someone that makes minimum wage can go on medical leave for "exhaustion" and still get paid for it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Aside from the House ethics investigation against him,

Jackson Jr. is scared to death of THIS new development:

Last week, Raghuveer Nayak, the Jackson fundraiser who allegedly approached Blagojevich about appointing the congressman to the vacant Illinois seat in exchange for $1.5 million, was arrested by federal authorities in an unrelated fraud case.
story from The Hill

The guy (Nayak) will have to sing like a canary to reach any plea bargain.

Jackson Jr will fry like onion rings after Nayak "talks"

And,

Raghuveer Nayak, the Oak Brook businessman arrested Wednesday on charges he paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes and kickbacks to doctors and then wrote them off on his taxes as advertising, “was always welcome in the Jackson home.”
Raghuveer Nayak was ‘always welcome in the Jackson home’ (Sun Times - June 20th)

google "Raghuveer Nayak" and you can see the problem.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I can't believe the lack of interest in this both in the Chicago media and here on ATS.

The new story is Jackson is being treated as an inpatient for a mood disorder. Mood disorders are usually depression or mania.

His mother gave a strange speech talking about how her son is unwell. She implied it was from her son not being appointed Senator or Mayor.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Something isn't right here. If he really was depression or bipolar, they would wait until the August break and then give a good cover story. Mania and depression can often be treated on an out patient basis. They would downplay it and not have his mother talking about how her son is unwell.

My guess is they know a Federal indictment is coming. It's a strange coincidence this breakdown happened right after his friend (the one who paid the airfare for his mistress) was arrested by the Feds.

Maybe they are laying the foundation for an insanity defense or at least a reason to have prison time reduced? That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well now He's really "In Hiding"

Important Topic Updates

July 28, 2012 --- story from AP

CHICAGO (AP) -- Jesse Jackson Jr.'s transfer to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota could indicate a complicating physical illness arose during the Illinois congressman's treatment for depression, several experts in psychiatric care said Saturday.

The Chicago Democrat has been on a secretive leave of absence for nearly seven weeks, during which his office has released only occasional snippets of information, including that he was undergoing treatment for a "mood disorder" at an undisclosed location.

JJ Jr. -- Mayo Clinic

I think he's "Nervous"

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
His father must be so proud. He obviously does not have the street smarts or stomach for corruption as his father.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Rep. Jackson being treated for bipolar depression, clinic says

[U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. is responding well to treatment for bipolar depression, the Mayo Clinic said Monday.
The Rochester, Minn.-based clinic said Jackson is regaining his strength but offered no further information on his condition.
In early July, the congressman's office announced he was "receiving intensive medical treatment at a residential treatment facility for a mood disorder." A few weeks later, his office said he was undergoing an "extensive inpatient evaluation for depression and gastrointestinal issues" at the Mayo Clinic.
Jackson's wife, Sandi, said earlier this month her husband had "good days and bad days" and doctors were increasing his depression medication to "therapeutic levels."

www.cnn.com...

While I get as a democrat he is evil and satanic, the truth of the matter is stress can and does lead to an exasperation of mental illness in those who suffer from it. Cue posts calling the man crazy now.
edit on 13-8-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

The "bipolar" scheme might be true.

BUT, I think he is setting up a "defense" just in case his friend starts chirping to the authorities.

His Father has plenty of experience in dodging bullets ( literally
)

IMO only.

edit on Aug-13-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
A little update.

It looks like JJJ, is the subject of a new Federal investigation.

I knew he was setting up an insanity defense.

The part I can't believe is a hospital as highly rated as the Mayo clinic would keep in the hospital so long.

Could anyone really not see his hospitalization was done to delay his arrest?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hey stealing taxpayer money is hardwork...give him a little rest & he will be back at it better than ever!

edit on 13-10-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
JJ Jr. says he is "not well"

I wouldn't "be well" either.............

In his first public comments since being admitted to the Mayo Clinic and treated for bipolar disorder, Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. said he is “not well” and visits the hospital twice a day.

The Illinois Democrat told The Daily he visits George Washington University hospital twice a day, at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Jackson was smoking a cigar on the stoop of his $1.3 million home in DuPont Circle during the interview.....

Jesse Jackson Jr. says he’s ‘not well’

He's setting up the defense

What a phoney baloney.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It's all coming together now.

CHICAGO (CBS) – A former U.S. attorney representing embattled Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. is negotiating a plea deal with the federal government, CBS 2 has learned.

CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine has the exclusive details.

The plea deal would end Jackson’s 17-year career as a congressman representing Chicago’s South Side and suburbs.

Former U.S. Prosecutor Negotiating Plea Deal For Jackson Jr.

He is GUILTY !!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It's not just a crooked congressman, it's how the Chicago media basically helped cover up this story. If this was any State besides Illinois, the news would have been all over this story.

They waited until after the election to let people know he used $40,000 in campaign funds to buy his side girl friend a Rolex.

Shame, shame on the Mayo clinic for aiding him in his cover up.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Now..he quits !!

Jesse Jackson Jr. has resigned from Congress just weeks after winning reelection for a ninth term.

Jackson Jr. has been in treatment for bipolar disorder since June. The timing of his treatment coincides with an FBI investigation into misuse of campaign funds which also reportedly began in June.

The FBI has been looking into claims that Jackson Jr. allegedly used $100,000 in campaign funds to decorate his Washington D.C. home and also purchased a $40,000 Rolex watch for "a female friend." .........

I give up !!

Guilty? Jail?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I see that this was dug back up and is due to him quitting, becuase I was about to say.... Seriously!?! Again?

new topics

top topics

join