It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How to build Puma Punka and the Pyramids in 21.7 years using only the tech of Ancient Man?

page: 4
24
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The Hindenburg was an awesome ship to be sure


The geltine infused cotton-sandwich fabric for the bladders for the hydrogen sections were a great addition for safety and ease of use. The cotton used for the skin was painted with metallic waterproofing materials which may or may-not have led to it's final demise.

This same craft, if made entirely from wood, for internal compartments, skeletal structure, and external coverings. as stated in the OP, would be so heavy as to be unable to lift itself, let alone any stones.




posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
If humans built Puma Punku, they had more advanced technology than we realize. Extraterrestrials were probably involved, or extraterrestrial technology.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The lever used might not be wooden. At least not in the sense of solid logs. They might use some sort of rope or something sewed together (like they use bamboo in Asia), made from plants or wooden material. More flexible, but with strong fiber characteristics.

And as the center piece, to actually lift the massive stones, they might use other stones. Even I myself am doubting the theory too... : |
edit on 26-6-2012 by coyote66 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
It's called PUMA PUNKU ... Idk, like on a thread about pyramids, all I can say is there has never been evidence and drawings or writings to describe how these were built, so the pulling with ropes seen on encyclopedia remain as much theory as others.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
lots of little balloons would lift smaller stones. I have heard that hemp is extremely strong but they could have used silk and rubber.
And why use hydrogen when they could use hot air?
Also could the ancients have used canals and lockes and buckets and boats to raise the stones?



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bearwithredhat
Now gently lower the stone above onto the one below.



with what a crane?



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by coyote66
 


Why not, right? Everything worked great on Gilligan's Island! tvtropes.org...



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
Ok, let’s let your Ancient Zeppelin theory fly for a second or 2 (pun intended)

Can you show me one ancient drawing, depiction or narrative in any ancient culture that proves that ancient man could build or fly by Zeppelin?

I would think that such a great achievement would be reason enough to record the events?

Mickierocksman

edit on 26/6/2012 by Mickierocksman because: Added a 's' to make it plural….. Now wondering where the term ‘plural’ came from, so I will look that up next after hitting edit again of course……………


Firstly, I do not say that the ancients did this, only that it disproves the claim that it could only be by alien technology.

Secondly, actually, for years people have claimed that vast blobes and disks in the sky in old paintings etc are UFO's. Maybe they are not UFO's but Zeppelins.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by twinmommy38
The Hindenburg was an awesome ship to be sure


The geltine infused cotton-sandwich fabric for the bladders for the hydrogen sections were a great addition for safety and ease of use. The cotton used for the skin was painted with metallic waterproofing materials which may or may-not have led to it's final demise.

This same craft, if made entirely from wood, for internal compartments, skeletal structure, and external coverings. as stated in the OP, would be so heavy as to be unable to lift itself, let alone any stones.


Baldly untrue. I have already shown the calculations why...

1. The Hindenburg had a steel and iron frame. Even the heaviest Amazon wood would reduce this frame weight by 50^, althoug it would be impractical nowadays due to cost.
2. The first modern Zeppelins in late Victorian days did not use cotton bladders, but actual pig's bladders and indeed, pigs are found in abundance near these sites today, even in Central America where horses etc were so unknown to the Inccans when the SPanish arrived that the native words for a horse etc were variants of the word for a pig.
3. A huge portion of the Hindenburg was taken by the passenger compartments including ballroom and furnishings. On these airships, there would have been none, resulting in less weight and more space for hydrogen bladders to increase both gross and net weight.

>>>>>It is all very well to make broad sweeping statements like yours about it being unable to fly, but when I have already scheduled detailed the mathematics and given clear parallel examples, such statements by you just seem like the actions of a jerk.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyote66
The lever used might not be wooden. At least not in the sense of solid logs. They might use some sort of rope or something sewed together (like they use bamboo in Asia), made from plants or wooden material. More flexible, but with strong fiber characteristics.

And as the center piece, to actually lift the massive stones, they might use other stones. Even I myself am doubting the theory too... : |
edit on 26-6-2012 by coyote66 because: (no reason given)


What is with you poeple???? Huh????

Not once have I suggested that levers be used. They are utterly unnecessary in my theory.

How can you doubt my theory on the basis of something that is not involved?

It is like loathing Beethoven's 1812 Overture because you don't like the Banjo Solo.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount
lots of little balloons would lift smaller stones. I have heard that hemp is extremely strong but they could have used silk and rubber.
And why use hydrogen when they could use hot air?
Also could the ancients have used canals and lockes and buckets and boats to raise the stones?


At 13,200 feet with no evidence of any form of excavation of trenches for canalisation, this seems highly unlikely, quite apart from the question of where they would get the water from?



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
It's called PUMA PUNKU ... Idk, like on a thread about pyramids, all I can say is there has never been evidence and drawings or writings to describe how these were built, so the pulling with ropes seen on encyclopedia remain as much theory as others.



If they pulled them iwth ropes, why are some stones half way up mountainsides, abandoned with no striations indicating their being dragged there? And, having got them half way up the mountain side, why abandon them there?

In my theory, one could imagine them be dumped overboard to allow the zeppelin to gain altitude urgently to avoid a deadly crash with the mountaniside. Indeed, many of the one abandoned half way up the side of the mountain are at very great gradients approaching rock outcrops above.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by bearwithredhat
Now gently lower the stone above onto the one below.



with what a crane?


SIGH!!!! No, with a Zeppelin as explained extensively iin the thread.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount
lots of little balloons would lift smaller stones. I have heard that hemp is extremely strong but they could have used silk and rubber.
And why use hydrogen when they could use hot air?
Also could the ancients have used canals and lockes and buckets and boats to raise the stones?


The problem with hot air is assembling the volume of hot air all in a single hit and keeping it hot for enough time. With pigs bladders filled with hydrogen, the necessary bladders could be filled over a period of time as it was constructed.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio
If humans built Puma Punku, they had more advanced technology than we realize. Extraterrestrials were probably involved, or extraterrestrial technology.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)


Just consider for a moment the following...

- You're an ET, zillions of miles form home. You have only one way home, your ship. Are you really going to risk that moving huge stones around whilst a willng workforce sit on their asses in awe? Of course, not. You'd get THEM to do the work.

- A t the time of the Confederate South, the first steam traction engines, basic medicine and steam power existed. Was it widely used? NOOOOO!!!! Why? because they did not trust their slaves, nor did they think them menally capable of using them. SO, if you are an ET, why do all the donkey work yourself if you can get the local humans to do it with low tech stuff that you can trust them with?

Again, not saying this is the case, that ET's were involved, just that ET involvement would actually have the SAME RESULT - Zeppelins being used in preferance of risking the ET's oven UFO's.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Here's another thought...

The Moai stones were brought into place by "MANA" according to local beliefs....curiously the same word used on Easter Island and the source of all food for the Isrealites during their 40 year stay in the desert. Could MANA actually be the ancient name for a zeppelin?



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think this theory is very interesting. A different slant on the building idea. I appreciate the work the OP has put into this, and they did mention it is a bit "Out There". But this is a fresh approach on an old question.
I applaud the OP for applying the time and effort in calculating what could be a step in the direction of finding out how this was actually done.

Great stuff.

Sometimes you have to go to the extreme to find out the truth.......Humans really are stuck in a one tracked mind of thinking. Seems Ancient Man may be a hell of alot smarter than we give him credit for.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bearwithredhat
 



NO BRAH!




posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
They were either built with the help of aliens...or humans were technologically advanced a long time ago, just in a different way than we are today. I don't see any other explanation. Either theory seems logical...if you have an open mind.

But an even more interesting question is...

What in hell was so powerful that could destroy Puma Punku?



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think you've done a pretty good job here. I like this theory... though it comes to mind that you've substituted one flying machine ("flying saucers" for lack of a better term) for another flying machine... It's still in the same line of explaining how these structures came to be.
I most definitely agree with you that ancient alien theory should not be the only plausible explanation.
Either way great thread!




top topics



 
24
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join