It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tepco removing upper part of Reactor 4 right now supposedly - JNN Live cam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Just saw on Fukushima Diaries website that Tepco is removing upper part of Reactor 4 right now, so I went to the link and am watching lots of construction activity on JNN Livecam right now, but it doesn't show anything going on on Tepco Livecam though
Of course it wouldn't surprise me to find out that the Tepco Live Webcam is actually a staged loop, knowing how Tepco operates .

If this is accurate, hope all goes well, makes me a bit nervous watching it, knowing the precarious situation Reactor 4 is in, and what it means to the world.
fukushima-diary.com...
Source www.youtube.com...
Has anybody else been watching JNN Livecam to know if this is a live feed?
edit on 25-6-2012 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

can you provide a link?

Thanks for adding link!
edit on 25-6-2012 by Alchemst7 because: link added

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Nice Find OP

Looks like a lot of activity to me

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Oh great! There really were lots of debris clouds rolling off of where the crane was working, but for the moment it looks quiet again. Either the crane is working in the corner, or they are taking a break.

edit on 25-6-2012 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
seems to be a live feed of something....
whether it's fukishima or i couldn't tell you

edit: dont look like there's much action goin on
edit on 26-6-2012 by openeyeswideshut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

On the main Japan disaster thread, they have been following this increased activity since it started a few days ago. That's when I posted the UK-Reuters story (on the main Japan disaster thread) about Japanese government minister Hosono's statement that repair and removal of the spent fuel pool from Fukushima reactor 4 will start this year (instead of 2+ years on like he originally said).

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Thanks for the update. I did not realize how much info is still going on in the original thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The main thread is still working away, at a professional level, in fact. I've been working on an article about the Fukushima nuclear disaster, and at this point the government and TEPCO mismanagement is so vast (more and more radioactive rivers on Honshu) there's no endpoint in sight. Japanese Minister Hosono is still saying "10 to 20 years" for total cleanup, but it would be almost miraculous to get it done that quickly. There is also a huge profit motive there, (see the thread from "I, Cringely" from May 2012 that I added to the main thread a few weeks ago) which so far is apparently the main reason that some of the obvious clean-up tasks have been left undone. The other main reason for delay was identified early on by Michio Kaku, PhD, the theoretical physicist who is a faculty member at New York University: Some of the technology needed to clean up Fukushima Daiichi hasn't been invented yet.

top topics

join