It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we a 'test' world and universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This really isn't a thread to say where did we come from...

I wonder and can't explain... Are we a world that is just a image from someone/something?

Think about it....
We could be a test civilization... Not by humans, by something.
We could be a universe right on the tip of a pen.
We could be a microscopic universe of a atom.

I can't think of this, I get scared. We might be someone's dream world. Somethign that is odd.

ATS members, PLEASE. Place your ideas. Could be just be a microscopic universe on a tip of a plant, or an atom? Or just an image in someone/something's head?

Are we a 'test' universe?

Express your opinion...

=Matty1053

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by matty1053

If you have not already done so, watch the closing scene(s) of the first "Men in Black" movie - although fiction, it suggests we are indeed a "marble game" of sorts - the tip of the pen so to speak.

As soon as I read your post I recalled these scenes.

Cheers for the post matey

edit on 25-6-2012 by Sublimecraft because: added "although fiction"

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
You have to read the book by Stephen King The Dome...they are making it into a movie..there is another theory for you, I won't ruin it.

So many good books I have read with great theories especially by Koontz.

The latest one of mine is that we are in a time loop and our souls keep reliving a chunk of years...that's why we have all this deja vu and prophecies , all these "artifacts" showing up in the wrong time periods etc. I think the Mayans knew of it, that is what their calendar represents, not an end of the world but a resent of the time loop. I believe for some reason we keep resetting around this point in time because we keep screwing up. Maybe eventually we will work it out and move on.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
We know nothing about anything outside of our own meager vision and religions. Given the immense and sheer vastness of everything we do not know I am going to start a new religion.

I am going to base my entire existence on the teachings of a great creature I met named Horton. Not being a great writer I am going to have a great literary genius named Dr Seuss to write a chronicle of his discoveries and life based solely on my version of it.

edit on 25-6-2012 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by matty1053[/i
Think about it....
We could be a test civilization... Not by humans, by something.
We could be a universe right on the tip of a pen.
We could be a microscopic universe of a atom.

I remember these conversations...

They usually involved black lights, cool music and incense

Yes, I suppose anything is possible. If true there isn't anything you could do about it anyways. If anything were to happen to our Atom/Universe the space and time differential is so huge between our reality and the Macroverse that we would all be dust before the Atom/Universe was split or whatever

Have a nice night.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by matty1053
This really isn't a thread to say where did we come from...

Actually, everything you said is where did we come from?

Where did all this come from?

There're as many different answers as there're different people to ask.

My guess is since everything is born from something then our universe was born from something too. So something else exists beyond our universe that gave birth to all of this and it itself exists alongside many other sorts of universes. What those universes are I cannot begin to fathom.

I suspect that life is somehow ubiquitous. It's some kind of all-pervasive physics. Just like how gravity distorts space and time and light travels here and there, life is intrinsic.
edit on 26-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Yes and here is the button that is the equivalent of ESC

Hit that while you keep your eyes closed and you're upgrade automatically to utopia mode

I apologize to those who have seen this image before - but I like it
edit on 26/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't believe that we are a test.

Having said that, anything anyone says is, and can only be, speculation.

Our current form of existence could be construed as a "test" of sorts, for us. But I do not believe that we are an experiment.

I believe that whatever created our reality is fully capable of performing purposeful and meaningful actions without having to make mistakes.
We may not understand the purpose or the "seeming" outcome, but that is to be expected since we are finite and exist and function within a finite system. However, we were created by infinity that is not within the confines of any system. No matter what anyone says, or thinks they know, human beings simply cannot understand those concepts and, like I said, anything said on the matter is, and can only be, speculation.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The size relativity part doesn't make sense.

Matter, or what makes up matter, does what it does all based on it's size. Particles and galaxies both interact, but in a way which suits their scale.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
We're all infinitely small, and live for an insignificant amount of time. It could be a test to how we respond to others, that could be used to see how we would react to other organisms of life.

Or life could all be a dream. I mean, we do work for jewels (+1 to anyone who gets that) and we live to survive. Everything else programs you to think you can't live without it. I work in the HVAC industry and I notice it in people.

The people with no air conditioning because it broke, act as if their life stops because their house is hot.

Something is brewing, and it's not going to be good. A lot of people are going to react badly to the coming change because everyone is used to the ease of today's world.

Most don't know how to survive if food and water is not given to them.
So no, life is not a test anymore. Life is about working for money, and giving that money to other people so that they make money, and we all survive.

Anyone else think something is wrong with that? I mean, we work, we do services to get some trees with ink on them. What value does that have? And the ego problem. I laugh at that.

Ego's separate us from everyone else, like an individual is special or something.

No, we all can do whatever the f&&k we want to, just stop being lazy. Simple as that. Watch what you eat, watch what chemicals you ingest, and think for your damn self.

America has gone to s$$t, and so have many other countries that were "the best".

Don't even ask me for "proof", "evidence", look around you. Look at the world we live in.

It's 2012, and we are still hating, still killing other people.

Either a worldwide change needs to happen and kill our f&&king egos, or we all need to die.
You can tell me I'm pessimistic, no I'm a realist.
It takes a little logic to think it through.

What use are we to the universe, when we CAN'T EVEN TAKE CARE OF OUR SMALL PLANET?

Seriously. Do some thinking. Get off your high horse, everyone.

Good vibes to all.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Trappenin

This doom and gloom has been a feature of every age. You might enjoy looking at Max Nordau's book, Degeneration which was printed in 1892

A summary here

The book

You'll find similar 'doom and gloom' in earlier years too

The book reflects views on a degenerating society held by many people in Europe at the time, especially throughout the Austro-Hungarian Empire. By the early 20th century, the idea that society was degenerating, and that this degeneration was influenced by art

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ahh, I'll have to read that book.

But can you honestly say, has society been getting better?
The gene pool is running thin, the amount of necessities to live has practically doubled, even though we still only have around 5-6 actual needs that need to be fulfilled.

Tell me about how our society is getting better. Please.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
life is what you make of it, anyway you want you can make that...
the test may be: knowing this what will you do??

maybe someone thought: "i want to create a universe full of meaningful events and connections and full of people free to do as they please. Also i will make these laws (physics genetics and all sciences) so they can evolve/learn and by this knowledge develop in any way they decide"

anyway mindset is one half of all the things we experience if you wanna "test" reality.
look for success you'll find success everywhere look for failure you will find evidence of how everything/everyone fails and doubts will be in you bringing to your own failure.

top topics

join