It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elliot lake, Ontario Mall Collapse- Survivors trapped, Rescue Abandoned

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegafire
Considering that country is the same size as the USA, it made no sense to me. It feels like it might as well be the same size and importance of a 5 square mile city in the us.

Except our country is actually quite a bit larger than the USA.

Now I know why, Canadians seem like a bunch of 12 yr old scared girls cowering under a table.

You read one article and assume thats how we all are. Real smart and oh, so very American to hear one story and paint everybody with the same broad brush. American arrogance at its finest.

If you looked deeper into the story, you would see the rescue was only called off for engineers to be called in so more wouldnt be killed in a collapse. The rescue is back on.

Seriously though, when is the last time Canada has been on the news or been talked about. I know nothing about their government, policies, or anything about Canada.

No news is good news! Were not the warmongers you are.

However I'm sure that every Canadian knows all their is to know about America. Why is that? Is Canada and or Canadians really that small of a significance in the world. It's as if Canada is just a land mass above the USA that is baren and has no one that exists their, WTF??!

Yep! Everyday i read about how you bomb innocents and force your ideals on others.

One of the most thoughtless, moronic posts ive read in ages! Bravo!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

No Use, the Trolls smell blood, soon more Anti-Canadian comments will be posted. Maybe mod's will wheel it back in.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Yes they do, remember 9/11.

Now try and reply with some stubborn answer that doesnt rectify the fact you were wrong, and American firefighters do risk their lives, regardless.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Lol you reply to the people saying bad things about canadians, yet you do the exact same about the Americans, making you no better than the original posters of inflammatory remarks.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GardenParty
Oh no this is so awful!

I am sending positive energy towards the people who have been affected by this. I feel in my heart that most of the people will be found safe and sound. The lord takes care of his souls!

if you mean mass murdering with a flood and sending you to a lake of fire if you don't live how he wants you to...than sure, he takes care of people.

tell that to all the people dying of cancer right now, look them in the eye and say, 'lord is taking care of you.'

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

the rescue team doesn't feel that putting their life on the line for others is worth it.

You spelled cowered wrong!
If you won't put your life on the line, then you are not a rescue worker.

If you could save one trapped person, is the risk not worth it?
I am not a fire fighter,police officer, medic, a family member and , yet i would risk my life to save them if i was there.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
To all those saying the people in charge should be ashamed, and that American rescue workers should be ashamed, etc.

Post 9/11:

Rescue efforts were paused numerous times in the days after the attack, due to concerns that nearby buildings, including One Liberty Plaza, were in danger of collapsing

en.wikipedia.org...

Rescue workers had been ordered off the pile—it was too unsafe to let them continue. Flames were bursting from a number of buildings, and the whole site was considered unstable.

www.slate.com...

Those are just two examples from 9/11. There are probably hundreds of stories of rescues being stopped long enough to shore up the building or wherever they were trying to get to, before going back in. Unless you are there, and you are involved, I suggest you get the entire story before just bashing the people that ARE there doing the work, sweating, and risking their lives to get these people out.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iWantToBeelieve

Lol you reply to the people saying bad things about canadians, yet you do the exact same about the Americans, making you no better than the original posters of inflammatory remarks.

Very true, your right.

Kinda got me fired up though. While yes, i stooped lower than i would usually like to go, im not apologizing one bit. After reading through three pages of anti-Canadian vitrol, much of which seems to go beyond this situation, i fired back.

Sue me.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
When you think of it, really, Calling off the rescue makes no sense whatsoever!!!!!!! What are they waiting for??? To get safer???????? Are you kidding me??? When it rains ? Then What? Now the survivors, may drown!!! WE Don't know?? Canadians dieing because of what?, paperwork!! These emergency personnel signed up for this! This Government is trying to tell me, as a Canadian, that its not safe?? When is it ever safe in a emergency??? This is the emergency services you get as a Canadian?? Pathetic. What happens when we get a decent size quake in Canada????
P.S Wait till Reactor 4 collapses over at Fukushima. Watch how fast they call that off!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister1k
When you think of it, really, Calling off the rescue makes no sense whatsoever!!!!!!! What are they waiting for??? To get safer???????? Are you kidding me??? When it rains ? Then What? Now the survivors, may drown!!! WE Don't know?? Canadians dieing because of what?, paperwork!! These emergency personnel signed up for this! This Government is trying to tell me, as a Canadian, that its not safe?? When is it ever safe in a emergency??? This is the emergency services you get as a Canadian?? Pathetic. What happens when we get a decent size quake in Canada????
P.S Wait till Reactor 4 collapses over at Fukushima. Watch how fast they call that off!

And pathetic you cant read through an entire post to realize what happened and why.

edit on 26-6-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I don't think those examples are necessary applicable. They weren't sure if there were any survivors, and if there were survivors they had no idea where to look, and the monumental task of digging through that rubble was incomparable.

In the OP, we have a shopping mall, moderately sized, with multiple survivors in a known location. They need to hurry up and get in there.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I understand, I sometimes too get angry when I read articles doing the same about Americans, which is mostly true, but there is our lil fringe society of decent people. I hereby extend my hand from America, to better our relations with you canadians. May our friendship last as long as the universe.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

They were applicable because several comments were made that first responders rushed into the Pile after 9/1, and didn't let anything stop them. They were just to show that EVERY rescue, whether people want to believe it or not can be stopped.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by iWantToBeelieve
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Yes they do, remember 9/11.

Now try and reply with some stubborn answer that doesnt rectify the fact you were wrong, and American firefighters do risk their lives, regardless.

I accept your apology.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what happened and it doesn't matter, why it happened! It happened!!,get on with it! Adapt overcome ,brainstorm, move your ass!!! Don't be !@#$% stupid. we don't need the sheeple effect or reaction. RH positive right?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This entire mess is the result of politics pure and simple.

The Ministry of Labour was the one who called off the rescue attempts last night. There was an international rescue team (big player during the Haiti earthquake) at the scene last night, they were told to leave.

Was listening to the radio driving home today, the president of that company was being interviewed...he said this is the first time that he was told he couldn't go in. He stated they have dealt with this before and they were confident in their abilities.

But here is the biggest kicker, and what pisses me off to no end. During 9/11 citizens helped get people out, in Japan even the elderly risked their lives to help out. Here in Canada, NO - WE THE GOVERNMENT will tell you if you can help. Bloody #ing pisses me off that some government dick can tell us what we can and can not do to help out our fellow man. f it was one of my relatives under the rubble, you can be damn sure I would be trying to get them out, regardless of what someone else said.

People are dieing because of politics, I AM COMPLETELY DISGUSTED.

edit:

Whoever stated the rescue crews didn't want to go in doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, the people of Elliot Lake had to storm the city hall to get the rescue operation started up again.
edit on 26-6-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
As far as I know the rescue is back on .. about the number of people in the rubble ?? From what I understood of the news is that 30 people are unacounted for ... in the city .. and since its a vacation spot some of those people could of just returned home in other places or left for other places and those not knowing are reporting them missing. The true number is unknown.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

This is off topic but I see you're online now so I just wanted to tell you your signature has touched me in a very deep and profound way. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
How would you gung-ho wannabe heroes feel if , during your uneducated and emotionally-driven attempts to rescue people you actually caused more harm than good and people died because of the results of your actions?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
UPDATE
The rescue has resumed after a 19 hour halt.
They've lost precious time now and some team doctor has indicated its unlikely anybody is still alive.
They say it's down to 12 unaccounted for, down from 30
Link

Can we please stop blaming Canada as a whole?
This is the provincial, not federal government In Ontario.
edit on 26-6-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join