It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prometheus 2012 - Yaaayyy more brainwashing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
If anything TPTB would want the masses to be religious as they are easier to control and manipulate.

Try getting a definition of religious - it doesn't have to have a physical church.
And you are already controlled - by your BELIEFS. You have your creation story - by your EVOLUTION. You have your moral ethics - tolerance of everything. Dude - the beast owns you.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
yea im tired of agenda's in movies also can you believe the idea behind this movie was the prequel to aliens....

sacrasm if you can't tell. Bro you are looking way to deep into things to be honest with you. If you think every movie has an agenda to it then im sorry man your not really living life. Has there ever been a movie with a hidden agenda in it?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Such a bad movie that if it's propaganda, it's propaganda for stupidity.

I mean, come on, the Geologist never looks at a rock. That is impossible. He goes to another planet and gets the chance to venture outside and he never picks up a rock? Not like any geologist I know.

I wasn't impressed with it at all, along with the subtle religious propaganda contained within.

Give me 'Bad Taste' any day. At least that had believable effects and a reasonable storyline.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: r2d246
Well even if you want to rule out all the evidence there is out there of a creator, we're still placing a bet on which religion or theory is going to be the right one in the end. So when you die there might be nothing. Maybe thats' "the end". Or maybe you get reincarnated which might be a surprise. Or maybe the muslims are right, or the buddists, or hindu's or whatever God or aliens or afterlife.

But I think so many people believe in the bible because it's has the most factual evidence. And also I think that when people focus on there gut instinct they can feel God and they know if there on the right path in life or not. So when I see a movie like this I tend to worry about those that are not sure or are confused already. Then they mght watch and actually believe this kind of crap as factual.

I agree with your first paragraph, but then you seem to digress from that in your second. For example, you state that the Bible has the most factual evidence. For what? For the historicity of Sumer or Egypt? There is NOT evidence for a 6000 year old Earth, for a world-wide flood, for a literal hell, or for people rising from the dead. So then all we are left with in the Bible is basic historical records injected in, that many other cultures also recorded.

Second, you refer to a gut instinct that "they can feel God." Okay, again, God does not = Christianity and God does not = Jehovah or Jesus. If someone has a gut instinct to seek God as you say, then most likely most people will end up just retreating back into their cultural heritage: Europeans and others retreating back into Christianity, Muslims to Muslims, Buddhists to Buddhists, etc. This, has been demonstrated through demographic research.

This is not to say that this disproves God or spirituality. But, my point is that a hankering towards spirituality is not an intuitive support of the Bible nor Christianity. In my case, I've never intuitively felt that the Bible nor orthodox Christianity had an accurate view of God, the universe, or theology. I have, however, felt deeply driven to seek truth and spirituality.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: r2d246

But beliefs in god are not brainwashing? Ok lol.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: GardenParty
I am re watching all my Laurel and hardy films for hidden messages and symbols.

Sheeple are sheeple, no mater what you put in front of them, the oldest device for control is telling someone there is a hell and your going to go too it if you dont do A,B and C.

Only the awakened can point and laugh and not be affected.

edit on 29-5-2014 by zeevar because: wibble

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
www.hiddenfromhumanity.com... ml#myvisitA little off from the current discussion. But from the OP there is no agenda in the film like many have stated it is just entertainment. what one pulls from a film is subjective. To add to the discussion I found a website that links the film to a conspiracy which focuses on similarities in the film. This is my first post so sorry if it's too long just trying to add to the greatness of the site.

I've recently come across a new conspiracy theory from a book in 2009, Transylvanian Sunrise. when published it caused a stir in the paranormal research community. The book chronicles a “discovery” under the Romanian Sphinx located in the Bucegi Mountains.

The book discusses a joint effort between the U.S. and Romanian governments to explore tunnels under the sphinx that lead to rooms that possessed advanced technology. Most of the world believes the book to be a work of fiction. However, there are a select few that claim the book is true and the two governments are hiding a find that would change mankind forever.
Is there any truth behind the Bucegi Mountain discovery?

Well, it is true there is a sphinx located in the mountains and it is true that the area contains a variety of caves and caverns; however, that is where the truth of Transylvanian Sunrise ends and the fiction begins.

Besides people just wanting to make money off a story. No evidence exists to prove such fantastical claims the book makes. What is very interesting however is some of the relations between the film Prometheus and the book published.

There's a website which shows an amateur making a trip up to Bucegi mountains and draws the parreles of the film and the book. It makes for a great read.

www.hiddenfromhumanity.com/bucegi-mountain-secrets/bucegi.html#myvisit

edit on 29-5-2014 by Cosmicsavage because: Link didn't work

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
But you would be ok with a religous propaganda movie?

If it isn't in line with your views, then it is stupid sheeple 3d?

Keep up the great work maybe you'll have a seat in heaven right next to Bloomberg, after all he deserves it and so do you.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think Prometheus was first and foremost entertainment, thats Hollywood's thing, obviously. But there has a been a LOT of debate back and forth from different camps about just what was meant to be unfolding, which came from the mind of Lost in Damon Lindelof; not one for tying loose ends together.

I think there is something in the obviousness of the lack of faith (or at least questioning it), the almost stupidity in going in blind which I think is intended to be concluded or at least set up for in the next film. Ridley Scott has reigned in the script process and wants to set the matters straight.
Or it could be I'm naive and have overthought it myself.

It IS subjective and pretty much any artform is. Try not to get yourself hung up over it and move on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join