It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter is Now Dissin' Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow... Jimmy Carter has called out Obama on his human rights and constitutional violations the same way we have here.

-drone strikes
-Guantanamo
-torture
-warrantless wiretapping
-NDAA

In addition to the drone strikes, Carter criticized the current president for keeping the Guantanamo Bay detention center open, where prisoners "have been tortured by waterboarding more than 100 times or intimidated with semiautomatic weapons, power drills or threats to sexually assault their mothers."

The former president blasted the government for allowing "unprecedented violations of our rights to privacy through warrantless wiretapping and government mining of our electronic communications." Want more off-the-cuff politics?

He also condemned recent legislation that gives the president the power to detain suspected terrorists indefinitely, although a federal judge blocked the law from taking effect for any suspects not affiliated with the September 11 terrorist attacks.

"This law violates the right to freedom of expression and to be presumed innocent until proved guilty, two other rights enshrined in the declaration," Carter said.

Source

First it was Bill Clinton, now Carter. And just four months before the election?

I think Bush Sr. and W. are the only two ex-Presidents who aren't criticizing the Obama regime.

Any thoughts on why the Dems seem to be turning on Obama? Could it be that Romney is more deeply connected to TPTB and the fix is in to throw Barry under the bus?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
More political circle jerking and atleast you're wearing shades. Don't get that poison in your eye!
edit on 25-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
More political circle jerking and atleast you're wearing shades. Don't get that poison in your eye!

Why would you take the time to make such a vapid and crude comment in the political forum? What point were you trying to make?

Does it offend you that another ex-Democrat President is dissin' Obama?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Takes a crappy Potus to know one altho Clintons motives are trying to get Hillary in to the White House, and that can not be accomplished with Obama gets another 4 more.

Carter well do not like him,Clnton or Obama think they all were lousy presidents.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

Dude! Seriously? Have something to say on topic or say this out loud to the walls around you. Please keep this kind of disrespect to yourself, adults are attempting to have a conversation.

Thanks for bring this up OP

Cheers

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Why would you take the time to make such a vapid and crude comment in the political forum? What point were you trying to make?

Does it offend you that another ex-Democrat President is dissin' Obama?

No, it's offensive to humanity that you put weight behind stories like this. Carter is a joke and so is homeboi

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
reply to post by HamrHeed

Dude! Seriously? Have something to say on topic or say this out loud to the walls around you. Please keep this kind of disrespect to yourself, adults are attempting to have a conversation.

Thanks for bring this up OP
Cheers

Ok! I'm listening to the adults talk and they're not saying too much! Maybe I'm at the wrong nursery
edit on 25-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: dit

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Isn't Carter more liberal than Obama is or has ruled?

Good find OP! Obama will have record low numbers this time around!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I would celebrate but I don't care for Carter either.

On a serious note, it seems that some dems are jumping the Obama ship. Makes you wonder if they think it is sinking as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I think Carter also said that Romney wouldnt be any different than Obama....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Are you thinking that its a possible start of a groundswell for the Dems.....?
Its an entirely perceptive thought.....suppose they do know Barry is a bummer the numbers tell the story....
Who do you think they are cranking up to fix Barrys little wagon?
The undercurrents may be about to pull somebody unexpected to the surface?
I cant think of a name that "works" for America though.....who could they trot out ?
Naw it couldnt be HILLARY could it?
edit on 25-6-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think Obama wants O-U-T.

He and Michelle will make 10's of millions of dollars on the lecture, TV, and book circuit.
Maybe even some movies and a mini-series.

Staying in Washington will not get them as rich as they want to be.

Their sponsors and agents are getting nervous.

They will not be subject to criticisms as much. And they will get paid better when they are subject.

Their careers on the limelight circuit could easily last 20 years.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It's because Obama is so far Right. People can't seem to grasp the fact that the (D) or (R) after a politicians name doesn't really mean squat. And Righties can't seem to get that Obama has been batting for their team, which is hilarious.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
It's because Obama is so far Right. People can't seem to grasp the fact that the (D) or (R) after a politicians name doesn't really mean squat. And Righties can't seem to get that Obama has been batting for their team, which is hilarious.

Yes,

Obama is so far Right that he is holding hands on the hidden dark side of the globe with the extreme Leftists !!

It's all circular, not linear.

Obama is an international Marxist / Corporatist.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What the hell is Jimmy Carter so upset about?

Maybe it's because his second term is worse than his first?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Uh huh...
According to Breitbrat, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Obama definitely wants out. I think he has already bowed to Romney, especially if the builderbeg thing holds any water. Just look at his poor almost non-existent campaign.You can even see it in his body language. They know republicans will be out in full force to get this guy gone. They know that Obama is tired and weak, and incompetent! If Jimmy Carter is saying this, you know it's bad!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Obama definitely wants out. I think he has already bowed to Romney, especially if the builderbeg thing holds any water. Just look at his poor almost non-existent campaign.You can even see it in his body language. They know republicans will be out in full force to get this guy gone. They know that Obama is tired and weak, and incompetent! If Jimmy Carter is saying this, you know it's bad!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

Any thoughts on why the Dems seem to be turning on Obama? Could it be that Romney is more deeply connected to TPTB and the fix is in to throw Barry under the bus?

NO, they are throwing him under the bus because they finally figured out what he is and what he really stands for.

They just want him to slip into obscurity, before the American public realizes he is a poser, a con man, who used the liberal agenda to get elected.

edit on 093030p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Carter is just jealous. Until Obama came along, Jimmy held the title for worst president ever. Now the title goes to Obama and Carter doesn't want to give up the crown.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join