It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Exclusive: Al-Qaida trains Norwegian to attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

AP Exclusive: Al-Qaida trains Norwegian to attack

hosted.ap.org

By KARL RITTER
Associated Press
STOCKHOLM (AP) -- A Norwegian man has received terrorist training from al-Qaida's offshoot in Yemen and is awaiting orders to carry out an attack on the West, officials from three European security agencies told The Associated Press on Monday.

Western intelligence officials have long feared such a scenario - a convert to Islam who is trained in terrorist methods and can blend in easily in Europe and the United States, traveling without visa restrictions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hmm This is interesting! Depending on how you feel about Al Qaeda (and by that I mean the origins of the group and their real allegiance etc) there could be many different view points on this story!

Apparently the officials say this man has completed his training in Yemen and is 'operational'.

Potential target?
According to the Officials (confirmed in two european countries),

"We believe he is operational and he is probably about to get his target," one security official said. "And that target is probably in the West."

The West!

Ok, now does that mean say.. London? How long till those game start again?

Or the US.. as they mention in the story.. apparently he's squeeky clean too,

"Not even a parking ticket," he said. "He's completely clean and he can travel anywhere."

The official would not specify what preventive measures were being taken but said "there is a well-established relationship between Western security services, and they share the information needed to prevent terrorism."

Or it could be almost anywhere.. 'The west' is pretty vague. So far there are no other details and they refused to comment on how they know he is operational.

So.. False flag? A set-up story for an imminent attack? A true Jihadist attacking for pure religious reasons? etc etc

Thoughts?

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6/25/2012 by Nspekta because: eta, etc

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

With all due respect. This also is interesting in the matter of who "owns" the Associated Press and what it may be "used" for.

The fact is, if there is to be an attack we need be vigilant... this is obvious.

However, we can no longer allow the media or our governments to tell us in advance "who they are" because they have proven to be manipulators of information and weavers of tales to motivate acquiescence to their goals... which it appears - often involves war, pain, death, horror, "terror," and of course our undivided attention.....

I will not be one to say they are lying - a) because they may be 'urging' him (or her) along and enabling their intended aims... they could decide to let it go and "use" the crisis to their advantage... or "thwart it" and show their awesome effectiveness..

and b) they might not be lying.

Among all the tools these "leaders" have used to control us... their ability to cause fear via "news" is the most troubling.

I presume that now a discussion of Islam and Radicalism, as well as "Al Qaida" will ensue.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I agree.

WHY would they give up this "information" ?

Who benefits? Clearly not Al-Qaida.............

The cat is out of the bag.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If they know who he is, why don't they just tail him or stop him and that's it?

If they don't know who the guy is then they are sensationalists... If they know who he is and they do nothing they are aiding Al Qaida...

If they are saying that a Norwegian is trained by Yemeni Al Qaida, they must know who he is... This story is either propaganda, or a setup for something else...

But the latest case involves a man in his 30s with no immigrant background, the officials said. After converting to Islam in 2008, he quickly became radicalized and traveled to Yemen to receive terror training, one of the officials said. The man spent "some months" in Yemen and is still believed to be there, he said.

Come on! They know who he is, they will let him act and then blame Al Qaida...
edit on 12/6/25 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

I was thinking the same, they know his name but won't release it. Why not alert the local police and citizens? "awaiting further orders" fom WHO is the question.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

Waiting for another justification for "defense spending"... Or "tougher laws"...

I'm in law enforcement and I don't mind tough laws at all... I just don't like when they are artificially created to fill a faked/created need...

This is a perfect example of the "problem, reaction, solution" equation...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007------>>Come on! They know who he is, they will let him act and then blame Al Qaida...

According to Norwegian law nobody can touch him unless they can come up with solid evidence of terror planning, or preparation.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I wouldn't be worried. By the amount of information that has been released I'm sure they've got a tight grip on the situation. Expect it to unfold like the last foiled plot, there are plenty of moles and spies to stop this from happening.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Then they would know what name is on the ID they find after the attack on london.If they say it now someone might stop him.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ivar_Karlsen

Originally posted by Magnum007------>>Come on! They know who he is, they will let him act and then blame Al Qaida...

According to Norwegian law nobody can touch him unless they can come up with solid evidence of terror planning, or preparation.

Then they should follow him so closely that he can feel the officer's breath on his neck...

It would make him think twice...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by Nspekta

With all due respect. This also is interesting in the matter of who "owns" the Associated Press and what it may be "used" for.

The fact is, if there is to be an attack we need be vigilant... this is obvious.

However, we can no longer allow the media or our governments to tell us in advance "who they are" because they have proven to be manipulators of information and weavers of tales to motivate acquiescence to their goals... which it appears - often involves war, pain, death, horror, "terror," and of course our undivided attention.....

I will not be one to say they are lying - a) because they may be 'urging' him (or her) along and enabling their intended aims... they could decide to let it go and "use" the crisis to their advantage... or "thwart it" and show their awesome effectiveness..

and b) they might not be lying.

Among all the tools these "leaders" have used to control us... their ability to cause fear via "news" is the most troubling.

I presume that now a discussion of Islam and Radicalism, as well as "Al Qaida" will ensue.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

I agree completely And the more likely scenario is that a false flag operation is going to happen and this is the patsy they will use. To be a tad more synical I would suggest they already have him in custody waiting to place him on the scene . The Olympics come to mind .

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Here is an MSM article i found, from June 25th..
I still think that this is possibly a slow-starting set-up for a potential false flag.
I hope not! But like I've said before, its a possibility!

ABC News

A Norwegian man who received terrorist training in Yemen is "operational" and is likely awaiting instructions to attack Western targets, according to a report by The Associated Press, which was confirmed by an ABC News intelligence source.

The AP reported today that officials from three European security agencies said that the man, who was not identified, is in his 30s, a convert to Islam and had completed training from the al Qaeda offshoot AQAP. One of the officials said the man was believed to still be in Yemen, but said that he has no criminal record and would be able to move freely across borders.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
They always need the next 'Scare Tactic'

they need people fearing 'Terrorist', 9-11 could be the Last False Flag the US truly need,

new topics

top topics

join