page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Yaaaaaaayyyyy!! I LOVE that show!

Slapstick is kinda boring, I like the inside jokes on TBB that most folks don't really get

They were talking about the possibility that some funding could go to the Arts instead of the Sciences at the University, Sheldon's response was "Oh, the Humanities!!"
LOVED it!

"Inside jokes", the exact reason why TBBT is so popular.

"LOL NERDY joke! OMG THAT JOKE IS SO FUNNY I SOOO GET THAT!! THAT MUST MEAN I AM A HUGE NERD XD I AM SO SPECIAL!!"

The "humor" from TBBT derives from the characters being "nerdy", and the audience either believes that they themselves are nerdy as well and laugh because they think they can relate, or the audience laughs because they enjoy laughing at "nerds".

Then you have the laugh track which is used in a Pavlovesque way to make the audience think that the things being said are hilarious, when in fact they clearly aren't.

Also the show is just facking stupid. The writers clearly don't even know what they're talking about when they try make "smart" or "nerdy" jokes (poorly coded emulator XDDD). Real physicists and engineers don't sit around playing video games. Real "nerds" don't play Call of Duty or Halo (or even act in any way similar to the characters on the show).

The show is awful. It is made for the absolute lowest common denominator of society. Any show that still uses a freaking laugh track is clearly awful and should be avoided.

If you enjoy this show you are the mindless and tasteless cancer that is killing the entertainment industry.

Edit: If you think you're "intelligent" because you watch TBBT or get the "jokes" on TBBT you should probably kill yourself now, because you are the scum of society.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

You need to have a little chat with your Election Campaign Manager - If I didn't know any better (and judging by this comment of yours I don't) I would say you have a personal issue with:
1. Purplechiten.
2. The Big Bang Theory
3. Anyone who likes the BBT

For goodness sake - its a TV show. You don't like it but can outline episode plots in one single post - right down to the actual video games they "apparently" play.

Take a look at the title of your OP then take a look at your comments to purplechiten.

Come on - tell us what is really bothering you?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

He can't tell when I'm being ironic.

Apparently my post-modern Nosredography style of typing is 3 deep 5 u.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

That response is definitely 3 deep 5 me and I don't profess to be on your intellectual level so break it down for me please.

3 girls, 1 computer, "your post", "me", laughing.

Are you an actual Sheldon Cooper?

I thought purplechiten was but now I'm confused

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by PurpleChiten

"Soft kitty, little ball of fur".....that was very funny....

LOVE that too!!!
BAZINGA!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Thats it - I'm sold - tell me where and when to vote and you've got mine.

Keep up the great posts matey

Thanks!!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Yaaaaaaayyyyy!! I LOVE that show!

Slapstick is kinda boring, I like the inside jokes on TBB that most folks don't really get

They were talking about the possibility that some funding could go to the Arts instead of the Sciences at the University, Sheldon's response was "Oh, the Humanities!!"
LOVED it!

"Inside jokes", the exact reason why TBBT is so popular.

"LOL NERDY joke! OMG THAT JOKE IS SO FUNNY I SOOO GET THAT!! THAT MUST MEAN I AM A HUGE NERD XD I AM SO SPECIAL!!"

The "humor" from TBBT derives from the characters being "nerdy", and the audience either believes that they themselves are nerdy as well and laugh because they think they can relate, or the audience laughs because they enjoy laughing at "nerds".

Then you have the laugh track which is used in a Pavlovesque way to make the audience think that the things being said are hilarious, when in fact they clearly aren't.

Also the show is just facking stupid. The writers clearly don't even know what they're talking about when they try make "smart" or "nerdy" jokes (poorly coded emulator XDDD). Real physicists and engineers don't sit around playing video games. Real "nerds" don't play Call of Duty or Halo (or even act in any way similar to the characters on the show).

The show is awful. It is made for the absolute lowest common denominator of society. Any show that still uses a freaking laugh track is clearly awful and should be avoided.

If you enjoy this show you are the mindless and tasteless cancer that is killing the entertainment industry.

Edit: If you think you're "intelligent" because you watch TBBT or get the "jokes" on TBBT you should probably kill yourself now, because you are the scum of society.

Counterexample:
I'm a "Real Physicist" and I enjoy it quite a bit!
I also enjoy video games a great deal and the characters relate quite a bit to my group of friends

Check and Mate

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Soon.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Nosred

That response is definitely 3 deep 5 me and I don't profess to be on your intellectual level so break it down for me please.

3 girls, 1 computer, "your post", "me", laughing.

Are you an actual Sheldon Cooper?

I thought purplechiten was but now I'm confused

nah, you're well above his/her intellectual level. Nothing more then a teeny-bopper who likes to use text language and increase the number/letter similarities by n+1

His/her character would probably be much more reflective of Kramar from Seinfeld or the blond girl on Friends

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

nah, you're well above his/her intellectual level.

It's pretty obvious that I'm more intelligent than you.

I'm a "Real Physicist" and I enjoy it quite a bit! I also enjoy video games a great deal and the characters relate quite a bit to my group of friends

Are you a PhD holder/university professor like the characters in the show? No?

Yeah, if you were you'd be too #ing busy to play lameass games like Halo.

Also lel at "the characters relate to my group of friends". Yeah, you're the target audience alright. Does watching TBBT make you feel "special" and "smarter than other people"?

"LOL THEY PLAY VIDEO GAMES AND I PLAY VIDEO GAMES TOO!!1!! I'M SUCH A NERD LOL XDDDD"

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You crack me up - big time

Its like I've stepped into the twilight zone reading those replies by nosred.

Never mind, you will always be Sheldon to me anyway mate.

Prehaps nosred is Leonards mum with that same "out-of-control" sense of humor and comments that are as subtle as a brick - like the retort just posted regarding your intelligence
edit on 26-6-2012 by Sublimecraft because: too many "justs"

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Don't get me wrong here. There's nothing wrong with liking The Big Bang Theory provided that you've never heard of The IT Crowd and you have no personality or critical thinking skills.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is the weirdest goddamn thead I've ever seen.

...and what the hell are we supposed to be voting for. I'm completely lost. Shoud I be baked? I can make that happen....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

ATS Regent.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by ElOmen
reply to post by Nosred

Will u come over for my birthday party?

Purrty please,

This depends on the type of cake you'll be serving.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Don't take this the wrong way either. As Captain of an LNG tanker, let me assure you I have acute critical thinking skills, amongst other attributes. Being in charge of 20 men's souls and $240,000,000 worth of technology for months on end means the likes of Chevron, Woodside and BHP Billiton are happy with me as well - I do not have a PhD. My industry does not offer one. I do, however, have the highest qualifications available in the industry - Master Mariner (Master Class 1 unlimited). My skill-set requires me to have a balance of lateral thinking, physical prowess, social skills and intellect.

Now that I have come clean my friend, how about reciprocating.

Whats really on your mind - seriously? and don't tell me its the bloody BBT because thats a cop-out for a response.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Possibly it's not your "post" those girls are laughing at either...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

nah, you're well above his/her intellectual level.

It's pretty obvious that I'm more intelligent than you.

Nope

I'm a "Real Physicist" and I enjoy it quite a bit! I also enjoy video games a great deal and the characters relate quite a bit to my group of friends

Are you a PhD holder/university professor like the characters in the show? No?

YES!!!!

Yeah, if you were you'd be too (snip) busy to play lameass games like Halo.

You'd be surprised...

Also lel at "the characters relate to my group of friends". Yeah, you're the target audience alright. Does watching TBBT make you feel "special" and "smarter than other people"?

Nope, it allows me to see the humorous side of my career

"LOL THEY PLAY VIDEO GAMES AND I PLAY VIDEO GAMES TOO!!1!! I'M SUCH A NERD LOL XDDDD"

"nerd" implies intelligence, perhaps "dork" would be more up your alley? .... just sayin...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Nosred

Don't take this the wrong way either. As Captain of an LNG tanker, let me assure you I have acute critical thinking skills, amongst other attributes. Being in charge of 20 men's souls and $240,000,000 worth of technology for months on end means the likes of Chevron, Woodside and BHP Billiton are happy with me as well - I do not have a PhD. My industry does not offer one. I do, however, have the highest qualifications available in the industry - Master Mariner (Master Class 1 unlimited). My skill-set requires me to have a balance of lateral thinking, physical prowess, social skills and intellect.

Now that I have come clean my friend, how about reciprocating.

Whats really on your mind - seriously? and don't tell me its the bloody BBT because thats a cop-out for a response.

You're HOWARD!!! Boldly go Howard Walowitz!!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This thread in a pieshell:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

LOL - that is so true and I never even thought of it like that until now.

I'll proudly wear that name my friend, Howard it is. About right too, started off as a female repellent and ends up being the first to be married out of all of his friends.

At least my mum sounds better than his when she speaks and I have a better hair style too, other than that ur spot on - again

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join