posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
3...... 2....... 1......... BZZZZT

15 minutes of "fame" is up.

L8R T8R!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

You're just offended because I called you stupid for liking The Big Bang Theory.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

You're just offended because I called you stupid for liking The Big Bang Theory.

Well what television programming do you enjoy Nosred?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

Well if you're talking sitcoms I enjoy: Peep Show, Father Ted, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Spaced, Arrested Development, Party Down, Blackadder, the list could go on.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Well if you're talking sitcoms I enjoy: Peep Show, Father Ted, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Spaced, Arrested Development, Party Down, Blackadder, the list could go on.

Would you not agree that the American and British sense of humour are greatly different from one another?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Not entirely, there's a massive difference between good sitcoms and terribad sitcoms though.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

I like your wit and sense of humor, and that is an asset to any party.

I will seriously consider voting for you, unless of course under investigation it should come out that you have strong associations with those of the 'creep factor".
edit on 25-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: If you are reading this..you have way too much time on your hands ..lol

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

I believe the difference between the two countries sense of humour to be reasonably massive. You simply have a different sense of humour than many Americans. This in no way makes one superior than another, just different because you were raised with different tastes.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Nosred

I believe the difference between the two countries sense of humour to be reasonably massive. You simply have a different sense of humour than many Americans. This in no way makes one superior than another, just different because you were raised with different tastes.

I have to agree with him, the British sense of humor is superior , and Big Bang is stupid.

I'm not British either.

Don't take it personal , please..I just really hate that show.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

No, it's really the same. But with different accents. Like, two articles of clothing are both T-shirts, but of different colours.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Nosred

Like, half the shows I listed were American. TBBT is just an awful show made for people to go "OMG I've played Halo before too!!!1! I'm such a nerd lol!"

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Nosred

Like, half the shows I listed were American. TBBT is just an awful show made for people to go "OMG I've played Halo before too!!!1! I'm such a nerd lol!"

As I do not waste my time watching television programming since all of it is for numbing the mind and not stimulating it I would not know that half of those shows were American programming...

I had to utilize google to get a grasp on what you all were even speaking of...But that is beside the point. The point is you obviously have differing tastes and one persons taste is never superior to another. Just different.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

As I do not waste my time watching television programming since all of it is for numbing the mind and not stimulating it I would not know that half of those shows were American programming...

Actually there are some very stimulating programs on TV, and some are just entertainment, sort of what like ATS can be to some.

If you're saying that spending time here, is much more stimulating than all TV programs, and you are "better" than the rest of the mind numbed numskulls who watch TV, it does make me wonder why you would choose Big Bang Theory.

I agree with you that everyone has different tastes, but I for one think that the British have a keen sense of humor and wit.

Monty Python movies are some of my favs, and I do appreciate their humor .

edit on 26-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Nosred

Honestly I believe that is opposite to the spirit of these election processes. Decorum and civility would be in order. I would ask you not try and ruin everything for the rest of us.

Freedom of speech, democracy, would the romneyites please leave planet earth they are ruining the process for the paulites.
pffffft, get over it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Sorry mate - gotta go with my friend, the witty purple bird, on this one.

Lucky its only my opinion otherwise you might open up a can of "whoop-ass" on me.

Yours Sincerely
Potential voter

edit on 26-6-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-6-2012 by Sublimecraft because: I.T cluster @#$&

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by Nosred

Sorry mate - gotta go with my friend, the witty purple bird, on this one.

Lucky its only my opinion otherwise you might open up a can of "whoop-ass" on me.

Yours Sincerely
Potential voter

edit on 26-6-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-6-2012 by Sublimecraft because: I.T cluster @#$&

Yaaaaaaayyyyy!! I LOVE that show!

Slapstick is kinda boring, I like the inside jokes on TBB that most folks don't really get

They were talking about the possibility that some funding could go to the Arts instead of the Sciences at the University, Sheldon's response was "Oh, the Humanities!!"
LOVED it!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

"Soft kitty, little ball of fur".....that was very funny....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Thats it - I'm sold - tell me where and when to vote and you've got mine.

Keep up the great posts matey

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Glad to see at least some of us are musically inclined. Thanks for posting, it's a great song.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Yaaaaaaayyyyy!! I LOVE that show!

Slapstick is kinda boring, I like the inside jokes on TBB that most folks don't really get

They were talking about the possibility that some funding could go to the Arts instead of the Sciences at the University, Sheldon's response was "Oh, the Humanities!!"
LOVED it!

"Inside jokes", the exact reason why TBBT is so popular.

"LOL NERDY joke! OMG THAT JOKE IS SO FUNNY I SOOO GET THAT!! THAT MUST MEAN I AM A HUGE NERD XD I AM SO SPECIAL!!"

The "humor" from TBBT derives from the characters being "nerdy", and the audience either believes that they themselves are nerdy as well and laugh because they think they can relate, or the audience laughs because they enjoy laughing at "nerds".

Then you have the laugh track which is used in a Pavlovesque way to make the audience think that the things being said are hilarious, when in fact they clearly aren't.

Also the show is just facking stupid. The writers clearly don't even know what they're talking about when they try make "smart" or "nerdy" jokes (poorly coded emulator XDDD). Real physicists and engineers don't sit around playing video games. Real "nerds" don't play Call of Duty or Halo (or even act in any way similar to the characters on the show).

The show is awful. It is made for the absolute lowest common denominator of society. Any show that still uses a freaking laugh track is clearly awful and should be avoided.

If you enjoy this show you are the mindless and tasteless cancer that is killing the entertainment industry.

Edit: If you think you're "intelligent" because you watch TBBT or get the "jokes" on TBBT you should probably kill yourself now, because you are the scum of society.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join