It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why New Agers are "Spiritually Dead" and not "Enlightened"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

It is never pleasant to face the possibility that what we have believed most of our lives has been a lie.

I believe, if I recall correctly, from his posts here, that he's a noob Christian....
one of the recently converted late-adolescents/young-adults that hang out here from time to time.

No worries. Their judgment capacity is not fully formed yet (frontal lobes aren't mature until mid-20s at the earliest...for some, not until in their 30s)....when they finish growing up they'll be more able to embrace critical thinking and open-mindedness. They will likely look back on their proseletyzing and self-rightousness with embarrassment. It takes the humility of wisdom to say "I do not know".

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Well RevelationGeneration as Christian as you claim to be, I hate to break it to you but everyone is an atheist including you. I just choose to believe in one god less than you do.

IRM

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

These links should get you started. But note that a few links will not give you a complete picture. Only research will do that. Though if you are anything like I was when I was a Christian, it won't matter anyway. They will be all lies, and the work of the devil himself. Nevertheless...

Sixteen Saviors Crucified...
10 Christ-like Figures...

Note also that making a distinction that Jesus specifically died "for his followers" does not add credence nor weight to the Christian argument. Nor does it lessen the many historical parallels between Jesus and those who pre-dated him.

So, Krishna died from a fatal wound to the foot by an arrow? I guess he didn't die for his followers because it was an accident?

At a festival, a fight broke out between the Yadavas, who killed each other. His elder brother, Balarama, then gave up his body using Yoga. Krishna retired into the forest and started meditating under a tree. The Mahabharata also narrates the story of a hunter who kills Krishna. The hunter Jara, mistook Krishna's partly visible left foot for that of a deer, and shot an arrow wounding and killing him mortally. Krishna's soul then ascended to heaven, while his mortal body was cremated by Arjuna. After Krishna's death it is known that the Kali yugam has started.

en.wikipedia.org...

and then it continues on...

According to Puranic sources, Krishna's disappearance marks the end of Dvapara Yuga and the start of Kali Yuga, which is dated to February 17/18, 3102 BCE. Vaishnava teachers such as Ramanujacharya and Gaudiya Vaishnavas held the view that the body of Krishna is completely spiritual and never decays as this appears to be the perspective of the Bhagavata Purana. Krishna never appears to grow old or age at all in the historical depictions of the Puranas despite passing of several decades, but there are grounds for a debate whether this indicates that he has no material body, since battles and other descriptions of the Mahabhārata epic show clear indications that he seems to be subject to the limitations of nature. While battles apparently seem to indicate limitations, Mahabharatha also shows in many places where Krishna is not subject to any limitations as through episodes Duryodhana trying to arrest Krishna where his body burst into fire showing all creation within him. Krishna is also explicitly described as without deterioration elsewhere.

So, on one hand we show him as mortal having been cremated and now we have sources claiming he may never have had a physical body? Was he a spirit that only manifested into a man on occasion?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Klassified

Yeah, what's up with that, Klassified?

I actually love having you in Christian threads because you know more about the Bible than most people and I always feel like you're actually helping to further our cause in a backward kind of way! LOL!

So, tell me what happened to make you change your mind.

Rather than totally derail RG's thread. I've been considering a thread on this topic in the next few days. It will answer your question.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

So, on one hand we show him as mortal having been cremated and now we have sources claiming he may never have had a physical body? Was he a spirit that only manifested into a man on occasion?

This is the one caveat about some of these ancient stories. From my perspective, many of the writers were less concerned about historical accuracy, and more concerned about the allegory or spiritual significance of an incident. In Krishna's case, the writers seemed more concerned with showing that Krishna was at once, god and man, than meticulously recounting the incidents in his life. This makes it tough to form a fluid history of him.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

I also think the Bible said...

"Judge not lest ye be judged"

And the judgmental tone of this post; I don't think will lead anyone to salvation. To mean spirited imo.

He's not judging, he is warning and even the apostles did such. We are the watchmen on the towers, it is our birthright to cry warning. If we do not your blood is on our hands. He is correct New Age is devoid of the bread of life and those that partake of it will die. The very second the Messiah reappears you will be judged and it will be too late. All men have as many chances as they draw breaths to repent (ask forgiveness of Christ and stop doing those things) and seek his face till they die, however long or short that is, who can say? All the more imperative that they do so when they are warned.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I knew from the moment I read your title that you were a Christian. Also, describe in your mind, what is new age? Because Christians seem to generalize many things and lump them all together as new age out of ignorance. Also, telling people they are dead probably won't win them over to Jesus. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

He is most definitely judging. And according to scriptures such as John chapter 7, he has every right to judge circumstances and actions, just not people.

It may not be expedient, or helpful in winning anyone over, but he hasn't overstepped his boundaries.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

This is the one caveat about some of these ancient stories. From my perspective, many of the writers were less concerned about historical accuracy, and more concerned about the allegory or spiritual significance of an incident. In Krishna's case, the writers seemed more concerned with showing that Krishna was at once, god and man, than meticulously recounting the incidents in his life. This makes it tough to form a fluid history of him.

Is it really the "spiritual significance" that Krishna promotes?

Up to now, man’s mind has thought of and looked at life in fragments – and thought dialectically. The religious man denies the body and accepts the soul. And what is worse, he creates a conflict, a dichotomy between the body and spirit. He denies this world, he accepts the other world, and thus creates a state of hostility between the two. Naturally our life is going to be sad and miserable if we deny the body, because all our life’s juice – its health and vitality, its sensitivities and beauty, all its music – has its source in the body. So a religion that denies and denounces the body is bound to be anemic and ill, it has to be lackluster. Such a religion is going to be as pale and lifeless as a dry leaf fallen from a tree. And the people who follow such a religion, who allow themselves to be influenced and conditioned by it, will be as anemic and prone to death as these leaves are.

He accepts life in all its facets, in all its climates and colors. He alone does not choose he accepts life unconditionally. He does not shun love; being a man he does not run away from women. As one who has known and experienced God, he alone does not turn his face from war. He is full of love and compassion, and yet he has the courage to accept and fight a war. His heart is utterly non violent, yet he plunges into the fire and fury of violence when it becomes unavoidable. He accepts the nectar, and yet he is not afraid of poison.

www.messagefrommasters.com...

Krishna had 16,108 wives/slaves(?)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

and are you getting this from the bible? yeah because thats a good source, no group or men deciding what go's in and how its worded.

as to new agers, if there beliefs are harmless let them be.
btw they dont believe that they are gods as such but that everyone has part of the divine spark in them, since we where made in gods image.

IMO
edit on 26-6-2012 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

My reference to "spiritual significance", and "allegory" in that post was from the perspective of some writers, past and present. And in specific, aimed at his "god-man" status, not his overrall teaching. Interesting link you found. I didn't know the Hindu's had a word that long ago that would translate to our modern word "dialectic". That merits some looking into.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Friend, you preach a nice sermon, but it is based on your readings and interpretation, not true experience of you and your soul, thus you are more trapped by words than not. I am of no mans religion and I have seen and experienced my soul on more than one occasion and believe me, it is not dead. However, sadly it experiences our pain but there is a higher power that is there for us. Keep it simple for we don't have the answers in the here and now.

The first time I saw my soul, it was this diamond shaped light body, full of love and humor, the second time it mirrored my pain.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

Probably because Jesus stated that "WE ARE ALL HIS CHILDREN" Thats how.

You know that arrogance is a carnal sin right?

Actually, not all people are his children. That is a New Age fallacy leading towards ecumenism. If you're not a believer in him you are not one of his. Yeshua mentions this in John 8.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Klassified

Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken

Do you care to elaborate? I don't know what you are talking about. As far as the meaning of the scripture you posted above, it is stating that they are the ones that God chose to bring His word in order to spread it throughout the world. They were the ones chosen to spread the message, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

It all boils down to one of two choices. The man you call Christ was no doubt a very wise man, but he was a man, not a God. He told people, "Follow me." So, here are the choices:

1. Either follow and be a God in your own right.
2. Make the man into a God and just worship him as one.

Which of these have Christians done?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by TechUnique

ur not the first, but from what i learned as kid in the church(of witch im no longer affiliated when you write Gods name you must capitalize it, or your disrespecting god

When you capitalize the word, you make it a proper title. The word is actually a job description, is it not? It is even written in your book his name is 4 letters, not three.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

It all boils down to one of two choices. The man you call Christ was no doubt a very wise man, but he was a man, not a God. He told people, "Follow me." So, here are the choices:

1. Either follow and be a God in your own right.
2. Make the man into a God and just worship him as one.

Which of these have Christians done?

There was only one choice in the Bible, not two.

We could follow Jesus and become one with God through the Holy Spirit.

The Bible doesn't give us the option to be a god in our own right. That's why he struck down the prince and king of Tyrus/Tyre, thinking that they could become as high as God.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

There was only one choice in the Bible, not two.

We could follow Jesus and become one with God through the Holy Spirit.

The Bible doesn't give us the option to be a god in our own right. That's why he struck down the prince and king of Tyrus/Tyre, thinking that they could become as high as God.

In other words, jealousy. Something He also admits to Himself;

I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected--even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

That is true, but I do not set the Bible up as the Ultimate Truth and Word of Deity like some do. To me, and yes, I have read it, studied it, and looked up the meaning of many words used in it, that it is a collection of myths and fables designed to confuse and control a people. I am not one of those whom Christian Dogma has control over. You should know that, having read me plenty of times before.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We are all a part of God... God is not outside of us, we are inside of it. We were created in its image to be companions and co-creators. As his children, becoming gods is our birthright. I do agree that you need to let the spirit work through you first so that the goodness can be made manifest, give up your free will for ego and flesh in exchange for God's will of love. But people cannot truly separate themselves from God, it is part of all of us. Separation is only an illusion. When these so called "new agers" say they are Gods, what we are really being taught to do is embrace the divine that is within us. People are not really dead, they're given eternity to find their way back to source.

"He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." John 14:12

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Yes, I understand that about you.

I'm guessing that you're still practicing Wicca at this time, based on the post in your signature line?

Some of the questions and links you posted look interesting. I'm going to have to check it out in more detail.

You never cease to disappoint when it comes to reading alternative views! I love picking your brain regardless of what you believe!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join