It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why New Agers are "Spiritually Dead" and not "Enlightened"

page: 4
8
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


So Jesus was into ancient pagan pantheist mysticism even though he condemned such things?

Makes sense... Not




posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by fallow the light
 


1. Jesus spoke of a lake of fire in revelation.
2. Catholic Purgatory is a Lie!
3. Their is a hell.


If the Bible is the word of God and is so great that all men should follow it without question then why does it contain over 3000 contradictions? 1500 in the 4 Gospels alone?
If a student wrote a test paper with a fraction of that many contradictions they would get an F.
So why would any sain person put their faith in a book like that?
Why would any rationally thinking God expect man to put his faith in such a book?
edit on 25-6-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by BlueMule
 


Christ is the Messiah the Jews were waiting for in the old testament but failed to recognize his coming.

Yeshua Ha'Mashiach or Jesus of Nazereth is the Christ, son of God.

My exoteric milk tells me the apostles of Jesus were fundamentalist orthodox.

Meaning they actually believed the scriptures and the one true God. If your going to use such labels then tell me why I should not be a fundamentalist orthodox if that's what you wish to call me.
edit on 25-6-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)


I thought that Christians were supposed to "Witness" for Christ. Do you think this ego driven arrogant rant is what Christ had in mind as "Witnessing"???

Perhaps a review of Proverbs 16:18 might help...
edit on 25-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal
 


No that is not what the Bible says, try reading it instead of copy & pasting rubbish like that from atheist sites.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration
 




Jesus Christ is the most spiritual person in existence


I nearly did a spit-take. Please, where is there any good evidence that Jesus even existed? There are literally no accounts of Jesus that survive which were written during his lifetime. Only decades after his supposed life do we get the first gospels and those written in Greek by non-eyewitnesses. Even more ridiculous is the implication of your statement, that Jesus still exists.



Are you connecting with the ultimate source of all fulfillment and spirituality or are you being short changed?


Speaking as a former Christian I can say without reservation that there is nothing all that fulfilling about trying to connect with God or deluding yourself into thinking that you are somehow incomplete without the supernatural. Christianity, which itself has become increasingly nebulous and similar to New Age beliefs in that regard, often portrays Jesus as the only thing that can fill the "emptiness" within us. From experience however Christianity, by offering answers but no explanations, only deepens a sense of emptiness that it itself helps to create. The religion infects you with a disease (you are a wretched sinner living an empty life) and then sells you the cure (but Jesus loves you and can fill the emptiness). The most fulfilling part of Christianity isn't self-delusion regarding life after death or supposed saviors but instead the sense of community and warmth, the friendships that can develop in a congregation.



On the contrary, it is the culmination of ancient pagan pantheist mysticism.


Among other things. New Age is what might be defined as a Hodge-Podge belief system where almost anything can be incorporated, including elements of Christianity. But then one could make similar arguments about Christianity since the Bible mentions dragons, necromancy (talking to the dead), astrology (Wise men follow a star), sorcery, prophecy, ritual sacrifice of animals involving where to spread the blood and organs, etc etc. In other words Christianity in its modern form borrows heavily from other religions and cultures and in its ancient form (the Bible) does the same. Making it as spiritually dead as New Age is, by your own standard.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You want to be honest, even if you're willing to step on some toes? So am I!


If any belief whatsoever empowers a person, he is 'enlightened' and 'spiritually awake' as far as I'm concerned. The key isn't the specific belief, it's the empowerment that BELIEVING gives to the believer. That is all that matters, end of story. You can put that on my tombstone.

Thousands of Christian denominations that have never been unified, and were and have been fighting and arguing against each other and non-believers since the beginning of the religion; we are still going to take this my-way-or-the-highway-crap seriously? Please.

The problem arises when others push their beliefs as the truth, when they are in fact only truths to you, the believer. However, this is natural human behavior. It has nothing to with saving souls, and everything to do with ego and and instinctual need for social dominance over other people. Too bad many of you will never come to this self-realization. Love can be beautiful or it can be a sick, perverse psychological disorder.

The same people who push their beliefs on others are the same people who would brainwash a child in a second to hate a homosexual. Then it becomes that old crap 'hate the sin, not the sinner', ignorantly not realizing a child will never seperate the two. How moral. But even the ethical implications of brainwashing children into a religion (taking their personal choice away and forcing your belief) is a whole nother can of worms, isn't it?

Back to nu-agers. The sad fact is that most (not all) of them don't even qualify as pseudo-intellectuals, and for these it is more of a fashion statement, a social novelty, and they blabber on and on about nothing sensible or logical, occasionally interjecting with some flowery nonsense about love and peace, and 'forces' they feel. Not too different from Christians. Whatever floats your boat, I guess, but why even take these people seriously. Don't cast your pearls before swine, right? I know. It's hard.

OP, people like you need to understand your own motivations for pushing your godman. They have very little to do with any real love or acceptance. Living a life free of sin because of a threatened punishment is not morally sound. Neither is living a life free of sin so you can earn a reward. Altruism. Look into it.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Balkan because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration
 


HOW?

You know me because? Our definition of spiritual are totally different But I forgot that you are one of those self proclaimed divine souls that knows everything there is to know about Jesus Christ So you must no more about these things than I do.

I did not take any thing out of context, which is why I posted scripture leading up to my point.

We see different things from the bible so I am afraid that any form of information (whether strait from the bible or strait from the heart) you will not take into consideration.

You have made up your mind and you are holier than thou........ Let me know how that works out for you.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium
 

Wait... Huh? I think I missed something... Again mistakes are ok

edit on 25-6-2012 by fallow the light because: I missunderstood someone missunderstansing me who actually missunderstood some one else lol



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by acmpnsfal
 


No that is not what the Bible says, try reading it instead of copy & pasting rubbish like that from atheist sites.


This isn't rubbish....

Proverbs 16:18



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by TechUnique
I recently further developed my already existing relationship with god and I consider myself more of a Christian now although I still have a long way to go. I also cultivate chi and believe in some of what you may consider 'New age'. Your thoughts?

Also. Please clarify on what you mean by 'New ager' it is an extremely broad term.


Maybe this will help...

"The New Age Movement is Designedto Destroy True Biblical Christianity"

www.scribd.com...


Ah well in that case I am not 'new age'. Have been deemed it a few times though. Would still love to hear the op's view on my first post though.. doesn't seem to be happening I feel left out


Why u ignore me op?



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Religions hating other religions ... same old cycle...



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium
 


Only men with hardened hearts see thousands of contradictions. In reality their are none, God does not make mistakes. The bible is inspired and preserved and has never been proven wrong.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull
 





I nearly did a spit-take. Please, where is there any good evidence that Jesus even existed? There are literally no accounts of Jesus that survive which were written during his lifetime. Only decades after his supposed life do we get the first gospels and those written in Greek by non-eyewitnesses. Even more ridiculous is the implication of your statement, that Jesus still exists.


Frankly, I think it's pretty reasonable to question what really went on given the lack of ANY documented PERSONAL writings from "God's only begotten son" and "savior of man." If he existed, what is the likelihood that he would have failed to record any of his own personal thoughts? We have been given every last one of them on the level of hearsay from a third party.

Anyone that can make an excuse for this absence of writings from the "horse's mouth" should wonder two things:

1. Did Jesus really even exist?

2. If he did exist, does the fact that there is no "Book of Jesus" mean that his written word has been purposely concealed or destroyed so that humanity would not read it? If so, WHY?

My guess is that nothing about Jesus is what it seems.

The eternal mystery.
edit on 25-6-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
You want to be honest, even if you're willing to step on some toes? So am I!


If any belief whatsoever empowers a person, he is 'enlightened' and 'spiritually awake' as far as I'm concerned. The key isn't the specific belief, it's the empowerment that BELIEVING gives to the believer. That is all that matters, end of story. You can put that on my tombstone.

Thousands of Christian denominations that have never been unified, and were and have been fighting and arguing against each other and non-believers since the beginning of the religion; we are still going to take this my-way-or-the-highway-crap seriously? Please.

The problem arises when others push their beliefs as the truth, when they are in fact only truths to you, the believer. However, this is natural human behavior. It has nothing to with saving souls, and everything to do with ego and and instinctual need for social dominance over other people. Too bad many of you will never come to this self-realization. Love can be beautiful or it can be a sick, perverse psychological disorder.

The same people who push their beliefs on others are the same people who would brainwash a child in a second to hate a homosexual. Then it becomes that old crap 'hate the sin, not the sinner', ignorantly not realizing a child will never seperate the two. How moral. But even the ethical implications of brainwashing children into a religion (taking their personal choice away and forcing your belief) is a whole nother can of worms, isn't it?

Back to nu-agers. The sad fact is that most (not all) of them don't even qualify as pseudo-intellectuals, and for these it is more of a fashion statement, a social novelty, and they blabber on and on about nothing sensible or logical, occasionally interjecting with some flowery nonsense about love and peace, and 'forces' they feel. Not too different from Christians. Whatever floats your boat, I guess, but why even take these people seriously. Don't cast your pearls before swine, right? I know. It's hard.

OP, people like you need to understand your own motivations for pushing your godman. They have very little to do with any real love or acceptance. Living a life free of sin because of a threatened punishment is not morally sound. Neither is living a life free of sin so you can earn a reward. Altruism. Look into it.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Balkan because: (no reason given)


Thank you!



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light
 


I know who Christ is through the scriptures. I do not claim to know everything about him but I know who he is not. Perhaps you are talking about a different Jesus and not the one in the bible? We see the same things from the Bible you just choose to twist scriptures like the pharisees did.
edit on 25-6-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by BlueMule
 


Well I can know that your not a Christian if you claim there is another mediator other than Jesus. The scriptures just proven you wrong yet you continue to argue? That is exactly what the pharisees did. And who says I am judging your heart? I am just letting you know what the scriptures say.
edit on 25-6-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)


There is no other mediator than the Christ. The problem is, you don't know what the Christ is. You have a kindergarten, cartoonish conception of Christ.

You are a child on a diet of exoteric milk. Not esoteric solid food.

You have a kindergarten conception of God, a narrow one and a cartoonish conception of "New Age".

This happens all through history. Ignorant fundamentalist orthodox children with their exoteric milk think they can run around judging esoteric mystics with their solid food. It happened to Jesus back then and it happens to Christian mystics today.


edit on 25-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)
My oh my. I'm glad you showed up. Exoteric milk vs our esoteric solid food...


OP, you condemn and judge because you do not understand; perhaps you are too afraid to understand, but most likely not ready to. The keys of knowledge are available to those who seek and keep seeking, through wisdom and simplicity. Those who have shown that their hearts and minds are ready will find the meanings and inner-workings of the "kingdom." Through love first and foremost, through knowing ourselves, through oneness, through integrity and will, we drink from the mouth of the living one.

People often fear and ridicule what they do not understand. The stones you cast however will only end up burning you, so I suggest you take a good hard look at yourself before you're covered in burns.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration
 


The Bible was written by man. Not God nor Jesus put a pen to it. The thing is up for interpretation. It can read to all nations and be understood by all nations if read in that nations context. If not then it is just your context and is meant for you.

Just as some feel that Jesus is the greatest gift and some feel that our free will is the greatest gift. Or how some read that there is no hell and some read that there is.

You are not a chosen one to tell people that they are wrong in their faith. You are to simply spread the WORD and let the people interpret for them self's.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


So Jesus was into ancient pagan pantheist mysticism even though he condemned such things?

Makes sense... Not


Jesus was a mystic. To follow in his footsteps is to become a mystic too.

Every religion has a mystical tradition at its heart. Even Christianity. The mystical tradition is in the esoteric layer of the religion, not the exoteric layer.

Fundamentalism and orthodoxy have their place. Just as baby-food has its place. Their place is in the exoteric ("outer") layer. There is nothing wrong with baby-food. Unless you refuse to outgrow it.

When you are ready for the esoteric ("inner") understanding of a Christian mystic, the Holy Spirit will lead you to it. Until then, I would advise you to avoid arrogantly judging things you don't understand. You are only hurting yourself.

"The Christian of the future will be a mystic, or he will not exist" -Karl Rahner


edit on 25-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by auraelium
 


Only men with hardened hearts see thousands of contradictions. In reality their are none, God does not make mistakes. The bible is inspired and preserved and has never been proven wrong.





posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration
 


You just choose to tell people they are wrong in what they believe.

Like I said I posted scripture to LEAD UP TO MY POINT. You could read the scriptures before my point and see that NOTHING is taken out of context...... Not to mention that context is up to ones self.

You can tell me I am twisting scripture and I can say the same of you. I am going by the Jesus from what "I" read in the Bible.... Not the Jesus that YOU read from the Bible.



new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join