It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why New Agers are "Spiritually Dead" and not "Enlightened"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

I think you know what New Age is. Here is an example of one of there threads such as this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The REAL truth is quite simply this: NO ONE REALLY KNOWS AND EVEN THE MOST ANCIENT OF RELIGIONS IS PURELY SPECULATIONS AND UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIMS BY PEOPLE LONG DEAD.

Maybe you don't know, but there are people who know the truth and that is a person named Jesus Christ. I don't follow religion. I have a relationship with God.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Eh the bible says a lot of things. It says unicorns are real, if a woman is raped she has to marry her rapist, god supports slavery, you should stone to death a child that doesnt listen, anyone with crushed or missing testicles cannot go to heaven, and the list goes. So please stop quoting this book, its silly.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I have to be off but when I get back I will pull out ALL of the scripture that states what purgatory is and what happens when Jesus destroys the universe and recreates it.

1. There is an afterlife.
2. Jesus didn't go to hell.
3. When a person dies, they will be judged and spend an eternity in hell for there sins. Or they have been covered by the blood of Christ and there name is written in the Lambs book of life.

One thing before I go..... Hell is not a fiery place. It is the furthest point from God that one can get...... Which is... Drum roll please....... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! POOF Gone, Unable to know see or ever understand God. No love. All things are of God and all things are created by God even your little definition of hell. So one would NOT be able to reside in a creation of God..... Even a fiery pit of eternity.

I might be a while getting back from the store and gathering my info so if I take to long just PM me.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I never said there wouldn't be a resonant harmonious pressure-wave frequency of cosmic-conscious inducing awareness and understanding, welling up from the depths of the center of the zero point field or akashic record (book of life), when the time comes though, did I..?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by BlueMule

The Bible says Jesus Christ is the only mediator. "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 1 Timothy 2:5

So I am afraid your new age ways will not get you to heaven.

Oh, I think I'm fine. Jesus has knocked and I let him in.

It's not your place to judge that. You don't know me or my heart.

It's you that all of us are worried about. You are usurping a place that doesn't belong to you...a place of judgment... and in doing so you are not doing Gods will. You are stroking your ego.

'Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.' Matthew 7:21

edit on 25-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

How can you be spiritually minded if your mind is not focused on Christ and what he did for us on the Cross?

And if your a true follower of Christ you would know better than to quote scripture out of context like that unless you are new in the faith.

Thanks for your interest.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

Probably because Jesus stated that "WE ARE ALL HIS CHILDREN" Thats how.

You know that arrogance is a carnal sin right?

You might wanna inform a large percentage of Christians of this, as many of them have an issue with the group known as "homosexuals"....because, as you know, God had plenty to say about this particular population of "his children" in The Good Book...and it ain't pretty.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by NightGypsy

I never said there wouldn't be a resonant harmonious pressure-wave frequency of cosmic-conscious inducing awareness and understanding, welling up from the depths of the center of the zero point field or akashic record (book of life), when the time comes though, did I..?

No, you did not...... and I thank you for clarifying your view in this regard.....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Well I can know that your not a Christian if you claim there is another mediator other than Jesus. The scriptures just proven you wrong yet you continue to argue? That is exactly what the pharisees did. And who says I am judging your heart? I am just letting you know what the scriptures say.
edit on 25-6-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
You have to give credit to the Romans... Christianity was nothing more than a clever ploy to reestablish their failing Empire, but by using the more cost effective method of mind manipulation rather than military conquest.The fact that we have simple minded morons living by and quoting their contrived book 2000 years later is a testament to just how smart they really were.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Originally posted by fallow the light

Probably because Jesus stated that "WE ARE ALL HIS CHILDREN" Thats how.

You know that arrogance is a carnal sin right?

You might wanna inform a large percentage of Christians of this, as many of them have an issue with the group known as "homosexuals"....because, as you know, God had plenty to say about this particular population of "his children" in The Good Book...and it ain't pretty.

God never refers to people as "All His Children".

From Adam we are all God's Creation.
Through Adam we are all part of the Human Race and are blood-brothers and sisters.
Without the 2nd Adam, we have no spiritual relation.
The second Adam is Jesus Christ.

John 1:12
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(KJV)

In the context of the rest of the New Testament and with the grammer used in the verse above it is clear that there are people who are not the children of God. This is why the phrase, "power to become the sons of God' is used.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I recently further developed my already existing relationship with god and I consider myself more of a Christian now although I still have a long way to go. I also cultivate chi and believe in some of what you may consider 'New age'. Your thoughts?

Also. Please clarify on what you mean by 'New ager' it is an extremely broad term.

Maybe this will help...

"The New Age Movement is Designedto Destroy True Biblical Christianity"

www.scribd.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Jesus was new age, don't trip

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

How can you be spiritually minded if your mind is not focused on Christ and what he did for us on the Cross?

You see, that's one of the problems I have with the whole Jesus issue. Let's look at what he did...realistically. At face value, he was allegedly sent here by God...as his only begotten...Son to die to for sins so that we may have everlasting life. In essence, to take the punishment for things he DIDN'T EVEN DO. Even in our own Earthly justice system we don't intentionally send an innocent man to an execution. It is not fair....it is not just. What about all the people before Jesus was born? Did they have no chance to go to Heaven because Jesus had yet to exist and, therefore, had not given his life for THEIR sins?

Frankly, I would question the compassion of a God who would put his only son through such torture for things he didn't do and hold it up as a symbol of his love.

The whole thing is a cluster.....in my humble opinion. But people are free to believe as they wish.
edit on 25-6-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

link   

Well I can know that your not a Christian if you claim there is another mediator other than Jesus. The scriptures just proven you wrong yet you continue to argue? That is exactly what the pharisees did. And who says I am judging your heart? I am just letting you know what the scriptures say.

There is no other mediator than the Christ. The problem is, you don't know what the Christ is. You have a kindergarten, cartoonish conception of Christ.

You are a child on a diet of exoteric milk. Not esoteric solid food.

You have a kindergarten conception of God, a narrow one and a cartoonish conception of "New Age".

This happens all through history. Ignorant fundamentalist orthodox children with their exoteric milk think they can run around judging esoteric mystics with their solid food. It happened to Jesus back then and it happens to Christian mystics today.

edit on 25-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

link   

1. Jesus spoke of a lake of fire in revelation.
2. Catholic Purgatory is a Lie!
3. Their is a hell.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
How about these based on my experiences and studies and my life.

1. There is no Hell.
2. Jesus is not the only path to God. Although, he is one and many find comfort in Christian Churches.
3. There is nothing wrong with cutting out the middle man/men and going straight to God.
4. The Bible is so convoluted and confusing as to be an unreliable map to true spirituality. At least for me.
5. When I keep things simple like asking God for direction and thanking him/her for everything that I have, life is usually much better.

I don't star very often but I stared this post. Would have starred twice if possible.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Christ is the Messiah the Jews were waiting for in the old testament but failed to recognize his coming.

Yeshua Ha'Mashiach or Jesus of Nazereth is the Christ, son of God.

My exoteric milk tells me the apostles of Jesus were fundamentalist orthodox.

Meaning they actually believed the scriptures and the one true God. If your going to use such labels then tell me why I should not be a fundamentalist orthodox if that's what you wish to call me.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

1. Jesus spoke of a lake of fire in revelation.
2. Catholic Purgatory is a Lie!
3. Their is a hell.

Oh....okay.....if you say so.

"SO IT SHALL BE WRITTEN....SO IT SHALL BE DONE!"

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Jesus was new age, don't trip

Precisely. He embodied it and was it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>