It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why New Agers are "Spiritually Dead" and not "Enlightened"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This thread will offend some and anger others... I am not going to beat around the bush about these things.

People who are involved in the New Age cult often claim to be "spiritually awake" or "alive" but are they?

God tells us that our spirits are dead!

And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. (NASB) Ephesians 2:1-3

The Holy Spirit describes unsaved people as having been dead men and women who were walking around. This is the walking dead. We are described as walking around in this world. We were disobedient and living as we pleased. We were alive in body, yet we were dead. Now how can that be? There is only one way - alive in body and dead in spirit. Dead men and women do not walk around!

When did our spirit die? It happened when Adam sinned back in Genesis. God had warned Adam that he would die. He had warned Adam not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Our English translations miss a very important word in Genesis 2:17.

. . . . . . .but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you shall surely die." (NASB) Genesis 2:17

God did not just say, "you shall surely die," the original Hebrew records God as saying, "you shall die die." God repeated the word "die" twice. This Hebrew root word MUT means "to be executed - to die." Was God merely adding emphasis when He used "die" twice or did He imply physical AND spiritual death?
What is the New Age Movement?

Today's so-called New Age movement is by no means "new," On the contrary, it is the culmination of ancient pagan pantheist mysticism.

If you are into "New Age ideas" and are reading this thread I ask you: Have you found what your looking for yet?

Jesus Christ is the most spiritual person in existence and the most spiritual person to have ever walked this earth. Many people are seeking spiritual fulfillment and are on many and varied paths. Are you connecting with the ultimate source of all fulfillment and spirituality or are you being short changed?

If you want to know the truth, true spirituality comes from Holy Spirit only... The 3rd person of the Holy Trinity.

The Holy Spirit ALWAYS comes to us in Jesus' name! ... Anytime you hear someone talking about spiritual matters, and the name of Jesus is not present, then they are deceived.

"He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad." -Matthew 12:30

"He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth." -Luke 11:23

"Once you've deified yourself [made yourself into a god,] which is what the New Age is all about, there is no higher moral absolute. It's a recipe for ethical anarchy.

SOURCE: Time Magazine, (December 7, 1987), pg. 72.

There are 2 things every New Ager needs to know...

1) There is a God.

2) You are not him.

Jesus' own words:

And the scribe said unto him, Well, Teacher, you have said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: Mark 12:32

Truly spiritual people don’t view themselves as spiritual at all. If you want to be spiritual all you need is faith is Christ and then the Holy Spirit will dwell within you. When you do it the other way and try and become spiritual through your own account see this thread you will deceive yourself and play right into the devils hands.
edit on 25-6-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

i don't think im a "new ager"

but we do need to wake up.

and by "wake up" i mean lots and LOTS and Loooooots of things.

personally, i believe that right now as we are, no matter who you are, no matter how "enlightened" you are,

your pretty much not even CLOSE to "alive" not as we are now.

maybe when our time comes, we truly become "alive"

but AS we are now, we are not awake at all.

peace.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I recently further developed my already existing relationship with god and I consider myself more of a Christian now although I still have a long way to go. I also cultivate chi and believe in some of what you may consider 'New age'. Your thoughts?

Also. Please clarify on what you mean by 'New ager' it is an extremely broad term.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I also think the Bible said...

"Judge not lest ye be judged"

And the judgmental tone of this post; I don't think will lead anyone to salvation. To mean spirited imo.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

If you have the Holy Spirit in you then you are alive spiritually and will not die a second death.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Really?

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

We are to live our lives spiritually and that spirit should be of Jesus BUT it is the thoughts of the flesh that claim us our death. The death as in "written out of the book of life"

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

You live not carnally but spiritually and you get ever lasting life.

It is your sinful ways that condemn you NOT your lack of holy spirit.

Just like those who know nothing of Christ. As long as they live spiritually and not carnally they get ever lasting life.

Please stop giving us true Christians a bad name.... Pretty please

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Hi, I'm a new age Christian, meaning that I believe that Jesus Christ is both savior and model and the harbinger of the new age, which is an age of both spirit AND reason.

For a point of reference, see the final pages of the Book of Revelation.

In Christ we are the bride, and the spirit and the bride conjoined together say come and freely drink the living water (flow) of eternal life.

Christian conservative lieratalist fundamentalists however, would have everyone "else" thrown into the lake of fire in the midst of all manner of death and destruction, first.

For me, however, believing in God as the God of love, who promised not to destroy the world, but to draw people to him by his love, I prefer to begin with the end in mind and start there, and work backwards. I won't fall into the trap of literalist fundamentalism, declare myself part of an EXCLUSIVE club and warn everyone else of hellfire, which imo is a sin against God who's will is the will to love.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

Seconded.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Doesn't Jesus also tell his followers not to judge others? Why don't you go and try to be the person that Jesus want's you to be, and stop the hate speech!

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Your entire argument is based on your own faith. and as such is an obvious and biased attempt to discredit anyone else's personal beliefs.

You try to define what 'New Age' spiritualists are, but the fact is that it the 'new age' label is just a coverall name to describe pretty much anyone that doesn't follow one of the well known mainstream religions, even agnostics.

WHY is it so very important to you to constantly make these kinds of posts?

Too bad if your wrong about your own beliefs hey, what would that mean for you?

The REAL truth is quite simply this: NO ONE REALLY KNOWS AND EVEN THE MOST ANCIENT OF RELIGIONS IS PURELY SPECULATIONS AND UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIMS BY PEOPLE LONG DEAD.

Believing in a given religion with such fervour is no different to condemming someone to death without first gathering evidence and having a trial.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
Really?

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

We are to live our lives spiritually and that spirit should be of Jesus BUT it is the thoughts of the flesh that claim us our death. The death as in "written out of the book of life"

You live not carnally but spiritually and you get ever lasting life.

It is your sinful ways that condemn you NOT your lack of holy spirit.

Just like those who know nothing of Christ. As long as they live spiritually and not carnally they get ever lasting life.

Excellent post!
Christianity isn't as archaic as some people make out. It can scare people.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

If you have the Holy Spirit in you then you are alive spiritually and will not die a second death.

awww thanks ^_^ *hugs*

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

And the judgmental tone of this post; I don't think will lead anyone to salvation. To mean spirited imo.

As I said my post will offend... The Bible says some people override their consciences until they are callused and unaffected (1 Timothy 4:2)... Only Christ can give people what they need emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

We are not God and can never become enlightened by our own actions. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

To death! lol

If read correctly one would understand that no one gos to hell and the alternative to heaven is being written out of the book of life (this is for those that deny being spiritual and only want carnal things) So its ether heaven or Nirvana. Ever lasting life with no pain and suffering. Or ever lasting nothingness with no pain and suffering.

The key here is "JESUS LOVES ALL HIS CHILDREN" No need for suffering lol

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think new agers are funny. Dead in spirit or not.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Most people that are spiritually awakened have also realized:

1. There is a higher power, some term God, some term something like "prime creator".

2. The most important lessons Jesus, who was either just a channeler or possibly a humanoid alien (but not a son of God any more than you or I are), had to teach us were only two things; a) the Golden Rule is the only important rule, and b) the soul moves on after the physical shell expires.

3. Organized religion is superfluous if you understand #2 above, and at best it just a power grab/method of control - and at worst a force for much evil.

4. The best forms of worship one can undertake are;

a) self - meditation

b) self-introspection

c) service to your fellow man

Thus most people who are self aware consider sitting in a church with many self - righteous hypocrites being told what to think and do and being made to feel guilty for normal behavior which does not violate the Golden Rule by someone who is possibly also a hypocrite/criminal or even a pedophile - a waste of time.

Religions and church worship are basically for those who do not have the desire to think for themselves nor the curiosity to explore spirituality by themselves.
edit on 25-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: toned it down

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by olaru12

As I said my post will offend... The Bible says some people override their consciences until they are callused and unaffected (1 Timothy 4:2)... Only Christ can give people what they need emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

We are not God and can never become enlightened by our own actions. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth.
Can you respond to my first post? Would love to hear your thoughts or anyone else's.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Christianity is about liberation, not bondage, or fear of separation, it's all about God's love as the love that sets us free, not to pursue debauchery, which never satisfies anyway, but to a life lived to the full even to overflowing - set free for the sake of freedom, to freely love as we are loved.

"Our liberation is God's compulsion."
~ C.S. Lewis

Whoever would come along and seek to BIND you with the exclusivity of "Christianity", under threat, isn't really a true Christian, because a true Christian isn't as much a strict believer in the letter of the word, as they are a true lover of Jesus Christ.

"You will know them by their fruits."

They are really wolves in sheep's clothing, people who in Jesus' own words would traverse the seas proseletizing, only to make their converts twice as fit for hell as they are (how did he know?).

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

It's true Jesus Christ will bring in a new age after the New world order has been defeated, where Christ will reign for 1000 years on earth, but its not the same as the one new agers talk about. The Bible condemns ancient pagan pantheist mysticism and spiritualism that is not from The Holy Spirit. I don't think you can be a true Christian (follower of Christ) and believe New Age ideas. Ether your trusting in Jesus or the world, you cannot have it both ways. And by "Christian conservative lieratalist fundamentalists" I take it you mean people who trust what the bible actually says? If so I am glad I am a fundamentalist because I trust the bible as Gods inspired word.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

OP, I agree with your thread having been a New Ager. I was like a mouse in a maze. I was constantly reading tons and tons of New Age books that were always spewing to be positive and to not focus on the negative and that fear itself is this evil thing. These foolish books made me really stupid. I also notice that because of the things they said that I was chasing over their distorted rendition of history and luring myself to the mystery schools. What annoyed me was that from the getgo I could see the Nazi Eugenics Agenda that was playing out with some of these New Age teachings and the sheer foolishness and akin to a drug sedation of the population.At first I was on fire trying to fight this New World Order, then when I started buying into the New Age, I started almost not caring,thinking it was just some natural learning process of the Universe to experience hardship and then re-incarnate and do it all over again.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join