It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea condemns ‘grave’ use of flag during U.S.-South Korea war games

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I did several searches and I could not believe I did not find any matches. This really ticks me off so much I just about put it in the Rant section.

North Korea publicly condemned the use of its flag by U.S. and South Korean forces during a war simulation as a "grave" provocation—and further justification for its nuclear program.

"It is an extremely grave military action and politically-motivated provocation to fire live bullets and shells at the flag of a sovereign state without a declaration of war," the North Korean foreign ministry said in a statement on state-run media on Sunday.

Approximately 2,000 U.S. and South Korean troops took part in Friday's simulation, according to Agence France-Presse—the "largest single-day joint live-fire exercise," timed to mark the 62nd anniversary of the start of the Korean War. The joint military drills took place at a training field in Pocheon, South Korea, near the North Korean border. U.S. and South Korean forces are also staging a three-day naval drill in the Yellow Sea.

According to the news agency, it was unclear whether the flag was hit during the exercise..

For more of the story visit the link.
news.yahoo.com...we want war

It is like poking a stick at a rabid dog. I am now convinced that whomever is in charge really wants to be back at war with the North.

What a bunch of bs.

I knew that gas prices won't be lower for long. Looks like tensions are rising time for the gas prices to rise again.

If this story has been posted already, I apologize. I am not a fan of the ATS search function. I tried a few different key words including the title of the story.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I really didn't see this coming right now. Looks like something out of Cheney's playbook. Who was in charge of the war games I wonder?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

So the north is pissed we used a flag to denote the area to attack in the war games and you agree with this. The north is one of the most depraved nations ever to sit in authority on this earth . The evil they do is unimaginable and you worry about upsetting them by using the countries flag as a demarcation point .

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

edit on 25-6-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

Who was in charge of the war games I wonder?

I don't know, the article conveniently left that info out.

According to the news agency, it was unclear whether the flag was hit during the exercise.

I am surporised that whoever was in charge didn't just come out and say, "yeah we really blew the NK flag to smitherines.

I know that they bicker back and forth all of the time, but I feel that this is really unnecessary.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

So the north is pissed we used a flag to denote the area to attack in the war games and you agree with this. The north is one of the most depraved nations ever to sit in authority on this earth . The evil they do is unimaginable and you worry about upsetting them by using the countries flag as a demarcation point .

Wake the hell up.

As 1st world nations, it's above the realm of common sense that you do not intentionally provoke warring nations with acts of irresponsible idiocy. You do not blow up other countries flags and fire bullets at it and act like it's "okay". I don't care what North Korea has done.. it has less to do with "respect for North Korea" and more to do with "respect for the Volatile state of the World" and not upsetting the balance.

Where do you people come from with your absurd obfuscation.
edit on 25-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Do what?

I think that it is time to start spending more time on our own economy and people. I thought this was obvious with my gas prices comment and all.

I am tired of policing and taking care of other nations that do not really care what is going on in their own country.

I personally think that we need to bring every single troop home set up some serious homeland defenses and pave the damn roads.

So what you are saying, is that the world will be a better place if we went to war with them again?

I say screw NK. I think that we have helped the south enough that they can pretty much take care of themselves. If not we could send them some more missiles and bring our Boys (and girls) back home.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Blah, blah, blah; more empty threats.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Definite star for you my friend.

I couldn't have said it better.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
Blah, blah, blah; more empty threats.

Don't forget that these "empty threats" are what makes energy prices go up.

Nothing will probably come of it, but just the story in the spotlight stirs the pot a little more.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Now let's start a war because of a piece of cloth with a design on it. This world is going to hell in a hand basket. I guess this just shows how insane governments of this world are. Not to mention intimidating other countries with their childish war games. How do people of the world accept this crap?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

How do people of the world accept this crap?

I feel that it is because it does not affect them in the here and now.

People live within their own little "bubble" and like to think that everything is peachy.

That is my take on it anyways.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I understand that maybe Nth korea is a country run by an evil regime but to blatantly offend them by shooting at their national flag is ridiculous. Sometimes I think that they do it on purpose to get an instant response. I cant believe how low our countries stoop to just get the pot boiling again.

On another note though, with everything that is going on I can see breaking point around the corner. This does not look good at all. If China get involved in any conflict, you can bet Nth Korea will be right behind them. 3-4 million troops is a big ask for anyone..

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Didnt North K blow up a ship ,the Cheonan ,last year and still havent recieved any retribution
Its a flag, A tip of the hat and a quiet " we good now" should suffice. Paybacks a bitch

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Didnt North K blow up a ship ,the Cheonan ,last year and still havent recieved any retribution
Its a flag, A tip of the hat and a quiet " we good now" should suffice. Paybacks a bitch

Taking pot shots at a nations flag is not payback. It is more along the lines of an insult and one that isn't needed. Fair enough, they blew up a Sth Korean ship and shelled an Island, again do you think taking pot shots at their national flag is a good idea?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

The Cheonan was a false flag attack. I thought, given that this was a conspiracy forum, people would know that... by now...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

no, its something out of obumers play book, if he can cause a big enough crisis he can suspend elections, you know, the one he is going to lose in a few months. and he just cant completely destroy the USA in only 4 years...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

about the N.Korean fag being bombed in training,

SO WHAT

its called propaganda

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Wake the hell up.

As 1st world nations, it's above the realm of common sense that you do not intentionally provoke warring nations with acts of irresponsible idiocy. You do not blow up other countries flags and fire bullets at it and act like it's "okay". I don't care what North Korea has done.. it has less to do with "respect for North Korea" and more to do with "respect for the Volatile state of the World" and not upsetting the balance.

Where do you people come from with your absurd obfuscation.
edit on 25-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

It is wusses like you that makes them so blatant , you don't appease tyranny , you confront it in strength . Oh and by the way just breathing upsets the north so you should consider no upsetting them .

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
North Korea,
1968 North Korean commandos attempt to assassinate S. Koreas then President Park Chung Hee,
1968: 130 North Korean commandos entered the Ulchin and Samcheok areas in Gangwon-do.
1969: Six North Korean infiltrators crossed the border near Chumunjin, Gangwon-do and killed a South Korean policeman on guard duty. 1970: Three North Korean infiltrators were killed and five South Korean soldiers wounded at an encounter in Kumchon, Gyeonggi-do.
1974: The first of what would be a series of North Korean infiltration tunnels under the DMZ was discovered.
1976: Three North Korean infiltrators and six South Korean soldiers were killed in the eastern sector south of the DMZ. 977: An American CH-47 Chinook helicopter was shot down after straying into the north over the DMZ. Three airmen were killed and one was briefly held prisoner.
1980: Three North Korean infiltrators were killed attempting to enter the south across the estuary of the Han River.
1981: Three North Korean infiltrators spotted at Kumhwa, Gangwon-do, with one being killed.
1981: Three North Korean infiltrators were killed in the upper stream of Imjin River.
1982: Two North Korean infiltrators were spotted on the east coast, with one being killed.
1987: North Korean agents plan a bomb inside an overhead storage bin on Korean Air Flight 858, killing all 115 people onboard mostly South Koreans
1990: The fourth North Korean infiltration tunnel was discovered, in what may be a total of 17 tunnels in all.
1992: Three North Korean infiltrators dressed in South Korean uniforms were killed at Cheorwon, Gangwon-do. Three South Koreans were also wounded.
1994: An American OH-58A+ Kiowa helicopter crosses 10 km into North Korean territory and is shot down.
1995: Two North Korean infiltrators were intercepted at Imjin River. One was killed, while the other escaped.
1995: North Korean forces fire on a South Korean fishing boat, killing three.
1996: Several hundred North Korean armed troops enter the Joint Security Area and elsewhere on three occasions, in violation of the Korean armistice agreement.
1996: Seven North Korean soldiers crossed the DMZ, but withdrew when fired upon by South Korean troops.
1996: North Korean vessels twice cross the Northern Limit Line and have a several-hour standoff with the South Korean navy.
April 1997: Five North Korean soldiers cross the Demilitarized Zone in Cheolwon, Gangwon-do, and fire on South Korean positions.
June 1997: Three North Korean vessels cross the Northern Limit Line and attack South Korean vessels two miles (3 km) south of the line. On land, fourteen North Korean soldiers cross 70 m south of the center of the DMZ, leading to a 23-minute exchange of fire.
June 1999: A series of clashes between North and South Korean vessels take place in the Yellow Sea near the Northern Limit Line.
2000: Two US aircraft observing a ROK army military exercise accidentally cross over the DMZ.
2002: A naval gunfight in the Yellow Sea caused one South Korean speedboat to catch fire and sink. A North Korean vessel also caught fire and is believed to have been destroyed in the battle
2005: A South Korean man runs across the border to defect to North Korea, escaping heavy South Korean gunfire.
2006: Two North Korean soldiers entered the DMZ and crossed into South Korea. They returned after South Korean soldiers fired warning shots.
2006: South Korean soldiers fired warning shots after North Korean soldiers crossed briefly into their side of the border.
2009: A South Korean pig farmer, who was wanted for assault, cut a hole in the DMZ fence and defected to North Korea.
2009: Naval vessels from the two Koreas exchanged fire in the area of the NLL, reportedly causing serious damage to a North Korean patrol ship.
2010: Two shots were fired from North Korea towards a South Korean post near Hwacheon and South Korean troops fired three shots in return.
2010, ROKS Cheonan allegedly by North Korean Sub, sank off the country's west coast near Baengnyeong Island in the Yellow Sea, killing 46 seamen.
2010, North Korean artillery shelled Yeonpyeong with dozens of rounds at Yeonpyeong-ri and the surrounding area. This shelling followed a Southern military exercise in the area. The South returned fire with 155mm K-9 self-propelled howitzers. The shelling damaged dozens of houses as well as Southern military infrastructure and set buildings on fire. Two South Korean Marines and two civilians were killed in the shelling, with eighteen others wounded.

after over half a decade of aggression towards their southern nieghbours, they get annoyed by the south firing on a flag, they need to wind the necks in and get some perspective. :-)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join