It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Calls The Catholic Church The Church of Babylon And Tells People To Flee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I notice that a lot of people keep assuming that The Catholic Church is Christianity when it incorporates idolatry and does other things that the scriptures warn not to do. A lot of people who are in those Catholic Churches are deceived thinking that following catholic rituals will guarantee them the salvation of their soul.

In this prophecy, God commands people to leave the Catholic Church:
www.amightywind.com...

You who gather together to view an old sick man full of demons and he is under MY wrath for he steals MY glory and encourages the people to worship him, bow down to him, kiss his hand, a hand made of mere dust and bow down to mere idols.[color=palevioletred] Millions listen and strive to obey one who calls himself a pope. You who call yourselves Catholics I command you now, flee the churches of Babylon. My Torah commandments plainly state 'thou shall have no other gods before ME.' (Ex 20:3) Who is your creator and yet how many have done this. You call yourself MINE and yet you do not even know ME if you do not flee, hell and the Lake of fire is what you shall see.

www.insightsofgod.com...

The Roman Catholic church is the only
religious institution in the world to have introduced
worship by means of the cup (v. 4). This
represents the impurities of its prostitution.[color=palevioletred] Indeed,
the Roman Catholic church has profaned
the word of God by adding things which have no
part in it (censers, candles, rosaries, idols, holy
water, ashes, the cult of the dead...) (Revelation
22 : 18), and cut off what is beneficial (1 Corinthians
12 : 4-11 ; Ephesians 4 : 11).
Furthermore, Catholic dignitaries cover their
heads during prayer, which is contrary to 1
Corinthians 11 : 4. The cult of the dead is forbidden
by God, and by practising it one enters directly into rebellion. Requiem masses can in no
way save a soul (Mark 12 : 27, Psalms 49 : 7-9).
These revelations may be amazing, as was
the case for the Apostle John (Revelation 17 : 6),
because many believe that this universal church
can save souls, while in fact it is under God’s
judgement ! That is why it is high time to come out
of its midst and to earnestly seek after salvation !
(2 Corinthians 6 : 17-18).

Do not put your trust in a mere man. In this video, this young lady had a supernatural experience with God and was shown a pope in Hell.

www.spiritlessons.com...

Then the Lord took me to place where there was a very well-known man. Before now, I used to live as a double minded young Christian girl. I used to think that any person that died would go to Heaven; that those who celebrated mass, would also go to heaven, but I was wrong. When Pope John Paul II died, my friends and relatives would tell me that he had gone to heaven. All the news on TV, on Extra and many other places would say, "Pope John Paul II has died, may he rest in peace. He is now rejoicing with the Lord and his angels in heaven" and I believed all of it. But I was only fooling myself, because I saw him in Hell, being tormented by flames. I looked at his face, it was John Paul II! The Lord said to me, "Look, Daughter, that man that you see there, is Pope John Paul II. He is here in this place; he is being tormented because he did not repent."

But I asked, "Lord, why is he here? He used to preach at church." Jesus replied, "Daughter, no fornicator, no idolater, no one who is greedy and no liar will inherit My Kingdom."(Eph. 5:5) I replied, "Yes, I know that is true, but I want to know why he is here, because he used to preach to multitudes of people!" And Jesus responded, "Yes, Daughter, he may have said many things, but he would never speak the truth as it is. He never said the truth and they know the truth and although he knew the truth, he preferred money over preaching about salvation. He would not offer reality; would not say that hell is real and that heaven also exists; Daughter, now he is here in this place."

edit on 25-6-2012 by EfficientP because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2012 by EfficientP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EfficientP

I'm pretty sure that the Catholic church is mentioned no where in the bible. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

A lot of people who are in those Catholic Churches are deceived

ALL of the people that are in christian churches are decieved........You cant single out catholicism and say that the fairy tale they believe in is better/worse than any other christian fairy tale.
edit on 25-6-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I forgot to link the prophecy. I juste added it. I'm not referring to something from the Bible. I don't expect those who are not familiar with the gift of prophecy to give credence to this type of thing cause they not even familiar that God is giving people prophecies in this day and age. I myself didn't know about this stuff until a year ago, as I didn't know about the gifts of the Holy spirit. But, if anything, the video of the girl who was shown the pope in Hell ought to let people know they're in trouble if even Catholic popes are ending up in Hell.

www.amightywind.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EfficientP
I notice that a lot of people keep assuming that The Catholic Church is Christianity when it incorporates idolatry and does other things that the scriptures warn not to do. A lot of people who are in those Catholic Churches are deceived thinking that following catholic rituals will guarantee them the salvation of their soul.

In this prophecy, God commands people to leave the Catholic Church:

Actually Prophet Elisabeth Elijah Nikomia SAYS God commands this. Why should we believe her? Why not Jeanne Dixon? Joseph Smith? J.Z. Knight? Ellen White? Aimee McPherson?

Prophets are a dime a dozen and all contradict each other. The chances any one of them has a Hotline to God are slim indeed.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Here we go again. More Christian hate on Christians. What is it with some Christians that they need to bait another group into a hate trap? If it's not New Agers, or Masons or Wiccans, then it's gays, atheists and evolutionists! Sorry if I left anyone out.

edit on 25-6-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Don't worry, hell isn't real, at least the hell that people think exists. If anything, being on Earth can be Hell (and Heaven). State of mind; state of cleansing -- what's your poison?

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

I'm pretty sure that the Catholic church is mentioned no where in the bible. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Read Revelation and see what colors the Whore wears, then look at the clergymen, the Pope, cardinals, bishops etc. Purple and red
, just like what she wears. Only people in the world that wears the colors of ancient royalty like a badge of honor.
edit on 25-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Read Revelation and see what colors the Whore wears, then look at the clergymen, the Pope, cardinals, bishops etc. Purple and red
, just like what she wears. Only people in the world that wears the colors of ancient royalty like a badge of honor.
edit on 25-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

And where does it say one can not wear red or purple?

This says it best:

edit on 25-6-2012 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Purple and red , just like what she wears. Only people in the world that wears the colors of ancient royalty like a badge of honor.
It is actually crimson, not red, in Revelation. What you are calling purple could be any color within a wide band of the spectrum and has nothing to do with royalty but with wealth, which Rome in general had, and not necessarily related to a church in particular.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
mighty big of god to let us know
after more than 2000 years have gone by

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Christianity would have not survived if not for the power of the Roman Catholic Church. After all, it was Romans who brought all of the different sects together and gave them a saviour that cannot be killed.

As both its critics and its champions would probably agree, Roman Catholicism has been the decisive spiritual force in the history of Western civilization. There are more Roman Catholics in the world than there are believers of any other religious tradition--not merely more Roman Catholics than all other Christians combined, but more Roman Catholics than all Muslims or Buddhists or Hindus. The papacy is the oldest continuing absolute monarchy in the world.

Today, every sect of Christianity owes it's roots to this Church, like it or not. It obviously did not start Christianity, but it certainly made it the official religion of the day.

In its origin Christianity is most intimately connected with Judaism, the parent religion. The known world, however, in the time of Jesus was largely under Roman dominion. This was true of the land where Jesus was born. The Roman Empire was then comparatively at peace, and it was the admonition of St. Paul that the first Christians should maintain that peace. The wide sovereignty of Rome gave the apostles of Christ access to different nations, many of whom had become civilized under Roman influence. But pure monotheism existed only among the Jews. All other nations had a variety of gods and peculiar forms of worship.
source

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Elisabeth Elijah Nikomia and Ellen White are actually in line with each other on the basics of the 3 angels messages, the difference in the supposed theology seems to be Elisabeth advocating for no 'soul sleep' for the dead and straight to heaven and a hell eternal. All their alternate theology away Adventist is not backed up with scripture. Her stuff on the beast's mark and the Vatican is all supported by Adventists and Ellen White which is the main thrust of the message

On there about page we find this:

We are Sabbath-Keepers, Not Seventh-Day Adventists

Please don't get confused. We do not endorse some of their doctrines although we believe they do love YAHUSHUA, also called JESUS CHRIST.

We believe in the rapture, we believe there is a hell eternal, we believe to be absent from the body is to be present with YAHUSHUA, JESUS CHRIST. Seventh-Day Adventists believe the lie of soul sleep. Remember the thief hanging on the cross who, because he believed on Him, was told by YAHUSHUA, "Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:43, KJV)
source

- They cite this verse concerning going straight to heaven upon death (verses in Revelation show this is not the case). The way this Luke 23:43 verse was originally written had no commas at all. Look how the meaning of the passage changes when I shift the comma across one word.

"Verily I say unto thee today, shalt thou be with me in paradise." (or other translations with the changed comma position)

New Living Translation (©2007)
And Jesus replied, "I assure you today, you will be with me in paradise."

New International Version (©1984)
Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth today, you will be with me in paradise."

Which version makes more sense, the version that is in harmony with the rest of the Bible (meaning with Revelation, that the dead in Christ rise from the grave at his second coming, as well as the fact that Jesus never went to heaven that day, even after his death he stayed on Earth for another 40 odd days) or the one that isn't? Why does Jesus raise Lazurus from the dead if he is already supposedly in Heaven?

Her advocacy against the Adventist position for 'soul sleep' is also non-scriptural.
- Job 14:12 'so man lies down and does not rise...men will not awake or be roused from their sleep.'
- Psalms 115:17 'The dead cannot sing praises to the LORD, for they have gone into the silence of the grave.'
- Psalms 146:4 'When they breathe their last breath, they return to the ground. In that very day his thoughts perish.'
- “Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.” (Daniel 12:2)
- John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice

Hell Eternal Theology

- "Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." (Jude 1: 7)
How can Sodom and Gomorrah be suffering eternal fire when the place is not burning now?
- "And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an example to those that after should live ungodly. (2 Peter 2: 6)

Reduced to Ashes
The Bible says that Satan and the wicked people will be reduced to ashes.

The Wicked. Wicked people will be completely burnt up.
Burnt Up. "For, see, the day comes, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yes, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that comes shall burn them up, says the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But to you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and you shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
Wicked Becomes Ashes. You shall tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing. (Malachi 4: 1-3)
Fires Go Out. Behold, they have become like stubble, fire burns them. They cannot deliver themselves from the power of the flame. There will be no coal to warm by nor fire to sit before. (Isaiah 47: 14)
Satan. In Ezekiel God says that He will reduce Satan to ashes upon the earth in front of all who see him.
Satan Becomes Ashes. Therefore I have brought fire from the midst of you; It has consumed you And I have turned you to ashes on the earth, in the eyes of all who see you. All who know you among the peoples are appalled at you; you have become terrified and you will cease to be forever. (Ezekiel 28: 18)
source:

Elisabeth's website seems to be adversarial towards Adventists yet the main point of her messages has been said by Adventist's for over a century already. I have only read maybe 10 of her dreams so far and I haven't really detected where in the dreams she gets her incorrect theology from that is in opposition to Adventist. If she hasn't been given 'understanding' on topics like hell, state of the dead ect then she should not comment on it. I will keep tabs on this women to see how these dreams progress and if their is any evolution in her understanding. I haven't completely sussed this woman out yet....but in the mean time if I will stick to White (with her 10s of thousands of pages of written work and fellow Adventist Ernie Knoll who seem more reliable).
edit on 26-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Christianity would have not survived if not for the power of the Roman Catholic Church.

Considering that the R.C.C created Islam in order to wipe out the Eastern Christian empire that were in oppositions to the corruptions of Rome, that they murdered true Christian's by the tens of millions during the Dark Ages and created communism to destroy eastern Orthodox Christianity in Russia (also in opposition to Rome) by killing tens of millions of people, I would say that if it wasn't for the actions of Rome that most likely 80-90%+ of the whole world would be following true Christianity now. You would not have illuminati controlled education policies preventing the teaching of Creation science in schools (which makes the 'science' of evolution look like absolute crap), you would not have secret society controlled religions like New Age or witchcraft ever taking off and gaining such ascendency.

every sect of Christianity owes it's roots to this Church,

This is incorrect, God's pure teachings have been preserved all the way through history by various groups, the original apostles, people like the Waldensians, the Huguenots ect. (This whole history is recorded fully in the first half of The Great Controversy). The Adventist church had roots as amalgamations of other protestants who did have roots in the R.C.C but the theology is basically a rediscovery of the true teachings from thousands of years before. The corruptions began to come in from Constantine who ordered Eusebius, the Bishop of Caesarea to have 50 'bibles' assembled based on the corrupted Alexandrian texts from Egypt rather than the correct Word of God that was already put together in Antioch, Syira. From these 50 'bibles' comes the Latin Vulgate and all other versions were outlawed by the Vatican.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes, that I can agree with. Good observation.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Elisabeth Elijah, isn't that the woman who goes by "amightywind" on youtube that pretends she's a prophet but only repeats what the old prophets have said? She came up with one of her own prophecies and it didn't happen and i just shook my head.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

Revelation 17:3

17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication

The word "fornication" within the constraints of biblical language interprets as Idolatry. Now lets look at some of the Church of Rome's idolatry:

Now is there anyone who cannot look at that and see a sun idol?

Lets look at this next picture, of Ishtar the sungoddess, also depicted as Catholic Mary the "bright and morning star" of catholicism. Notice the crescent moon she is standing on? Notice the pic of Mary sitting on the ark where the eucharist wafer goes? She's sitting on a crescent moon with a hole in her chest with a starburst (solar disc). Al'Lat is also one of the Daughters of Allah the moongod.

Now lets look at the symbol for Islam:

Symbolism my friends, learn to see what Satan does by looking at the things around you. He hides this sh*t right in front of your faces while having you thinking there is nothing wrong with it, if you even think about it.

They put crosses all around this catholic crap to make unsuspecting laymen think it is kosher.
edit on 27-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You know nothing about the Catholic faith - which is Christian.
And you know even less about discerning spirits.
I suggest you unplug from that cult and the fake 'prophecies' and educate yourself
from authentic sources. :shk:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Babylon was an evil empire, engaged in occult ritual and magic arts. Mystery Babylon is referred to in Revelations as the whore or fornicator.

One would have to examine the symbols and the images, statues, paintings, gold etc. and find examples of idolatry in the RCC, and prove that it leads an evil empire, to show that it's the whore of Babylon.

top topics

join