It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human powered helicopter flies for 40 seconds just by pedaling hands and feet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well just like the title says, these people have built quite a nifty human powered helicopter.

The sixth flight of Gamera II, the second human powered helicopter from the University of Maryland's Alfred Gessow Rotorcraft Center. Video evidence suggests the helicopter, piloted by Colin Gore, flew for approximately 40 seconds. Watch the flights live, Saturday June 23 starting at 9am Eastern! www.agrc.umd.edu...

This seems a little impracticable for everyone to be driving above main street with but none the less I think it would be fun do have on a hugh piece of property.

Let's hope they can meet the contest guidelines and take this thing even further. I want to be able to use it just as I mentioned above.
edit on 25-6-2012 by godfather420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by godfather420

with the use of levers and pullies, they could make this take MUCH less effort.

the only problem i see is control, if they take all their limbs to power it, how to do they fly it?

if it was able to be controlled by brain power and your own will, this would be even better, and its completely possible!

this is AWESOME.

peace.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Cool...but very difficult to parallel park.

Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
By its very design (a cool one at that), it isn't going to make any lift after it leaves ground effect, so I don't think it will make the 3m height requirement.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Not practical.

And...AWESOME. Engineers with time and $ on their hands will be the end of us all.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by godfather420

I just want to be able to fly like I do in my dreams. That would feel liberating.

I'd probably get bored after a while, but for a time, it'd beat everything else.

top topics

join