It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How American fundamentalist schools are using Nessie to disprove evolution with your tax dollars.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Clearly there's a huge difference between how it works there vs how it works here, so I understand why you're funding ideals are different from mine.

In Canada, private schools do very well for themselves and receive tons of funding from private sources like industry and other support groups that are either non-profit or hve a stake in the stability of the school.

If these private schools in your area exist out of demand for a safe environment for children because of over crowding in the public schools or downright non safe avenus of attending, then I'm all for it and I'd agree in that case that federal funding for certain things would be ok.

As long as those schools are doing their part with the other funding they receive.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

OOOOOOOOOOOOH ... now I see. You are in Canada ... I didn't realize that.
Yep .. big difference. We are in the megalopolis (DC through Boston).
You are in the great white north (which has excellent icecream!!
)
Canada is run differently. Okay ...

tothetenthpower ... I"m just looking at this with 'mom eyes' I'm sure. I see kids across this country needed playground equpiment and art/music classes and better lunches and I don't care where they go to school, I just want them to have it. Like I said .. if it were books being funded I'd be right there with you saying 'no way'. But the other stuff ... I'm looking at it like a mom I guess ... give the kids a junglegym or some paper and crayons .. if the government has those grants to give then I don't care if it's private or public school .. just give the kids their swingset and crayons ...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
If these private schools in your area exist out of demand for a safe environment for children because of over crowding in the public schools or downright non safe avenus of attending, ...

All of that and more. The city schools are not safe and provide LOUSY educations. The schools outside the city are better. But the city schools ... YIKES! Over crowded and definately not what I'd consider safe. Really .. the church schools provide some relief for the overpopulated city schools and the kids in the church schools are much safer and their grades are better. (I'd imagine from being safer and not having to worry about being the victim of violence)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Then I'm cool, I have no issues if it's going to keep kids safer and educate them better, other than the article discussed in the OP

If that was happening in my kid's school, you can get I would loose my mind.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Then I'm cool ...

As always

Go get yourself a nice cold Molson ale, kick back and watch some hockey reruns so that you won't go through hockey withdrawls (canadians go through withdrawls in the summer) .. and think about what you want to tweet to the aliens ...

ATS Thread ... tweet the aliens
I'm thinking mine will be asking about the purpose of anal probes.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
As a scotsman I find it hilarious and sad in equal measure.

Poor Nessie, press ganged into the service of religious fundamentalists. What a way to end a showbiz career.

Presumably Sasquatch and the Yeti had a better agent.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Then I'm cool ...

As always

Go get yourself a nice cold Molson ale, kick back and watch some hockey reruns so that you won't go through hockey withdrawls (canadians go through withdrawls in the summer) .. and think about what you want to tweet to the aliens ...

ATS Thread ... tweet the aliens
I'm thinking mine will be asking about the purpose of anal probes.

Oh no no, I have 9 months of winter to deal with EVERY year, so no, if I want hockey I'll go out in the street and play with the kids.

Right now is the beach I long for, and it's only 20 mins away, but the weather is rain for the next week, so yay.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

Wow.

This sure helps America to face her problems in the current financial crisis.
Nothing says "hire me" like a diploma from disney world.

Which brings me to the question:
Exactly how many creationists are there in the U.S.?
I know you have quite a few creationists over there, but how big a threat is this voluntary stultification really?

That first little bit, made me spit my coffee, well done.

And I think the creationist data is like 60% of the population in the US still? Somebody should dig up some stats on that, but I'm pretty sure its around at at least the 50% mark.

~Tenth

I've been thinking about an appropriate response to this since yesterday.

All I came up with is: I'm really, really sorry to hear this. Honestly. Damn that's bad.

I think I lost a big chunk of hope when I read this.
edit on 27-6-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
As a scotsman I find it hilarious and sad in equal measure.

Poor Nessie, press ganged into the service of religious fundamentalists. What a way to end a showbiz career.

Presumably Sasquatch and the Yeti had a better agent.

I am also a Scotsman and have lived around Loch Ness all my life and can tell you that beyond being (at the very outside) an exceptionally large eel or the occasional visiting sturgeon Nessie does not exist.

Even if prehistoric Pleasosaurs could still exist somewhere in the worlds deep oceans then for one they were salt water creatures (loch ness is fresh water) and two Loch Ness was only formed in the last approx 12,000 years by glaciation during the last ice age so they could hardly living there since the days of the dinosaurs !!!

Every year around late March and April the sightings start just in time for the tourist season but to wheel her out in the pursuit of creationist theory for American christian schools is just pathetic,,don't know if I want to laugh or cry hearing this !!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join