It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Footage from Costa Rica, January, 2012.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Anyone well versed in CGI techniques out there that can shed some light on this footage?

It doesn't look tampered with to me (but then I'm no expert) and appears to show a self luminous unidentified flying object appearing then disappearing in broad daylight over Costa Rica on the 8th of January, 2012.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The footage is really blurry, it's kinda hard to tell what it could be.

I have a problem with it though: the channel that posted it has nearly 148 videos, 99 percent of them of alleged 'UFOs'.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You must question a video that is presumably filming a work crew and then focuses in on a piece of sky before the "ship" materializes. Not what I'd call credible.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

It amazes me how such an advanced race could base their navigation system on that of a butterfly!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

I have a problem with it though: the channel that posted it has nearly 148 videos, 99 percent of them of alleged 'UFOs'.

Thanks for the reply mate and you make a good point about the video channel, don't usually post threads about UFO videos but this one did look interesting to me.

reply to post by bphi1908

Bphi1908, thanks for the reply -who said anything about a ship?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
NOT a UFO in my opinion...Its a reflection from inside the glass of a car, its pretty sorry that they sent this out to the world,,probly some kid..look at the way it disappears when the camera gets to the same angle,,,,tat what I think,,could be wrong..

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Bphi1908, thanks for the reply -who said anything about a ship?

touche...let me rephrase.

You must question a video that is presumably filming a work crew and then focuses in on a piece of sky before the a self luminous unidentified flying object materializes. Not what I'd call credible.

If you didn't think it was manned craft of some kind or "ship" what made you curious about this footage?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
NOT a UFO in my opinion...Its a reflection from inside the glass of a car, its pretty sorry that they sent this out to the world,,probly some kid..look at the way it disappears when the camera gets to the same angle,,,,tat what I think,,could be wrong..

Originally, I agreed with you, but that isn't a reflection. Footage is slightly aged and I can't tell if it's CGI, but it could be and if it is, I would say it's a very early attempt at video fakery.

Personally, when I look for UFO vids, especially daylight sightings, I always keep in my mind the reports from archives. Specifically, atmospheric effects from the craft, spinning and/or possible slight, wobble movements (in the case of saucer sightings) and anything else multiple witnesses have stated about their encounters. Chances are, if you have a hundred witnesses over a hundred different cases, all reporting similar things, then there must be something to it.

edit on 25-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Hi Karl,

Here's the video where it's extracted from:

I would be very cautious about this video, and here's why:

1- Jaimie Maussan
2- The guy in the JCB didn't bother neither to look at the "UFO" nor to stop its JCB
3- It acts like a reflection with very unnatural moves
4- It seems to disappears behind an invisible standing obstacle, like a glass for example:

5- Is it really behing the tree/leaves? Hhhmmm.... Not so sure...

edit on 26-6-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Still unsure of this footage although I did find this by JLW, very similar in shimmering effects:

And if you forward to 2 minutes of this video, there's some close ups:

Very unique whatever it is, but it is something imo, UFO.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Agreed to me Jaimie Maussan=fake

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

5- Is it really behing the tree/leaves? Hhhmmm.... Not so sure...

Elevenaugust, thanks for the detailed reply mate and one of the reasons I was interested in the footage in the first place was that the object appeared to go behind the tree (thus ruling out a back reflection) - good job on posting the slowed down image.

reply to post by bphi1908

Bphi1908, sorry for sounding flippant but the use of the word "ship" in quotation marks did seem a bit assumptive - especially as no-one had even quoted it.

It could be the case that this vid shows a reflection so the term 'self luminous unidentified flying object' isn't right either.

Originally posted by dashdespatch

Agreed to me Jaimie Maussan=fake

Dashdespatch, far be it from me to defend Jaimie Maussan but not everything he's involved with is bullsh*t - here he is presenting a video interview with Colonel Ariel Sanchez (head of the Uruguayan Air Force UFO Office) about a 'self luminous unidentified flying object' over the Palmar Dam.

Military Jet Fighters pursue UFO over Palmar Dam

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
well.. it is certainly Unidentified and it is flying and it seem to be an object.. so it fits the description of UfO.. an alien spaceship it is not lol..

kidding aside, i would love to hear your opinion on the costa rica ufo taken in lago de cota by a goverment mapping plane.. that photo make me lost sleep many times over lol..

join