It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Hires Former Fox Corrispondent for Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Vatican Hires Former Fox Corrispondent for Media

news.ca.msn.com

VATICAN CITY - The Vatican has brought in the Fox News correspondent in Rome to help improve its communications strategy as it tries to cope with years of communications blunders and one of its most serious scandals in decades, The Associated Press learned Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Although I am a supporter of the Catholic faith, as well as conservatism, I can't help but feel this is a bit...off. Is there something more persuasive in this hiring than the factors we know of? Or is this just another...hiring.

Being the person I am with the beliefs I have, I could only hope that this is benigne.

However, given history....That much is doubtful.

news.ca.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

so the pope, and fox news? what the....

this is bad.

VERY BAD.

edit: i really hope this isn't true.

not even they are separate from the evil system!?!?

G help us all.

peace.
edit on 25-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Improve = Not get caught as often lying.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
For me I see this as a "who was most interested in the job" sort of thing. I find it hard to believe that an unbeliever or someone with vastly different beliefs would want the job. Of course there is always the one person trying to get a deeper story and will eventually leave, but really those are quite rare in my opinion.

I think the deal here is that this correspondent was a like minded fellow who wanted the job and took it. Regardless of their beliefs though I always take most any information I get and run it through a mental sieve to see what I get.

I am not really sure what the Vatican needs a media correspondent for though; I guess it is sort of like the White House and their reporters. You can bet though that regardless of the reason the reports coming from him will be biased.

Raist

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately for Catholics, the reality is that there is a business of running the Catholic institution as well as a separate matter of ministering the faith. The two are (as I say, unfortunately) inexorably intertwined.

Whether it is by a naturally occurring phenomenon of massive institutions, or by simple corruption; these matters must be surgically separated from one another - otherwise the church (the REAL church, the people and what they do) will suffer the indignities of the "church" (which is the "business.")

Public relations is only a cosmetic solution to the problem. (But far be it from me to presume to advise the Holy See as to how that must happen.)

The fact that a former Fox employee is there shouldn't be considered as anything suspicious, because whomever they chose - it would have to have been from within the Conglomerated Media Institution (after all there are only 5 or so real owners.)

Now if Fox suddenly becomes overtly "church friendly" I too will be inclined to start to scrutinize the relationship.... But it seems a bit too soon to start casting aspersions on a "business" seeking to manage an already failing public image.

This wont detract the perennially angered at the tragic missteps the Catholic church has taken part in over the centuries... even if you remind them that those sins for which they have yet to publicly atone are not theirs alone, but just a small portion of the sins of emperors, kings, queens, presidents, and parliaments, as well.

(For the record, I find the Opus Dei angle far more interesting.)
edit on 25-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Perfect fit, I must say! lol

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
this seems like a desperate grab by the Vat.
Why a Fox "journo"-must be just for the US audience I suppose.

I mean Fox news..its a joke.
A bad political joke,like something from a dystopian sci fi film but its real.
the real problem is some folks believe the stuff they say...not all but enough sadly.

When I first watched faux news in the UK I actually thought it was a comedy show.
I have since learned it is far more insidious than that.
I laugh no longer.

Come on Vatican-you have been uber subtle for many years-Why the change?
Scardy scardy puss by any chance??

edit on 25/6/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: extra letters added and moved about

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Going with Fox is only logical since MSNBC keeps getting caught editing out information. I mean if they didnt suck so badly at it im sure they would have been choice number one.

CNN ratings are so low that no one watches them anyways so why use them?

On a serious note I think they went with Fox because of their religion correspondant. The vatican has a religious rep that goes on Foxnews often as well as Foxnews having a religion correspondent.

If the other networks have them then they must hide them as I have never seen them. Why not pull a resource from an organization that has lent a voice?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Unfortunately for Catholics, the reality is that there is a business of running the Catholic institution as well as a separate matter of ministering the faith. The two are (as I say, unfortunately) inexorably intertwined.

Whether it is by a naturally occurring phenomenon of massive institutions, or by simple corruption; these matters must be surgically separated from one another - otherwise the church (the REAL church, the people and what they do) will suffer the indignities of the "church" (which is the "business.")

Public relations is only a cosmetic solution to the problem. (But far be it from me to presume to advise the Holy See as to how that must happen.)

The fact that a former Fox employee is there shouldn't be considered as anything suspicious, because whomever they chose - it would have to have been from within the Conglomerated Media Institution (after all there are only 5 or so real owners.)

Now if Fox suddenly becomes overtly "church friendly" I too will be inclined to start to scrutinize the relationship.... But it seems a bit too soon to start casting aspersions on a "business" seeking to manage an already failing public image.

This wont detract the perennially angered at the tragic missteps the Catholic church has taken part in over the centuries... even if you remind them that those sins for which they have yet to publicly atone are not theirs alone, but just a small portion of the sins of emperors, kings, queens, presidents, and parliaments, as well.

(For the record, I find the Opus Dei angle far more interesting.)
edit on 25-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

At this angle it makes more sense. Of course, its all a Public Relations type thing, but as you noted, the Opus Dei aspect is a wee bit mind tweaking. That said, I think that the mental image of Opus Dei has been slightly askewed by that Dan Brown fool.

Of course, The Vatican would want someone with obvious right-wing leanings, as well as some connections to the Church. Its kind of a Foot/Shoe situation if you look at the surface.

top topics

join