It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden in Leaked Memo told Obama his War Plan was Flawed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's probably irking Biden to no end that he, a well seasoned fella, has to play second fiddle to a nobody community organizer from the corrupt Chicago policial machine. (not that Biden is any prize
) Either that or Biden has swallowed his pride (and common sense) and is going along for the ride to get the Vice President perks.

Biden in Leaked Memo Told Obama His War Plan Was Flawed

As President Barack Obama considered adding as many as 40,000 U.S. forces to a backsliding war in Afghanistan in 2009, Vice President Joe Biden warned him that the military rationale for doing so was flawed, a new book about Obama's expansion of the conflict says.

The book, "Little America: The War Within the War for Afghanistan," also says that in planning the drawdown of troops two years later, the White House intentionally sidelined the CIA. Obama purposely did not read a grim CIA assessment of Afghanistan that found little measurable benefit from the 30,000 "surge" forces Obama eventually approved, the book quotes a U.S. official as saying ...

"I do not see how anyone who took part in our discussions could emerge without profound questions about the viability of counterinsurgency," Biden wrote to Obama. To work, the counterinsurgency or "COIN" doctrine requires military gains to be paired with advances in government services, a "credible" Afghan government and Afghan security services that can take over, Biden's memo said. Although the U.S. military could accomplish any technical assignment related to the new strategy, such as sweeping insurgents from a village, "no one can tell you with conviction when, and even if, we can produce the flip sides of COIN," Biden wrote. He supported a buildup of 20,000, half the number requested by then-war commander Gen. Stanley McChrystal

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What the hell does Biden know about warfare?

He ever in the military, go to West Point, and all those war colleges?

Biden is flawed, and oh so many ways.

That coming from a guy who got 2 deferments for Vietnam, and has his law degree not that Obama the lawyer is any sort of military genius.

Lawyers playing war for crying out loud.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

More and more...I think they are setting Biden up to step down and allow Hillary to come on in as the VP.

This is the 3rd or 4th negative story on Biden in the past few months.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Bingo!! Perhaps we'll see a battle between Condi and Hillary while the other dudes just kick back and watch the action. Each candidate with a strong female running mate could be interesting... Popcorn and beer will be my treat!!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
What the hell does Biden know about warfare?

He ever in the military, go to West Point, and all those war colleges?

Biden is flawed, and oh so many ways.

That coming from a guy who got 2 deferments for Vietnam, and has his law degree not that Obama the lawyer is any sort of military genius.

Lawyers playing war for crying out loud.

Biden seemed to have supreme common sense. and anybody that remembers Viet Nam can explain to you.
Can you please point out to us where his reasoning was and is wrong? As a matter of fact, his points are becoming clearer and clearer every day as we try to disengage with that country and the country itself cannot uphold its own duties. As much as I hate to say it, Biden was exactly right. Many non-polltica military men will agree with Biden in spades.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Biden seemed to have supreme common sense. and anybody that remembers Viet Nam can explain to you.
Can you please point out to us where his reasoning was and is wrong? As a matter of fact, his points are becoming clearer and clearer every day as we try to disengage with that country and the country itself cannot uphold its own duties. As much as I hate to say it, Biden was exactly right. Many non-polltica military men will agree with Biden in spades.

he might have been right from a military-strategic standpoint, but not from a public-relations standpoint.

from a public relations standpoint, the surge was a golden goose.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

More and more...I think they are setting Biden up to step down and allow Hillary to come on in as the VP.

That's an excellent point.

While I read your post the light went off. There indeed seems to be an effort to negatively portray the man. Not that he needs any help there. I cannot stand him. He's even more phony than Obama.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Reports indicate HC doesnt want the VP position under this administration as she plans to run in 2016. Taking the position under the current could doom her chances of a successful win.

Of course, there are other reports that say if she doesnt, she has thrown the party under the bus.

Who knows????? We live in very odd and unpredictable times.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Hillary is smarter and better positioned in the world than Obama.
She'd outshine him in every way.
(IMHO .. they should have gone with her to begin with ... )

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Hillary is smarter and better positioned in the world than Obama.
She'd outshine him in every way.
(IMHO .. they should have gone with her to begin with ... )

It would be a strong ticket...and an incumbant isn't worried about being "outshined".

You want a VP to shine in the 2nd term of the Presidency...it sets them up nicely for the next election. I don't think anyone thinks that the 2016 Democrat candidate is going to be Biden....so they kind of need someone. They don't want to go into 2016 without momentum.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Remember the last time a president listened to a VP about going to war??

Hello IRAQ

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You want a VP to shine in the 2nd term of the Presidency...it sets them up nicely for the next election.

VERY true. You could be right. The only thing is that Obama is tainted. Fast and Furious is looking more and more to be on the scale of Watergate and Obamacare is going to take a hit on Thursday. The crap from Obama could dirty-up her chances for 2016 if she were to be his VP.

I think she's got a nice clean shot in 2016 without the Obama baggage. IMHO

new topics

top topics

join