It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs are actually not what you think.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Well, I have heard from some very credible sources on this site that aliens as we understand them are actually scary DEMONS controlled by SATAN and determined to win over the souls of humanity by turning people away from JESUS.

BOOGAH BOOGAH!

Indeed, I often wonder about that. I don't see how it is any less alien though.

For all intents and purposes, perhaps we are just calling a phenomenon by two different names.

~ Serra

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think William Rutledge summed up the UFO cover perfectly in his interview.

" There is a question you didn't ask for and I'm always surprised that nobody does. This could be your question 27 - why is it necessary to hide UFOs, why disinformation, why putting all this under the carpet? It's question of economics. All currencies on Earth are based on the value of gold. Not many citizens know that but gold is an extraterrestrial metal coming from the death of a star. When a star is dying, its mass is growing, atoms are compressed and when the star explodes, it spreads large amounts of gold in young solar systems. That's why gold is not a mineral to treat but a perfect, carbon free metal. This mean that it is the most common substance in the universe, no more value than a piece of plastic.

That's enough to put down all world currencies. Imagine also that an EBE says: "coffee has a good taste, rare in this galaxy", the only perspective of trading coffee through universe would displace the economic power to countries of the South in one day. You see, not a problem of panic, but simply a problem of economy."

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It may be of interest to the OP that time travel is also the theory of the project camelot people.

From their site:

"The visitors who crashed at Roswell were future humans1. They were not from another planet2, but from a future Earth – stepping (which may be a better word than traveling) back in time to 1947 to attempt to deal with serious problems which had occurred in their history3. Their mission was to try to change their past by creating an alternative branch of their own timeline, so that particular events – about to happen to us in our very near future – would not actually occur. "

Personally I think they are pretty fringe. But yes, why not time travel?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by truthinfact

I think it's pretty well accepted in the scientific community that time travel backwards in time can only occur when the first time machine is created. Meaning if we create a time machine today, then people of the future would be able to travel back to this time, but no earlier. So, if there's no time machine working in some lab right now then no one from the future can get to us.

edit on 6/25/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

I dont know about that,...,.,.,. you are admitting it is theoretically possible for someone to travel back in time,,,, which assumes that the future that person is traveling from,,, exists as much as the past they are traveling too,,,,, if the past always exists,,,, why couldn't a time traveler from the future create a device to allow them to travel to any point in the past?

Oh I'm too ignorant on the subject to admit anything. I've heard a few physicists mention the no time travel to a time that doesn't have a time machine. I can't perceive time as anything other than energy being burned. I imagine time to be like a matchstick that is burning, with no way to UNburn it back into existence.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serraphina

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Well, I have heard from some very credible sources on this site that aliens as we understand them are actually scary DEMONS controlled by SATAN and determined to win over the souls of humanity by turning people away from JESUS.

BOOGAH BOOGAH!

i do believe this.. but i also do believe there are aliens that are not evil.. and ones that do want to help us.. we should have no fear about the demons.. because if the aliens really are demons then the more we fear the stronger it will make them.. so
have no fear!... and know that the good is still out there

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It makes perfect sense to me. but then again, what do I know?

we all want to know the secrets of the universe,
but time is really an illusion we make up.

A clock exists in our DNA so we don't sleep for 30 days in a row and starve to death.

We are really just a big moving unstable chemical reaction. With the ability to sustain itself. That itself is pretty cool, and worth preserving for a eternity, no?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Time travel is highly unlikely, because time is a measure of movement, the rotation of the Earth, the Earth revolves around the Sun, the entire Solar system is moving at a high rate of speed through space, the entire galaxy is spinning and moving at a high rate of speed.

The Earth is spinning at a rate of about 600 miles an hour at the surface. If you time traveled five minutes into the future without physically moving you would be at the very least slammed into a tree fifty miles away, if not within the Earth or out in the vacuum, or halfway into the wall of a building.. If you traveled years into the future the Earth would be hundreds of millions of miles away in space.

You would have to have teleportation at the same time as time travel for it to work.

Good point. And if you have teleportation, wouldn't you have (in theory) a basis for inter-stellar travel?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
physicists say they have proved that a single photon obeys Einstein's theory that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, showing that outside science fiction, time travel is impossible

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I think it's pretty well accepted in the scientific community that time travel backwards in time can only occur when the first time machine is created. Meaning if we create a time machine today, then people of the future would be able to travel back to this time, but no earlier. So, if there's no time machine working in some lab right now then no one from the future can get to us.

Unless they're from another star system where a time travel device was created...

But I think this is all baloney. Personally, I think if time travel into the past is possible then it's into a alternate reality and that there's no possibility of creating a time paradox. The other possibility is that all possible changes to history have already happened and we cannot change it.

The idea of "hiding" from us is simple: a) respecting our rights as a species b) not interested and thus keeping its distance anyway c) don't want to get in the middle of our own problems. The need to hide because they might create a time paradox is too much like science fiction and not like reality to me.

This is how I see it... We're like some crabs on the bottom of the ocean. The aliens are like us up above on the surface of the planet. We sometimes send submarines to look at things in the ocean, but we don't care too much about spending billions of dollars to communicate with crabs at the bottom of the ocean. Put another way, the cosmos is like the rest of earth and we're like microscopic organisms. We wonder when the other intelligences will communicate with us, while during this time they're all around us, just not interested in speaking our language either because we're simple life after all or too easy to miss. ET could pass by and we won't even know because we don't understand the technology and physics. Just like how simple organisms might not even notice us walking nearby. It might be some obscure physics that leaves behind it a wake that we presently aren't observing. Or maybe their encryption is so good we see their messages as background radiation or pulses of natural energy coursing through the vacuum. We may feel them, like simple life might feel us, but it's indistinguishable from many other things we experience in our lives that can be anything.

The reason many people don't "get it" is because they think humans are at the top of the pyramid. They can't comprehend a universe where we're not. If aliens are out there then they want to talk to us because we're worth talking to. We're not like simple life or animals, we're humans. We're special. Therefore, the lack of evidence for intelligent life elsewhere means it's not there or it can't reach us. The possibility that it doesn't care or respects us by keeping its distance is discounted. Rather, if it's out there then it should immediately seek us out and communicate because we're THAT good.

And yet those same people everyday step on a bug; not seeking to talk to it. Everyday there's a crab somewhere not getting their attention. Everyday there's an animal they could have talked to. In fact, there're aliens all around us lurking in familiar shapes and forms and faces. Furthermore, even humans are often aliens to each other. But none of this matters. Because humans are special.

I'm sorry to say it, but WE have to get up and make it happen. We have to show we're good enough by engaging the universe and deciding that living here at the bottom of the ocean looking for food is not the highest endeavour. No, we have to explore and expand outward and seek out those other intelligences. We have to earn the right by taking the plunge. It won't come to us, not usually.

Then when we discover other life out there we'll have to consider how to contact them. Incidental contact may occur, but that's not large scale contact on the scale I'm discussing here. Are they hostile? Friendly? How will they react? Are they more advanced or less? What's their culture like? Their pathogens? Lots of questions. Instead of expecting the universe to come to us, we'll have to be responsible and actually confront what contact means not just in science fiction but in reality.
edit on 3-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is Dan Burish' s story just watered down.

And dont assume to know what people are thinking, it will just get you into arguments.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Very insightful. I might have to agree to a degree with that. I've heard theories about "time travellers" and "different dimensions." And yes, that is a plausible explaination to all these "light phenomenons."

In fact, i'd like to go further and explain all the massive sightings are a bunch of things. Some of them are in fact extraterristrial vehicles, others are humans that time travel (which contributes to the theory of "aliens" looking exactly like humans) and of course, there's also the explaination of our U.S. FEDS experimenting with new aerodynamic technologies.

Of course it's hard to determine and of course NONE of this stuff will even be explained or disclosued. Therefore, only one can speculate. For the record, i don't believe in any of this. But that's not to say i don't think it's not real. These "lights" and other "space anamolies" do in fact exist. And i most definitely know that the FEDS can explain a good portion of all these phemomenons.

Back to the subject regarding time travellers. Yes, those "orbs" and "lights" that are in the sky some of them are come from a different "time dimension." Think about it, TODAY we are in fact living in ancient times. Just 100 years ago was 1912 and since then a lifetime of humanity achievements have been made. And in respects to the "theory of relativity" space and time operate in a cylinder or a cone type of portal. That's why everything has already been done before. Just in a different time and a different space.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Not a fan of the time travel theory at all... makes no sense and nothing suggest even the slight possibility. Even alien visitation is more possible than this. saying that Time Machines are real and I can go back to MIA or the Stone age sounds ridiculous and not even commons sense, logic and intuition or science if you want, suggest this. Time travel in terms of shortening the distance yes but going backward... what now I can revert the time and go to a time where the person in front of me is a kid? You can manipulate all around you, other people? No just no.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
They are actually UFOs because we don't know what they are.
Your thread title contradicts itself. If someone is claiming to know what the flying object is, it stops being a UFO.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is an intriguing theory. I think it's also very strong, although I'm not in complete agreement. It's probably myself wanting to believe in extraterrestrials, but I do believe they have visited and have made appearances on Earth in 'UFOs'.

But I think that your theory has truth behind it.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Wow This Really Make Sense If Your Open To It.

So If they Are Us From The Future Then They Already Know That We Will Succeed In Coming Together As One. And Tptb Are Actually Them (Or The Chosen Few Who Can Actually Be InContact With Them) Working With them To Steer Us Into The Right Path.

If You Ponder On It For A While It Really Does Make Sense.

But Could It Also Be Possible That They Are The ET's We Think Are Actually Helping Us (GFOL Etc) When We "Get Attacked" By Other ET's?

Btw I Dont Really Think You Need To Believe In Aliens To Agree With This Because If We Are Alone, Now, As In Today. Then That Doesnt Mean In The Future When We Are Advanced Enought To Do So, We Cant Spread Life Into The Universe (Or MultiVerse) And Make It Full Of Life

S+F For Future Humans
edit on 4-7-2012 by ImNotHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I think you mean flying saucers when you say UFOs. See, a UFO could be anything, because it is unidentified.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'd like to think that Tesla figured out how to manipulate gravity and electromagnatism to transfer between dimensional rifts in the cosmos. With his dynamic theory of gravity and his obvious attunement with the earths own electromagnatic properties i would have to assume that he was also interested in the possibility of time travel. Being one of the most prolific and exemplary engineers of all time i would assert that he did test and may have succeded in the field of time travel. Perhaps that is why he's the forgotten genius, to cover up what he actually knew about our own world; might be too much for us to handle.

In any case i find this quote interesting: ’You should not be at all surprised, if some day you see me fly from New York to Colorado Springs in a contrivance which will resemble a gas stove and weigh as much. … and could, if necessary enter and depart through a window.’
~~Nikola Tesla~~

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Started reading, saw major wall of text, started skimming through it and saw time travel and stopped reading.

Cool story bra

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Narr, think of it more like a movie. On my computer sits a movie I downloaded, until I play it nothing happens and time is irrelevant to the players in that movie. The movie is outside of the Observers timeline, I can't change the movie nor would I want to. I just play it back for a review and its set in stone. The observer is the important bit and what he/it see's is the real actual timeline and we are nothing but bit players in an experiment...The Universe of Infinity and the Infinite possibility of everything.

Sounds like garbled junk I know but the more you study this existence thing the more you realize we are an infinitesimal part of a massive system that is incomprehensible to us and we can no more understand it than a Microbe can comprehend the complexity of the sexual workings of the Human Female

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

TILL I WAS RIGHT BRO

“A favorite theme of science fiction is “the portal”–an extraordinary opening in space or time that connects travelers to distant realms. A good portal is a shortcut, a guide, a door into the unknown. If only they actually existed….
It turns out that they do, sort of, and a NASA-funded researcher at the University of Iowa has figured out how to find them."
University of Iowa plasma physicist Jack Scudder describes the portals as X-points or electron diffusion regions. He goes on to say, “They’re places where the magnetic field of Earth connects to the magnetic field of the Sun, creating an uninterrupted path leading from our own planet to the sun’s atmosphere 93 million miles away.

ARTICLE

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join