It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Visits Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Iran and Syria Discussed in Putin’s Visit to Israel

At a joint news conference after their meeting, Mr. Netanyahu said that he and Mr. Putin agreed that the prospect of a nuclear-armed Iran “presents a grave danger first of all to Israel, and to the region and the world as a whole.”

link
but not as dangerous as superpowers who trump up charges against unarmed countries, then attack with deadly force and torture them.

And I assume most people can agree that everyone has the right to protect themselves and their family against invasion by illegal forces out to steal your oil.

So then, having said that, lol lets not pretend we do not know what we are dealing with here.

So I am going to completely skirt the issue and focus on the real issue at hand, and if I am a little long winded well I apologize. No one wanted to mention that Putin was in Israel because they didn't want to get me started.

So I had to start the thread myself.

edit on 25-6-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Russia the largest country in the world, Vladimir Putin, one of its greatest leaders. In Israel with Benjamin Netanyahu, champion of Israel.

Well if we were going to build a trade network, based on hubs, then we would need, an airport, and warehousing, and inspection stations, and maintenance for vehicles of all types, and some residential for security, and maybe some hotels for some small business dealings and depending on where the hub was a bank, and of course law enforcement.

All commercial and trade not passenger traffic. A backbone of a type.So that goods such as food can flow, and feed the ever growing population and consumer demand.

What I would also suggest is that since 188 countries have put up the money for this venture, we use the hubs as well to stock pile a bit of rice and grain etc. For emergency supplies. So it has to be stored properly and secured. The stock is rotated and given to the poor if it is not needed.

As a civilization we should be capable of doing that. Taking advantage of surpluses to store some food away.

Now along with food will be consumer goods and since the Internet is flourishing with small business they want to grow their businesses and access global markets. So trade routes that are uncomplicated, will help them to get their goods to the consumer quickly. And again we have to remember that many goods shipped need 'just in time' inventory methods.

And that is primarily why the streamlined hub based commercial trade routes, are best suited for global trade.

And at the hubs proper inspection of goods can take place to give the consumer some protection and complaints can be filed to a board of referees and or binding arbitration.

So even though the finance minister of Greece today quit, probably because I said what good has it done man?

When you see what happened in Iraq, how has Greek culture and history and philosophy benefited man?

That is one for the philosophers the main point is however who shall govern and rule this new trade network?

Is the Internet governed well? Can we use that model or a similar one?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
At any rate, global security is an issue that has been handled regionally, and lets face it who would want foreign powers on their soil inspecting packages? You would permit an inspector from any country to inspect his shipping lanes and protect his shipping rights.

Also to protect the consumers in that country. And so we should also have labs there for testing by inspectors.

But each country has to police its own territory. In situations where that is not possible then the S.C.O. should handle security. At this point I would think it would be better for business if the S.C.O. handled security at all the new trade hub centers. Now this could be subject to change and they may share that out with other organizations that is up to the deals you can strike in negotiations.
I would think the S.C.O. might be best to handle it from China right through to Turkey and Syria and I would even say Israel if Israel wanted to protect its secrets.
Which I think they may have mentioned.

This is about trade not war. So if we want economic development and we don't want to wait 20 years, then you should not get mired in politics.

It costs 5 billion US to build the Singapore Airport, the IMF has a budget of 456 billion for global economic development.
So we can build hubs in the Middle East, and we can build lots of them, since we don't need to spend 5 billion because there is no passenger traffic its merely a place of work, to express goods through to their destinations.
But then you need access to a port or you have to build one, and you need highways for shipping.

We can also build hubs in South America and Central America and Asia. Providing we can get the land donated.
We don't want to pay for land we will build and create employment and open up markets.

So we could build 90 trade depots. If we only spent 5 billion on each location.

So we have options here. We can build many, and make them small compared to Seattle lets say, or we build fewer and make them larger.

In either case, we can expect to get a return on most of that investment but not for a very long time.
Since when you tax goods too heavily it hurts business. So we are looking at very long term small toll type of return on investment.

And you know we can raise far more money than this for this purpose if we need it.

So I wouldn't worry too much about politics because prosperity is much more fun.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Lets appoint NORAD to design air traffic. They will work for us for free because they are nice people.

And then it can be approved by peers.

So since the Internet is made up of the more educated masses and it will be to enhance shopping and trade and commerce, such as suppliers in this crazy scheme called supply and demand.

And as such since they are intelligent, they would want these hubs to reflect that. So they would want them to be modern architecture, with the best use of LED lighting and new lighting techniques.

And to design these places to not overly tax the local power supply. Since some of these may be in rural areas where goods are plenty but services not so much.

And keep in mind, that we should grow these hubs. So even though if we say we slate 5 billion per hub, we might begin phase one with one billion.
And get it operational.
And then develop it further as the market presents itself.
But have the land already and use it wisely since it will be a gift or we just won't put one there.
Thats the way the Internet works, through acts of good will.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Why not just give them the 5 billion and build it all at once then have a grand opening?

We want to see some production. We want to see some successful contracting and successful work habits.

And of course the Internet and software has grown and it has been very successful.

Also it takes longer to build the entire project, and the enthusiasm, regarding the new trade hubs, will no doubt spur on investment in the region.

At this point I could almost say trust me on that one and you would agree because people will make contact with the trade depot, and obtain information on how to set up a business and or market their goods.
And also it is a place where people can advertise their goods and seek buyers or sellers.

So trade agents will want to be located close by.

When it comes to trade of any kind that crosses borders, governments also locate at the hubs.

But this is in no way going to replace the normal commercial trade routes. This is just an organized method of managing a consistent flow of goods and those might include emergency services.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here's another psycho-Netanyahu news clip(not from the NYTimes thank goodness):
"Netanyahu has Decided to Attack Iran Before the U.S. Elections in November"
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If we took the multi-tiered approach, then we based the amount of the initial investment, on some suitable demographic, that would make more sense.

If we just clone like Starbucks, then some areas will have what might appear to them to be, a very large almost empty facility. Whereas a trade outpost with connections would suffice. The IMF has 188 member countries.

And those locations could grow as time goes on.

So as capitalists, we have to understand that there are some areas where a very large amount of goods will pass through the facility, and it might need to be huge and heavily staffed.

So the multi-tiered system is the only real solution.

So we may have to in large traffic areas do more building in phase one of the project for it to be feasible since it might need a large support system.

And so to be frugal and sensible we should build a small scale large area network first, then add hubs.

Span the globe with a handful of larger centers and give them management control.

Then add hubs.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Lets suppose we manage to get this network of trade hubs far and wide. Although those hubs in the larger areas would be large, and the ones in the remotest districts could still have some access to markets for their crops.

And so people prosper. And lets suppose the world enjoys a surplus year of crops, then people may donate crops that would otherwise go to waste, and that food could be stored for leaner times.

And if the trade organization grew to sufficient size, then it might even process some of those raw foods into better storage longer life products to be distributed in leaner times. MRE's or similar.

The main hubs though are the ones which would be the most needed and the most useful right now.

And those would also be a bit politically charged since the amount of money involved in trade is enormous.

However since these main countries have the G20, and they have boards of trade and they have many experts working to encourage trade all the time, they are a good resource.

10 hubs. why the number 10? The number 10 is the number of science, and this is the age of science.
I am not sure it is the age of science and reason, but it is the age of science.

And 10 billion budget each, but if you build a larger facility that includes a shipping dock and breakwater and those sorts of things well we could go another 10 billion.

For that we would expect good access and facilities for land sea and air. A fully functioning modern trade facility.
Airport, all the necessities including trade buildings, and leisure activities, green space, human spaces, even though it is not really open to the general public as a means of travel. A conference center as well.
But it needn't be large because large conferences you have in Vegas or similar.

We would hire a board of directors. They would report to the IMF. IN case of trade dispute that is handed to the G20.

And in the event of total deadlock on an issue it would then go to the G7 for binding arbitration.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

So to qualify for the 20 billion mega project, you need to donate land. The ownership of the land is the trade corporation itself and that will essentially belong to the IMF but there will be a place in there for the UN because world food supply is part of their mandate.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So our mission might be to protect the global food supply by managing markets and improving methods of supply and demand.
As well as to move as much goods from buyers to sellers as is possible. And of course there are companies that do that. We are building facilities to assist companies such as those to move goods.
And manage traffic in a busy world, provide an alternate route to existing shipping routes, and to encourage trade and global economic development.
Our policies should mirror the UN with respect to the environment and organic green initiatives. Since they reflect the ideas and opinions of the educated masses.

As far as security goes, we will not make it part of our mandate. We will at this point try not to get involved as a trade organization but work with local law enforcement and local governments and of course all that that entails.

We want to try to avoid politics. Let the G20 handle trade agreements.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
As far as locations go, if you think you have a good location to be one of the 10 prime hubs, then you should put together a proposal for the IMF. IN the case of a more wealthy country, it might be part of a larger plan and the government might kick in funds.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So then a trading post, and lets use my city as an example. Victoria BC pop about 300,000

So in the downtown core somewhere fashionable, a storefront which is like a physical porthole to the Internet and Internet commerce.

So samples that have been obtained from sellers might be on display, and people could learn about demographics and how to target a market and hire some help in that regard.

They could also buy things as if from a catalog and expect quick delivery. So these sites would be promotional and needn't be overly profitable, but should not be a great burden on the system, and not appear to be bureaucratic, it should be commercial and strive for commercial success.
For wholesale buyers and sellers but also to serve the public who may be uninformed about the advantages of doing business on the Internet.
And yes if they have just had no success promoting their business or obtaining what they need, they could get resource material.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel dashed any hope that Berlin would allow joint bonds issued by the euro zone or other measures sought by partners.t

I was also looking at Russia partnering with Turkey in the Caspian Sea with maybe two small ports and maybe a third into Iran but that would have to include Azerbaijan, and Turkmenistan.
I don't know how practical it is, to move containers across the Caspian Sea, as an alternate route. With a small port or two you collect a lot of goods from the region and add it to the Silk Road.

So Cyprus was asking for 297 billion bailout for it's banks? Or something? lol

And Spain? 5 in total and they all want hundreds of billions for their banks and budgets.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Well I will tell you something Cyprus 1,8 billion we can afford.
But you know when a trade route goes by you, that is an opportunity to buy raw materials and sell finished products. I buy frozen cut strawberries and bananas, from Europe, in my grocery store every week.

Why would I do that? Because the quality is superb. I don't care if I pay 7 bucks instead of 5, or 4.99 providing I am getting something that I want and I like.
Thats how the system works.
People sell fresh herbs via the Internet. This is such a time of opportunity if people will just try.
The bottom line is that according to Socrates, if you do not work, you do not eat.
I think that was Socrates. It might have been Asclipeus.

Have you never been near a port city and have someone you know say to you hey, I have a chance to buy a load of safron at an incredible price, do you want in? That goes on every day where you have trade.
In all sorts of commodities.

Lets take a look at your secret information...
GDP per capita same as Israel, 30,000

Population, 1,000,000

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Well keep in mind I am just a financial advisor and its not my money.

But I can usually tell you what might happen in the economy. The global economy is reasonably predictable.
And since I suppose I more than anyone else steer it, thats how I can usually tell, where its headed.

And even if I was running for President, off the back of a caboose, with a rubber chicken in my hand, waving it at the people to symbolize a chicken, in every pot, I would still tell you the same thing over coffee.

The free market system is driven by supply and demand. If you look to see what people want to buy, and you look for people who are selling it, then you put the two of them together, you are selling goods and making a profit.
If you need short term money, to pay for the product before you get paid, then you borrow and insure.
But it takes motivation.
And it also takes having an advantageous spot on a trade route. And you do. With one million people living where you do, you could be famous for anything to do with boats.
Even if you had boats made in China, and called them Cyprus yachts, you would sell them.

So what is missing? Investment capital? A market to sell the boats? Imagine the shipping services needed.
Diving and underwater repairs, and everything to do with maintenance and piloting.

You're a candidate for a hub.

You should apply. I would go for the 5 billion model though. Then you won't take up too much land unnecessarily.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Could we have one in Greece and Cyprus? I don't see why not.

We want to network them and then someday we will compete with Walmart.

The impossible dream.

Just a network of trading depots, which include shipping and just that in a clean modern facility.
That would stimulate the economy in the region.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You know there was a time when markets were so vibrant, that people just sent things to market.
Buyers were guaranteed.

That might be a crop or livestock or anything. Just put it on the train. They would have an idea of current price but thats it.

There are probably places today where it's still like that. Anything you send them they might need.
But if you send them what they want? Then you just send it to market.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If you wanted to have the G7 rule the 'middle' class trade backbone of the Internet, that might work as long as it was just a body that was used to settle disputes. Like a Supreme Court.

As a political body, it does not include Russia or China. The G8 includes Russia and the G20 Includes China.

So really the Internet trade backbone, should be ruled by the greatest number of participant countries which is reasonable without turning into a committee.

So then you would have 20 major hubs but then it becomes too political because those would then be favored countries.

So if you are going to do that, you maybe should concentrate that power into 10 major centers, to make it more efficient to manage.
That does not mean that all trade must go through those major centers, the Internet does not work like that.

We live in the clouds.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Abbas renews call for int'l peace conference in Moscow
By KHALED ABU TOAMEH
06/26/2012 20:55
PA president meets Russia's Putin in Bethlehem, requests Moscow's help releasing Palestinian prisoners in Israel; Putin describes talks as constructive, says Russia has no problem recognizing Palestinian statehood.

link

The strengthening of ties in the region, to form a cohesive group of like minded business people, who can engage in trade for their mutual benefit.

The Silk Road. And trade with the 'Middle' East, means a global strengthening of the Middle Class, so I am making a play to expand that strengthening into the rest of the world by way of building a network of trade hubs.
A trade backbone of the Internet.

And then at that point goods can travel in clouds, and no one will worry about policing it, because inspectors inspect goods at trade depots. Global mail service.
There, I said it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
extreme double/triple posts

top topics

<<   2 >>

join