It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US and Israel to hold largest ever joint military exercise

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
reply to post by Rocketman7

And you could use military infrastructure to move some goods if you wanted to in this new trade network but its all sealed containers bearing seals from the trade hubs and that is protected by the security forces of the system.

But you know to make a bit of money shipping goods and providing engineering services and logistics and training, it might give you something to do working with merchant navies.

Certainly during global emergencies the military would be helping with the distribution of food and supplies.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

However if you use the military as a part of the merchant navy and expand that to cover the entire new global trade route hubs, and you use the military infrastructure to move sealed containers as well to profit financially during time of peace, then you should use those earnings to improve military housing and military family services programs and education.

Then you can get some reward for your effort because we are going to pay for the military whether it exercises or sits in the bay somewhere or in the deserts of Africa.

So to keep soldiers gainfully employed you might need to shift some to the UN into some positions so they can work more effectively in a neutral manner. But remain on the payroll and employ some pay programs into the system, as manpower. To provide such things as logistical support etc. Communications because no-one, communicates like the military can.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

So if you picture a globe of travel routes it's like spaghetti. But remove that and now place hubs and place nodes.

So you can see a new route by itself there and then isolate it that way. As much as possible. So then you have a cloud system, and so then you need really good computer systems, and you need really good communications.

Who is the best at logistics? Who is the best at communications? The military. And since they just set up and manage infrastructure, they are not really involved in the actual individual business interests.

But can they get things done? Certainly not by themselves. The thing needs to be driven by the capitalist system, financed by the IMF, 188 countries.Steered by the G20.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You need to read this Benjamin. To really understand how much Americans like food.

www.suntimes.com...

The issue is an increasingly heated one nationwide as devoted foodies look for truck locations on Twitter, Facebook and other sites, driving the industry’s growth. Revenues from food trucks are expanding at a higher rate than the overall restaurant industry: Mobile trucks are projected to garner $653.6 million in collective revenues this year, up 4 percent from 2011, while the overall restaurant industry will see a projected $632 billion, up 3.5 percent, according to the National Restaurant Association.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

International Trade Organization in Chicago, typical example of what we would be focusing on in the trade hub centers. The same sorts of issues related to trade.

www.itcc.org...

I would think Chicago might be a good place to put a trade hub. If they want to donate some land in an industrial area.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

In the modern world, a 5 billion dollar project, is a floating bridge replacement in Washington State.

They raise money to pay for it through various means including automatic tolls.

SR 520 and tolls

Tolling on the SR 520 bridge across Lake Washington began Dec. 29, 2011.

How do drivers pay tolls on SR 520?
The SR 520 corridor uses all-electronic tolling, meaning no toll booths and no stopping to pay. Tolls are collected electronically from those with a Good To Go! account as vehicles travel at highway speeds. The license plates of drivers without an account will be photographed and they will be able to post-pay within 72 hours or wait to receive a bill in the mail.

So then the trade network we set up, will be like that in that over a very long period, it will pay the money back, and or reinvest it.

Now since we are capitalists we will generate revenue through office space rental inside the mini malls associated with the centers, and retail lease, and put that revenue towards management costs.

But if governments want to build infrastructure as part of this then that would help the effort to bring buyers and sellers together in your area.
And help to move goods quickly and efficiently.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Now the trade depots need a tower for website developers. Give me a break, what is this the Arab Emirates?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Now the trade depots need a tower for website developers. Give me a break, what is this the Arab Emirates?

Ok I put in the request and this is what came back. We will give you two tower cases, two office chairs, and a water cooler.

Well I think we can negotiate on that point IF, and only if, we can get a real fiber network attached to these trading hubs.
And we will settle for high speed where it can't be done yet.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Want another example? Cloud storage centers in America.

Big data.
gigaom.com...

Companies building computer farms for bulk data storage. The Internet is constantly growing.

So one project for one site a billion dollars. Then with expected 1.4 billion expansion plans thats the kind of thing you are dealing with but they are large corporations.

In our trade centers we don't have that kind of money to invest if we want to span the globe. Which is what we want to do. For one thing if its IMF money, then there are 188 member countries, we can only build 90 hubs to start. Less than 5 billion per and they would be insignificant, more than 5 billion per and they would still be insignificant compared to most large modern areas until you get up to hundreds of billions. The Seattle port is an example of big trade area. You could not build that for a small amount of money.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You know the best we can hope for, is to make a system of ninety centers, that look like a very professional global mail service, that deals in large parcels mostly, and food for markets.

You know with a sharp fleet of trucks and a sharp bunch of eager people dressed well and providing a service. Then the other existing companies can compete with us, and we can compete with them.

And we can also lead, by example, if we want, and hope they will follow.

We really want to associate it with the Internet. And try to maintain a parallel set of global standards and conditions so that it is ,wait for it, what you see is what you get.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

So would this be bad for existing delivery companies not at all, we would be providing just another easy destination for them to move goods through.
We would be making their jobs easy and more profitable.

Even though the trade network would be non-profit, it is also philanthropic, so it has to be capitalistic, to be philanthropic. And in doing so, it then just joins the world of capitalist organizations, striving for world domination, but we are merely competing with them in a niche market.

We are a bit green aren't we? So don't be surprised if the centers reflect our philosophy and use LED lighting, and that sort of thing. And since we work well as a global community we are pretty good at getting universities to work for us for almost nothing.
Lets put that in the asset column.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

So financially now, what you want to build are warehousing centers. A global network of warehousing centers that have back up power. And you can say it is to support global food production and distribution.

Some long term emergency relief storage as well. Tap into the usual sources, get some funding grants for that part of the project if you can based on 90 centers.

And then expand on that plan to include 'just in time' inventory facilities. For the shipment of goods in a cloud based distribution network.

Then involve local authorities, we will assume to get a site location you have already made a deal with the governments there, for the land which they 'expropriate' for use.

So then you need to build a trade depot there. And then some management offices and a small mall.
Support buildings for science and security and business including banking and government inspectors.

Then trucks and maintenance and if possible an airport or dockyard or any other large shipping facility.
So you have 2.5 billion to accomplish that, 1 billion in reserve, for the non-profit corporation's use for that site, then you have 1.5 billion to equip it.

So then it is tied to Internet shopping, and Internet shipping, by offering buyers and sellers, fast reliable service.
And a kind of standardization of terms and conditions. And of course this network is only one stream in a world full of spaghetti-like routes of shipping and receiving.

So on a website, it would just be listed as an option. That is the only way to accomplish things on the Internet is to give the people what they want and what they need. And if we run the service well they will use it.

Now its possible around these hubs, you might have trade valleys open up, like technology valleys opened up.

And they might include technology because an emerging economy and fully established economies, need Internet store-fronts on a continual basis. So then methods of payment we stream-line, and maybe we go with PayPal, unless someone offers us a better deal and if so, then we will maybe give them a time contract of service and then review that at the end of the contract.
(Well we need to be capitalists to pay the bills)

And since we do not have large mailboxes at our homes, and we do not have cold storage mail boxes so we can get grocery deliveries when we aren't home, then maybe we could have little depots in neighborhoods where people can just stop by on the way home and pick up their parcels and groceries.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Dream for a second. You click, click, click, and you just ordered goods for a party you want to have, and it just comes to your large mail box at the depot.

You check your email, each item has been sent, and you get an ETA and its reliable.

Just click and go.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Dream for a second. You click, click, click, and you just ordered goods for a party you want to have, and it just comes to your large mail box at the depot.

You check your email, each item has been sent, and you get an ETA and its reliable.

Just click and go.

I will tell you what would happen. People would calculate the dimensions of their mail box and purchase items that would fit. So then you need to have the bulk storage mail based system, where you go to the counter at the depot, and you ask for your parcel, unless you rent a storage space.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So who will be elected as the board of governors of this lucrative non-profit trade organization?

The board of directors etc should be Internet champions. Those not presently under house arrest etc but maybe those who have created great empires.

We twist their arms, and in the case of Chicago, we let them visit the food trucks, to 'sweeten' the deal.

Piece a cake we will hand out Nobel prizes if we have to.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

So strategically what color are we? We are rainbow people. We will absorb you like the Borg as soon as you discover that through this network, you have a market for your handicrafts.

Someone will name it. And it should sound like the Internet.

And we will spawn a new area of science to do with whats under the floor of the Internet. And how do the conveyor belts get goods to markets, and is it true, the roads must roll?

Where once the Internet hovered in the clouds, now, it will cast its mighty shadow, on the ground.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

"The euro remains under pressure on Wednesday as German Chancellor Angela Merkel continued to voice her opposition for a euro bond," said David Song, currency analyst at DailyFX in New York. "The single currency may face additional headwinds over the remainder of the week should the EU Summit disappoint."

The hike is aimed at curbing Japan's snowballing public debt, which already exceeds two years' worth of its economic output. Analysts at Morgan Stanley say the move to raise taxes will give the Bank of Japan more leeway to ease monetary policy and that is likely to be negative for the yen.

So we need some automated systems and robotics.

Do we want to issue more bonds and have a central banking system in Europe similar to the USA?

Well the problem with that is you become much like a single country at that point. So thats what you would have to decide.

If you want to remain culturally independent, then I suggest we can accomplish that through economic development and joint management of a huge project.

Direct funds to assist the people who need help and create employment which is the root of the problem.

And a global economic development project such that I have outlined would create wealth.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Gunmen ram van into Microsoft's Greek Headquarters
www.smh.com.au...

You know I was thinking that the virtual tourist industry would be something you should invest in.

I have a projector in my room here and 7 foot screen, and that could be a scene from Greece out a window.
In real time, streaming, so that I could experience the wonder and excitement of Greek life, while I sat on my lazy but otherwise safe, behind. I will go bike riding don't worry I am not fat, just maybe tired of getting my shoes checked every time I want to get on a plane.

I think there are probably some reproductions that I would want to buy to decorate a room.

But I am not sure.

But if you say the magic word archeology, I will usually lift my head up.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The Internet itself is a good model for how do you get goods from A to B.

How do you marry two different systems? Well in some industries they have industry leaders. For instance go to a restaurant and they might use a squirrel system.

Its a POS or point of sale system.

www.squirrelsystems.com...

The nice thing about appointing a board of directors who are Internet champions, from all over the world, they will know what is best for the organization to use and probably will go with the leading companies who can be persuaded to give the organization a good deal. And then they can promote world-wide.

I am afraid it is hardball. That is supply and demand.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Google vs Microsoft...

redmondmag.com...

So will we be playing those two giants against each other in order get free stuff?

Does Burger King, compete with MacDonalds?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join